Canucks Vs AHLvelanche S-Net P 1040 12pm PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Canucks Vs AHLvelanche S-Net P 1040 12pm PST

Post by Benjo »

-This game is listed on my HD box as an MLS game.
-One team is fighting for the top and the other is fighting for another top 5 pick.
-The Avalanche are playing much better since Giggy called them out for thinking vacation over finishing the season.
-I read Burrows was skating on a line with Kesler yesterday
-Don Cherry said last Saturday that you NEVER fly to Colorado 2 nights before a game and the Canucks did just that so I guess they are taking a huge risk here :mrgreen:
-PA Parenteau has more points than I was expecting

22-33-36
14-17-9
21-15-32
13-40-29

2-5
23-3
4-41

Schneider is in if he wakes up all happy happy happy

Canucks.com has Cody Mcleod (7 points) skating on the top line this afternoon.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Vs AHLvelanche S-Net P 1040 12pm PST

Post by Arachnid »

I have a hockey game until 3:30PM (12:30PM PST) and am torn I will miss this very important game....the fact that it is not on the Ceeb is a down right downer. I don't want to miss a minute of the born-again Laughers giving each other low fives (hand jobs under the broadcast table) about how they will analeyes the crap out of their chances in the playoffs (even though they are not officially in...GO Jets! 8-) ).*

:roll:

What the hell am I going to do downtown on a Saturday Night will my baby ? :D

Dance'n, drink'n like a Pagan is what! :wave:

*I may go to the sports pub to watch it with my TML teammates after I win the game (again :thumbs: ) if they offer to buy the beer :evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Should be a dull one...for us AND the Canucks. Lets see if we break 1 page on this GDT...

2-2 Goes to shootout..Hejduk with the winner :shock:
If you need air...call it in
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Nice assist by Bieksa. :scowl:
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Uncle dans leg wrote:Hejduk with the winner :shock:
Hmmmm...that'll be tough since he's not playing
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hansen with the midnight ice rec league goal on Giggy :lol:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Casual Kev is back!
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Whoever suggested the Canucks to trade for Stastny should think about it again...
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Yuck. Not the right team to lose to out of our remaining schedule. Had the opportunity to go 8 points up on the Wild today, which could drop to only 4 if the Wild beat Columbus.

Blew the game with 3 defensive zone giveaways that ended up in the back of the net. Edler and Bieksa were particularly awful. Hansen handled the puck like a grenade.

PP is still too tentative. Kesler was open for the one time on multiple occasions, but instead the guys gently passed it around and Edler went for the weak wrist shot that was blocked easily.

Does anybody else absolutely LOVE when AV bumps Lapierre up in the lineup... :? Fuck me. Lapierre is effective as a 4th liner, but I almost want him off the team so that AV loses the option of moving him up, where is he badly exposed.

Maybe I am alone, but I would really like to see Kassian back with the Sedins. Hansen lacks finish, and is at his best when he is fast and aggressive, which he can't be with the twins because of their slow passing game. I really feel like we will be wishing the Sedins had some muscle on their line when the rough stuff starts in the real season. A confident Kassian would go a long way towards ending some of the BS the twins see from Chicago, LA, etc.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Lame.

A few wins against some bottom feeder teams where the team looked better than they have in a long time. We had hope. Then we watched them mail it in against Colorado.

Someone PLEASE tell me why Garrison isn't on the 1st PP unit. This catering to Edler because he's been here for so long or because he's such a good guy, or because he has all the tools.....time to stop. Wins mean more than Edler's poor little ego. A chance to all but secure the division and they piss it away with stupid defensive zone gaffs.

Whoever was doing the post game, I think it was Garret and Shorty, called a spade a spade when they said that the Canucks could have played at 80% and won this game.....but they didn't even bring the 80% to the ice today.

This team, as it has played since January, is NOT a contender. I don't care if you think this is bed wetting. They simply are not in the running. They have yet to put together a string of good games against real teams. They walk all over Edmonton, Calgary, and Phoenix, but then can't keep it up against Colorado. The Sharks, Kings, Blues, and Blackhawks, are probably all hoping, or wishing they could, get Vancouver in the opening round. It would be a 5 game series and then time to rest up for round 2. Why do I say this? Because everyone of those teams will forecheck harder, faster, and smarter than any of the other teams Vancouver has faced in the last couple of weeks. I Colorado generated turnovers and jumped on stupid mistakes by our defense and forward, then you can just imagine how much worse it will be against teams that actually give a shit.

