GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-P

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Ninth place Phoenix visits Vancouver tonight looking to pick up some points in the west.

Big news today - Kesler took the moring skate, but not expected to play. (I just heard that on TEAM)

Expect the same linup as against Calgary.
Phoenix road record is pretty poor, but should be a tougher test for the 'Nucks than Calgary
herb
CC Legend

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Post by herb »

Kesler skated this morning on a line with Raymond and Kassian...hmmmm. AV doesn't usually skate injured players with healthy players unless they are going to return.

Tanev did not skate, which is weird, because I thought he was immune to injury.

Heard Ballard did skate, but he'll probably be a healthy scratch anyway so who the hell cares.

Phoenix is a desperate team that has won three games in a row. The Canucks need to show up tonight.

Edit: CONFIRMED that Kesler is playing tonight! :D
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

herb wrote:
Wow!
I just heard that too...
AV says that they will play him limited minutes to get him back into shape.

Ballard will play, Tanev is out
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:Kesler skated this morning on a line with Raymond and Kassian...hmmmm. AV doesn't usually skate injured players with healthy players unless they are going to return.

Tanev did not skate, which is weird, because I thought he was immune to injury.

Heard Ballard did skate, but he'll probably be a healthy scratch anyway so who the hell cares.

Phoenix is a desperate team that has won three games in a row. The Canucks need to show up tonight.

Both Kesler and Ballard will play tonight. Tanev must be injured by McGratten's hit. At the least, Weise nailed him right back
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Kesler with Raymond and Kassian?

Anyone heard yet?

EDIT: Just announced

Sedins-Burr
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Blah blah blah....

And AV says Kesler isn't playing on PP/PK tonight.
Last edited by CFP! on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Nice (& strange) to be strong @ centre now, but that third D pairing could be an adventure.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Tanev is day to day with a leg injury. Doesn't sound serious. Tanev has quickly become an integral part of our defense, and his absence will be felt.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Kesler back = huge!! :thumbs:

Unfortunately any time we lose a RH defenseman it's going to be an issue. Hopefully Tanev needs a few maintenance days from some bumps and bruises and that's all.

Excited to see our forward lines now that Kesler is back!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Aaronp18 wrote:Kesler back = huge!! :thumbs:

Unfortunately any time we lose a RH defenseman it's going to be an issue. Hopefully Tanev needs a few maintenance days from some bumps and bruises and that's all.

Excited to see our forward lines now that Kesler is back!
Seriously, that is awesome, I hope he takes a few shifts with Roy too just to see the mix...(yes, it will no doubt be on the powerplay but a guy can ice-dream can't he?!).
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

herb wrote:Tanev is day to day with a leg injury. Doesn't sound serious. Tanev has quickly become an integral part of our defense, and his absence will be felt.
Tanev has been a real target for other teams the past month...he's taken a few good hits now. Obviously he's got the attention of the rest of the league
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Arachnid wrote: Seriously, that is awesome, I hope he takes a few shifts with Roy too just to see the mix...(yes, it will no doubt be on the powerplay but a guy can ice-dream can't he?!).
Veenyo said he won't be using him on special teams, but hopefully that means no PK time and not the PP.

We can definitely use his shot and net presence on the powerplay.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Vader's right, Tanev does get rocked from time to time and will need to change something up so he's not just absorbing all of those big hits because he's bound to get more than bumps and bruises if this continues.

Stoked to have Kesler back. Looks like a pretty damn sturdy lineup now. Fingers and toes are crossed that we are healthy from here on out.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

@strombone1:

You want anything special on the iPad tonight @BizNasty2point0 ? I saved you a seat

:lol:

Luo is fucking priceless.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:Vader's right, Tanev does get rocked from time to time and will need to change something up so he's not just absorbing all of those big hits because he's bound to get more than bumps and bruises if this continues.

Stoked to have Kesler back. Looks like a pretty damn sturdy lineup now. Fingers and toes are crossed that we are healthy from here on out.
Except for the D, Tanev plays big minutes...who the hell do we put back there? That Forward Ballard? :shock:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Good to see Kesler back. I like seeing him on the 3rd line as that is where he belongs. He is, IMO, second only to Datsuyk when it comes being a fore-checking, back-checking, defensively responsible center who can force turnovers and generate chances. He belongs on both special team units as well.

I would prefer to see Hansen on Kesler's RW instead of Kassian. I think Kassian lacks the defensive smarts and experience, at this point, but would really add to the offense on a line with Roy. He does think the offensive side of the game well and would create room for Roy. That being said, Kassian has shown decent smarts as a playmaker. He might be a good mix with Kesler as a guy that passes the puck and hits Kesler on the rush for shots. Who knows. I just know that Raymond-Kesler-Hansen would probably be the ultimate shutdown line out there right now.