GDT - Mighty Schmucks @ Canucks - 7pm , SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - Mighty Schmucks @ Canucks - 7pm , SNP

Post by Meds »

Rumsfeld wrote:The Ducks don't concern me. I just don't think they're that good.

The Hawks, Kings, and to a lesser extent the Blues are another matter.

Oh, and Ebbett sucks. If AV insists on playing Roy on the wing and leaving us without an NHL third line center, I hope he calls up Schroeder.
Ebbett is indeed brutal.

What forward is still hurt other than Booth who Ebbett is drawing in over?
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

WTF is wrong with Veeeeeenyo??

Two games left in the regular season and he's screwing around with line combos!

How are guys supposed to develop chemistry heading into the playoffs?

Aaaarrrrggggghhhh.

Sorry just had to see what that felt like. Excuse me while I go have a shower!
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Great 3rd period.. and Kesler/Burrows isn't new .. They always play well together.. After looking at the first 2 periods AV shook up the lines with good results :) Made the game interesting . Sedins, Ebbet not playing well..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

If that PP isn't evidence enough as to why Vigneault is an idiot, not sure what is.

Edler gave up at least 3 setups that Garrison would have let go. Garrison wasn't tired, he was barely out there on the 5-on-3. Then sending Roy as the extra man over another bomber like Garrison made no sense. It just clogged up the slot and made it tougher to get pucks through to the net.

I know the game meant jack shit, but if you're going to try for a win when up a man for the last 4 minutes, at least put the guys out that I give u the best chance.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

I was at the game tonight. Why didn't we have tickets for Chicago instead????

Invisible: Sedins, Hansen, Burrows, Raymond (was he dressed? Really?)

Ineffective: Almost all - Garrison looked ok though. Kesler tried. Ballard must be pissed - 4th line winger while newbes get defense spots. Poor Luongo, why did that second goal have to be so bad? Took the "Luuuus" right out of the crowd which was pretty dozy all night because there was nothing short of toothpicks to keep our eyes open.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well that was uninspiring. Glad its almost over. Just get through the last game with no injuries please, thats all that really matters.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:Well that was uninspiring. Glad its almost over. Just get through the last game with no injuries please, thats all that really matters.
I really hope this mentality works this time and that there really is a switch they can flip to suddenly become competitive and play 60 minutes while actually generating some real chances.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well, they certainly turned on switch to play Chicago. Lets hope they remember how when the playoffs start.

It will help having Bieksa back and Corrode looks steady so far.

I really would like them to bring JS back to centre Raymond and Hansen. They played so well together. Keep Roy with Kesler and Higgins. Keep Burrows to start anyway with the twins. Lappy with Ballard or Weise and Kassian on the 4th line.

Defence to start

Hamhuis/Bieksa
Garrison/Alberts
Edler/Corrodo
The only HW the Canucks need
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:Anyone else enjoying the sight of the Ducks without 3 of their 5 best players completely owning the Canucks?

The total lack of offense should be concerning right now. The fact that the Ducks 2nd and 3rd lines are completely controlling the game should also be no small concern.....even despite our depleted blueline.

I don't care if this game is meaningless. There is zero intensity from this team.
Sounds like Kesler was pretty pissed with the team as well. He will lead the charge in the post-season for sure, as he did in previous campaigns...maybe he recognizes too that with his intensity and style of hockey his window on a career and a Cup team may be shorter than he thought.

Not worried or surprised about this game whatsoever, or dEdmonton, I don't think there is a 'switch' either, all the awards or finishing first or getting hot for the last quarter is all crap, they either want it bad come next week or they don't. We all know they have the talent...question is, do they believe in themselves? to be angry enough to channel their energy into something bigger?

Switch?! Pffffffft
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Mëds wrote: I really hope this mentality works this time and that there really is a switch they can flip to suddenly become competitive and play 60 minutes while actually generating some real chances.
Did you watch how disinterested the Blackhawks were against us?

Did you see how many regulars the Ducks were resting, and the ones that weren't were just as invisible as many of the Canucks last night. The guys that played well were AHL call-ups and role players for Anaheim.

Even Boudreau said he could have predicted the outcome of last nights game.

This is what veteran teams do, they know what time of the year is important and they don't want to pick up some nagging injury that will hinder their performance next week when there is nothing to play for in these games. This type of disinterest happens all over the league.

I'm not saying the Canucks are guaranteed to win because they will flip a switch but I think we can give these guys the benefit of the doubt that they know how to best prepare for the upcoming grind.

If this team loses swiftly then we can look at what's wrong. But, if we have learned anything from this year it's when this team is healthy they are a completely different and far more dangerous team. My only concern since the division has been wrapped up is staying healthy!
Last edited by Aaronp18 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Arachnid wrote: Switch?! Pffffffft
You're in switch denial...my eight legged friend
If you need air...call it in
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

I really hope we play a solid, winning game against Edmonton for Lou. Its likely his last game in the Jersey so lets give him a proper send off.
Louuuuuuuuuuuu!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Last regular season game.... 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Rumsfeld wrote:Should've sat Daniel, Hansen, Hamhuis, Garrison, maybe a few other guys. Higgins, Kesler and Edler need to play to get/keep their game going. Henrik has the Ironman streak.
Seems like most of the team took the night off (or 2/3 of it) anyways....
Aaronp18 wrote:
Mëds wrote:Anyone else enjoying the sight of the Ducks without 3 of their 5 best players completely owning the Canucks?

The total lack of offense should be concerning right now. The fact that the Ducks 2nd and 3rd lines are completely controlling the game should also be no small concern.....even despite our depleted blueline.

I don't care if this game is meaningless. There is zero intensity from this team.
Jesus Christ Mëds, lighten up a tad maybe.

Probably just a little hard to get going for a game that means diddly squat and with the Ducks resting so many of their regulars.
It would demonstrate that we can beat the best teams. (a la Chicago)

I don't know why Jensen & Shroeder were not playing, I'll bet they bring more enthusiasm than the regulars.

That said, it was a 1-1 game other than Lu's gawdawful second goal, and the team looked a lot better in the third