No I'm not pissing all over myself because they lost to the Avs. We have lost to them in regulation in almost 3 seasons, they were due. But they got this one because the Canucks just can't play consistent, responsible hockey. This is just one more reason why I am so convinced that Vigneault is done here. He has gone stale. They need a coach who will staple a player to the bench when he fucks up and has a game where his head just isn't in it. This coach staples a select few guys, who he clearly doesn't like, to the bench after just one mistake. He then goes and lets his favorites play 22+ minutes of mistake-laden hockey hoping they play their way out of it. Tonight at least there were multiple culprits that he could have benched, but the point stands.

There are 6 games left. They need to flip that mystical switch for, at the very least, the last 4 games. If they don't then Gillis wasted his time, a 2nd, and Connauton, when he acquired Derek Roy because they will all be golfing by May 15th. And I don't think it would have made a difference if he had managed to get Clowe at the deadline, or if he made some bold moves and grabbed Weber or some other big name to put on the blueline last year. Vigneault doesn't keep the entire team accountable, when we lose it is because our key guys are fucking up left and right while our depth and role players work their asses off and maybe contribute a mistake or two over the game.....which can be attributed to their limited minutes and not actually feeling like they are in the flow of the game.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

herb wrote: Blew the game with 3 defensive zone giveaways that ended up in the back of the net. Edler and Bieksa were particularly awful. Hansen handled the puck like a grenade.

PP is still too tentative. Kesler was open for the one time on multiple occasions, but instead the guys gently passed it around and Edler went for the weak wrist shot that was blocked easily.
It's a circus of fools in Vancouver right now when it comes to the PP, starts behind the bench. Edler shouldn't be on the ice as an option for the top unit. He can't handle the puck at the point under pressure, and he can't do shit with it when he's open unless it's a perfect pass. Garrison is a much better option, but Vigneault keeps him on the 2nd unit with minimal PP opportunity.....the occasional bump up to the 1st unit.....and it usually pays off, but for some reason Edler is back out there next PP or next game or whatever.

The Sedins can't make a quick decision on the PP. They want things too perfect and for some reason follow whatever hair-brained playbook Newby Brown has drawn up for the man-advantage. That is why Edler gets the puck and takes the lame shot or the one that misses or is blocked. It's why Kesler should be on the second unit with Derek Roy. I hope one game they try that with Garrison and Kesler out there on unit 2. That PP would be scary. We know they won't try it intentionally, coaching on this team doesn't seem to have the wherewithal to realize that having those two out there as options to hit for one-timers would keep a PK honest and give you weapons on both sides of the ice. At least some more players are going to the net now.....
herb wrote: Does anybody else absolutely LOVE when AV bumps Lapierre up in the lineup... :? Fuck me. Lapierre is effective as a 4th liner, but I almost want him off the team so that AV loses the option of moving him up, where is he badly exposed.
Vigneault is an idiot. Plays favorites. Always has. Likes his plumbers. Thinks it's a good thing to reward hard working blue collar players, even when they are in over their head drowning in the deep end with the big fish.
herb wrote: Maybe I am alone, but I would really like to see Kassian back with the Sedins. Hansen lacks finish, and is at his best when he is fast and aggressive, which he can't be with the twins because of their slow passing game. I really feel like we will be wishing the Sedins had some muscle on their line when the rough stuff starts in the real season. A confident Kassian would go a long way towards ending some of the BS the twins see from Chicago, LA, etc.
Vigneault is an idiot. He will put Kassian back with the Sedins in the playoffs. If it pays off he will take all the praise the media gives him for finding the right combinations and knowing where to put his players. If it fails he will blame the players and fall back on the need for players to be versatile and play in any situation with any linemates within the team's system. Of course nobody will call him out and ask why he expects that to work when he hasn't given said players a chance to gel in game situations and get comfortable playing with each other.

