GDT - Coilers @ canucks, 7pm - SN-Pac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT - Coilers @ canucks, 7pm - SN-Pac

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:The Oilers could be a dangerous team in the playoffs if they make it, they starting to realize how good they can be.

Oooooh, "could be". That's really f***** deep. The Oilers "could be" in the lottery again. They are THAT good.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dhabums wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The Oilers could be a dangerous team in the playoffs if they make it, they starting to realize how good they can be.

Oooooh, "could be". That's really f***** deep. The Oilers "could be" in the lottery again. They are THAT good.
I win

dhabums responded to an antagonistic post with vitriol.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
dhabums wrote:

I win

dhabums responded to an antagonistic post with vitriol.
If anyone else had made that "antagonistic post" he wouldn't have cared. People around here just really don't like you at all.

So your goal to be the ultimate troll is paying off in spades.

As an aside, I loved Edler's turnover right at the hash marks to the left of Schneider. Great pass. What a steal he will be at $5M next year.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Mëds wrote:
As an aside, I loved Edler's turnover right at the hash marks to the left of Schneider. Great pass. What a steal he will be at $5M next year.
Good thing we got rid of Edlers training wheels.... (aka Sami Salo)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

You want to stand in front of Jason Garrison... he'll break your foot off. And then Bieksa finishes it off. Finally a bounce on the PP.

Roy's got his legs tonight.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
If anyone else had made that "antagonistic post" he wouldn't have cared. People around here just really don't like you at all.

So your goal to be the ultimate troll is paying off in spades.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...straight to the heart...ouch!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:You want to stand in front of Jason Garrison... he'll break your foot off. And then Bieksa finishes it off. Finally a bounce on the PP.

Roy's got his legs tonight.
Yeah, Garrison is a PP threat no matter what. He either hits gets the shot through and creates a scoring chance, or he drops a defender and makes it a 5-on-3 (or 2 as in this case).
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What's the deal with Hansen and where did he learn to stick handle in a phone booth? He went from Steve 'Hot Potato' Bernier to a Sedin overnight.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Kassian is looking good tonight. If they could somehow get the kid off the O'Brien Roxy liquor he may just turn into something worth while.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

For the record, I like the Dude.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote:For the record, I like the Dude.
I don't understand him or understand how he can post at all times of the day, is he 2 or more people?

All kidding aside he does have some good points but he is a little crazy :crazy: .
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote:For the record, I like the Dude.
Ya...I have to give him a thumb up. He's annoying as all hell but a character. He kept this place alive all fall
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Sedins seem to be having trouble reading their near side dman when he pinches in for a pass.....They have played the pass up the boards behind him on several occasions now tonight.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Vigneault is a moron. Edler back on the first PP unit. Juice and Garrison got it done with the Sedins last time, but no, go back to puck bobbling, turnover king.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mëds wrote:The Sedins seem to be having trouble reading their near side dman when he pinches in for a pass.....They have played the pass up the boards behind him on several occasions now tonight.
Too fancy. The jig is up on them. Let them sit there on the PP. They want you to make the first move, so they can backdoor it or out-number you. They really need a new look.

Stay in the lane. When Hank starts letting them rip, or attacking the slot with the puck... that's when they will need to adjust and we might see more success. As long as he sits along the wall doing nothing but stick handling, and everyone else is static, the PP will be junk.