Canucks @ Blues 5PM SNET-P, FS-SW

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Blues 5PM SNET-P, FS-SW

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Henrik/Daniel had Naslund, Kesler had Sundin, Kassian needs a mentor...
If you need air...call it in
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

100% agree UDL.

We will see what happens in the off season :)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Jovocop wrote:
wafflecombine wrote:No worries UDL. Wasn't specifically directed at you.

But lets ask a basic question: are there any 21-22 year old power forwards currently in the NHL that can be pointed to as being dominant and can take on a Clowe, Bert, Backes or other big man. I am also not talking about skating cement heads, I mean kids with talent, big size and some swagger.

And at the risk of injecting some science to the debate, why is it that true power atheletes - like olymic lifters and throwers - don't hit their peak until the late 20's to early 30's. My understanding is that its because men are at their physiological peaks at that time: muscle fully developed, etc..etc.

Same thing goes for hockey players. Their cardio will be wicked in their early 20's but the real strength doesn't show up until they've matured. So a powerforward, who relies on power, trying to train power AND cardio, isn't going to really be a beast until he fully physically matures. Its just logic.

As Kassian matures, his strength is going to go up massively. With his strength will come the swagger. With both will come the domination. Everyone talks about big Bert... but how long did it take Bert to become a monster?

Patience :)
Kassian is still young and inexperienced. He will be a monster one day or at least that is what we all hope. Wouldn't that be nice to have Clowe now?
Fuck him and the Rags he rode off on, I hope they don't make the playoffs for the next 5 years, he made his choice and now he's dead to me. It will be a blast to see ol' Zack grow up just as it was with RK, KB2, 22 & 33.
I wish people would would stop whining and bitching about shoulda woulda coulda and live in the now 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

What's so awesome about clown Anyway?
Last I remember he was sitting in the penalty box watching as we had a 5 on 3...

Sure he can play but he ran around plenty too. If we had him chances are he would have been a liability similar to that redheaded cannon ball Torres...

raising hackles all over at exactly the wrong time..
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Jovocop wrote:
Kassian is still young and inexperienced. He will be a monster one day or at least that is what we all hope. Wouldn't that be nice to have Clowe now?

THERE IS NO EFFIN WAY SAN JOSE WOULD HAVE TRADED US RYAN CLOWE.

Full stop.

Steve Ott would have been a much better target but from what I've read on hockeybuzz.com (http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTH/Ot ... XBOpLWceSo) it sounds like Steve's really made his mark on the Sabres.