GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mëds wrote:There is nothing in this game to be excited about.

After Kipper, Tanguay, Wideman, and Cammalleri, this is pretty much an AHL squad. And as has already been said, the a Canucks are playing at half speed and still managing to get into some cluster fucks. Calgary hasn't shown much get up and go since Iginla was traded. Their forecheck is laughable, their PK pressure is pathetic, their offense is minor league at best.

4-1 is nothing to write home about, especially when you consider that Edmonton beat them 8-2 the other night.
Well they had the Sharks (winners of six straight at the time) down 1-0 until the 3rd.

It's the NHL. Anyone can win at anytime.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Booth goes from scoring one empty netter in 11 games to a real Brent fucking Hull.
Maybe he's not Brett Hull but he does have 104 goals in 377 NHL games....Thats a 20-25 goal scorer in my books.
Injuries have really cut him down this year and even you have to see this my friend
Oh he sees it, he just won't admit it. :)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:Its like they are going out of their way to praise Calgary no matter what they do. I mean ya they did have some pretty good shifts and ya we got into a few cluster fucks out there. But what is it with this gush of puppy love.
Meh HNIC is for a Toronto audience anyway... Not surprised...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: Oh he sees it, he just won't admit it. :)
what's with the gay love for Booth?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Oh he sees it, he just won't admit it. :)
what's with the gay love for Booth?
Why the hate? You got a "thing" for him?
http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/index.ph ... tendencies
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Why the hate?
It's the whole jesus love. Can't stand that shite.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Kassian really does look out of position so many times in the D zone. I like the rest of his game but its like he just waits for someone else to retrieve the puck if it doesn't come right to him and then he gets lost.

I guess with the team not getting a lot of PP the Sedins are getting some PK time. Kinda funny to see them out their on the PK with 40 seconds to go. Usually you will see Hank with maybe a dozen seconds. I remember them being pretty good on the PK when they first broke into the league.

Did the twins make Calgary look bad or what? Was it 4 shits of over 1 minute where they played in the Calgary zone and that big one 1:45 seconds with 5 shots on goal in that one shift. Crazy. Too bad when they play NHL teams that can't sustain that type of pressure.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:Kassian really does look out of position so many times in the D zone. I like the rest of his game but its like he just waits for someone else to retrieve the puck if it doesn't come right to him and then he gets lost.

I guess with the team not getting a lot of PP the Sedins are getting some PK time. Kinda funny to see them out their on the PK with 40 seconds to go. Usually you will see Hank with maybe a dozen seconds. I remember them being pretty good on the PK when they first broke into the league.

Did the twins make Calgary look bad or what? Was it 4 shits of over 1 minute where they played in the Calgary zone and that big one 1:45 seconds with 5 shots on goal in that one shift. Crazy. Too bad when they play NHL teams that can't sustain that type of pressure.
Heh, you said 'shits' :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

4 'shits' over 1 minute and that big one over 1:45

heh heh heh :lol:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

While I agree the twins had some good offensive shi(f)ts, the whole team was brutal with giveaways the entire game from the Flamers pressure. If it weren't for Schneids it would have been quite embarrassing.

The difference between the teams is the Nux just know how to win, even if they play poorly against bottom-feeders. Won't be so lucky against better teams.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hank wrote:While I agree the twins had some good offensive shi(f)ts, the whole team was brutal with giveaways the entire game from the Flamers pressure. If it weren't for Schneids it would have been quite embarrassing.

The difference between the teams is the Nux just know how to win, even if they play poorly against bottom-feeders. Won't be so lucky against better teams.
Agree .. and AV would not have the luxury of giving the Sedins "practice" on the PK.. Calgary looked like the better team for most of the night.. Full credit to Schneider for the win ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

YA, those long minuets on the ice by the twins gave Calgary the shits. So what. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote:YA, those long minuets on the ice by the twins gave Calgary the shits. So what. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Calgary was all over us? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ya...maybe the Canucks dressing room floor. It was almost a blowout without Vancouver even trying. People need to stop believing Kelly Frickin Hrudey and his Pro-Cowgrease propaganda
If you need air...call it in