Vigneault is an idiot. Too many people in seem to think he's Scotty Bowman Jr.
Last edited by Meds on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:Yuck. Not the right team to lose to out of our remaining schedule. Had the opportunity to go 8 points up on the Wild today, which could drop to only 4 if the Wild beat Columbus.

Blew the game with 3 defensive zone giveaways that ended up in the back of the net. Edler and Bieksa were particularly awful. Hansen handled the puck like a grenade.

Does anybody else absolutely LOVE when AV bumps Lapierre up in the lineup... :? Fuck me. Lapierre is effective as a 4th liner, but I almost want him off the team so that AV loses the option of moving him up, where is he badly exposed.

Maybe I am alone, but I would really like to see Kassian back with the Sedins. Hansen lacks finish, and is at his best when he is fast and aggressive, which he can't be with the twins because of their slow passing game. I really feel like we will be wishing the Sedins had some muscle on their line when the rough stuff starts in the real season. A confident Kassian would go a long way towards ending some of the BS the twins see from Chicago, LA, etc.
Meh, hard to get (it) up for a middle of the road aged fat chick.. :D
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:Lame.

A few wins against some bottom feeder teams where the team looked better than they have in a long time. We had hope. Then we watched them mail it in against Colorado.

Someone PLEASE tell me why Garrison isn't on the 1st PP unit. This catering to Edler because he's been here for so long or because he's such a good guy, or because he has all the tools.....time to stop. Wins mean more than Edler's poor little ego. A chance to all but secure the division and they piss it away with stupid defensive zone gaffs.

Whoever was doing the post game, I think it was Garret and Shorty, called a spade a spade when they said that the Canucks could have played at 80% and won this game.....but they didn't even bring the 80% to the ice today.

This team, as it has played since January, is NOT a contender. I don't care if you think this is bed wetting. They simply are not in the running. They have yet to put together a string of good games against real teams. They walk all over Edmonton, Calgary, and Phoenix, but then can't keep it up against Colorado. The Sharks, Kings, Blues, and Blackhawks, are probably all hoping, or wishing they could, get Vancouver in the opening round. It would be a 5 game series and then time to rest up for round 2. Why do I say this? Because everyone of those teams will forecheck harder, faster, and smarter than any of the other teams Vancouver has faced in the last couple of weeks. I Colorado generated turnovers and jumped on stupid mistakes by our defense and forward, then you can just imagine how much worse it will be against teams that actually give a shit.

No I'm not pissing all over myself because they lost to the Avs. We have lost to them in regulation in almost 3 seasons, they were due. But they got this one because the Canucks just can't play consistent, responsible hockey. This is just one more reason why I am so convinced that Vigneault is done here. He has gone stale. They need a coach who will staple a player to the bench when he fucks up and has a game where his head just isn't in it. This coach staples a select few guys, who he clearly doesn't like, to the bench after just one mistake. He then goes and lets his favorites play 22+ minutes of mistake-laden hockey hoping they play their way out of it. Tonight at least there were multiple culprits that he could have benched, but the point stands.

There are 6 games left. They need to flip that mystical switch for, at the very least, the last 4 games. If they don't then Gillis wasted his time, a 2nd, and Connauton, when he acquired Derek Roy because they will all be golfing by May 15th. And I don't think it would have made a difference if he had managed to get Clowe at the deadline, or if he made some bold moves and grabbed Weber or some other big name to put on the blueline last year. Vigneault doesn't keep the entire team accountable, when we lose it is because our key guys are fucking up left and right while our depth and role players work their asses off and maybe contribute a mistake or two over the game.....which can be attributed to their limited minutes and not actually feeling like they are in the flow of the game.
Really?

You're putting that much energy into it?

:eh:

No injuries, I'm happy, it will be OK if we end up in front or behind Minnie.

Get your head in the (playoff) game kid :wink:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Arachnid wrote:Meh, hard to get (it) up for a middle of the road aged fat chick.. :D
Thing is, Colorado is a young fat chick.

Ewe...for some reason I just had a mental image of Shane O'Brien and a fat chick... :cry:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

herb wrote: for some reason I just had a mental image of Shane O'Brien and a fat chick... :cry:
Just don't touch yourself while you're crying