Canucks @ Blues 5PM SNET-P, FS-SW

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Canucks @ Blues 5PM SNET-P, FS-SW

Post by Arachnid »

CANUCKS (24-12-6) at BLUES (23-16-2)

TV: SNET-P, FS-SW

Last 10: Vancouver 7-3-0, St. Louis 6-4-0

Season series: This is the third of three meetings and the first in St. Louis. The Vancouver Canucks hold a slight edge in the season series so far, losing the first meeting 4-3 in a shootout on Feb. 17, and winning 3-2 on March 19.

Big story: The Canucks and St. Louis Blues finished 1-2 in the NHL standings last season, but are still looking to find their identity as the playoffs approach later this month.

Tinkering with the lineup, Vancouver seemed to find something Monday with a new-look second line featuring centers Ryan Kesler and Derek Roy playing together. The duo combined with Jannik Hansen for two goals and five points in a 5-2 win against the injury-ravaged Nashville Predators, but things figure to be a lot tougher against a St. Louis squad that has been incredibly stingy since adding defensemen Jay Bouwmeester and Jordan Leopold before the trade deadline.

A single point separates the Blues from the ninth-place Columbus Blue Jackets after consecutive losses over the weekend.
Last edited by Arachnid on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks @ Blues 5PM

Post by sagebrush »

Tonight's experiment, from the island of Dr Vigneault:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Roy - Kesler - Hansen
Raymond - Ebbett - Kassian
Sestito - Lapierre - Weise
Edler - Barker
Hamhuis - Garrison
Alberts - Ballard
Schneider.

Keep that PP rolling.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Canucks @ Blues 5PM

Post by Arachnid »

No Laugh fans allowed :evil:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Blues 5PM SNET-P, FS-SW

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Roman Polak...where's he going?
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I can sense a Ballard hip check coming on
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Alberts in OT

Wow, he's a great big presence in front of our net. Keep it up AA!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Well that was gayer than a YXX to YXE direct flight

edit: or is it YQE...I don't know which piece of quilt Ohdee lives on
Last edited by Cousin Strawberry on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Meh, I think they played half decent for a back 2 back. Cory was the difference.
The Blues needed it more. Could be first round match-up which would be great to see KB4 hipcheck Backes into the stands :D
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Well that was gayer than a YXX to YXE direct flight
:lol:

with connecting flights to YYZ and SFO ;)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Considering three of our defencmen were named Ballard, Alberts and Barker I think I'll settle for a point.

A pretty boring game really for a team that may be a first round match up. Let the season end. Although I am doing my annual go away when the playoffs start again this year. They'll need to go deep for me to see them win anything significant. Should catch the first round and back in time for the Finals, again!
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

This was a test for the team, they failed. There are no single points in the playoffs, so Schneider doing the team a favor and stealing the point is all well and good tonight, but it won't mean shit 2 weeks from now. Brutal showing from the team in front of him. A potential first round match up and they come out and don't even generate 20 shots on net while giving up 35.

St. Louis had their way with the Canucks.

The Sedins were again back to their pass it too much routine giving up multiple golden looks at the net in the slot.

Edler had a better game tonight. He's still shit at the point with the puck though and did the Blues PK a few favors this evening.

I can only hope that the Canucks are playing possum right now.....but I really don't think they are. I do, however, think they have all the physical presence of possum.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:This was a test for the team, they failed. There are no single points in the playoffs, so Schneider doing the team a favor and stealing the point is all well and good tonight, but it won't mean shit 2 weeks from now. Brutal showing from the team in front of him. A potential first round match up and they come out and don't even generate 20 shots on net while giving up 35.

St. Louis had their way with the Canucks.

The Sedins were again back to their pass it too much routine giving up multiple golden looks at the net in the slot.

Edler had a better game tonight. He's still shit at the point with the puck though and did the Blues PK a few favors this evening.

I can only hope that the Canucks are playing possum right now.....but I really don't think they are. I do, however, think they have all the physical presence of possum.
I SAID NO LEAF FANS HERE! :evil:

Stop being so melodramatic

Ummmmmmm excuse me but Your Toronto Maple leaves failed Big Time!

This was a nothing game, St. Louis is playing for their life.

No injuries :)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Third game it four nights or fourth game in five nights...wtf
Panic on your own time I just got my sheets all nice and clean and dry...

Oh yeah.... Bahaha 5-1 caps over taranna .... leaves last two rounds... Maybe in a 12 round boxing match..
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Mëds wrote:This was a test for the team, they failed. There are no single points in the playoffs, so Schneider doing the team a favor and stealing the point is all well and good tonight, but it won't mean shit 2 weeks from now. Brutal showing from the team in front of him. A potential first round match up and they come out and don't even generate 20 shots on net while giving up 35..
Playoff tune-up begins Saturday, with the Wings, Hawks & Ducks.
Let's see how that goes
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I'll never get why people are "ok" with the team playing "injury free" and "tuning up" with only a few games left.

They have done this every year and they end up getting bounced. In 2011 they played dominant hockey all year, even right up to the playoffs. They went to the finals. Every year they take it easy and go for the whole "flipping the switch" move come playoff time they end up getting embarrassed.