GDT - Apr 1 - Van @ SJS - 7:30 - SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT - Apr 1 - Van @ SJS - 7:30 - SNET

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:
dhabums wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Wow, is this ever boring.
Feels a little 2007ish.
And seemingly, Gillis has brought us back there.
Yep it does - difference being 4 of their top 9 and 5 of their top 12 forwards are out tonight. It's painful to watch but will improve.

Gillis will bring in somebody, hopefully a guy who can win a damn faceoff.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:
dhabums wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Wow, is this ever boring.
Feels a little 2007ish.
And seemingly, Gillis has brought us back there.
Nope. Injuries have.

I'm wondering why Michael Handzus makes sense to Chicago for a 4th rounder (or Halpern to Montreal for nothing for that matter), and not to the Canucks? This is a trade (or claim) Gillis should have made a month ago. Our 4th would be better than Chicago's. These are both teams that are better than Vancouver.

I get that Gillis doesn't want to panic and make a bad move. A 4th round pick won't break the bank. And this team is quite pathetic right now...
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Benjo wrote:Jensen sucks! Even Kassian can score with the Sedins!

(am I doing it right?)

Yes you are.......and don't forget Hamhuis , Garrison and Tanev all suck as well. They were brought in by Gillis.

cjc it's only bed wetting when you beat the same dead horse a couple thousand times. The team needs a shakeup for sure.....most of us realize they need more than a tweak, we just don't feel the need to tell everyone over and over in every single thread like the urine crew.
Unfortunately there are some people who respond to any criticism of the team with the label "bed-wetter" and "band-wagoner" and you don't have to be someone who beats a dead horse to be included.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

So, I just woke up.

Apparently the Canucks haven't.

:(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

cjc wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Benjo wrote:Jensen sucks! Even Kassian can score with the Sedins!

(am I doing it right?)

Yes you are.......and don't forget Hamhuis , Garrison and Tanev all suck as well. They were brought in by Gillis.

cjc it's only bed wetting when you beat the same dead horse a couple thousand times. The team needs a shakeup for sure.....most of us realize they need more than a tweak, we just don't feel the need to tell everyone over and over in every single thread like the urine crew.
Unfortunately there are some people who respond to any criticism of the team with the label "bed-wetter" and "band-wagoner" and you don't have to be someone who beats a dead horse to be included.
Not sure what to say to that.... really only a handful of people on this board who soak the sheets regularly. Maybe Cornuck can hook them up with some pull-ups.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Not sure what to say to that.... really only a handful of people on this board who soak the sheets regularly. Maybe Cornuck can hook them up with some pull-ups.
Well the bed-wetters might be getting their wet dreams for Easter. Cocolate in the sheets.

This team shits beds right now. I was at the Edmonton game (along with several thousand other Canuck fans) and the effort put out by our boys very much resembled runny ass juice.

The Canucks (and their fans) could use some:

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Can Dr Higgins's good example teach the Doolittles of the team to become presentable in time for the Big Dance?
Any bets?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Per wrote:Can Dr Higgins's good example teach the Doolittles of the team to become presentable in time for the Big Dance?
Any bets?
Yes, he can! 8-)

We're back in the game.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Per wrote:So, I just woke up.

Apparently the Canucks haven't.

:(
Jannik is on European time too...

he's awake now.
2nd line production again
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Nah.

Too little too late.

Time to finish the cup o' java and head to work.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm on to giving Blob's bed the golden shower now cause my bed floated away in a pool of piss.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Not sure what to say to that.... really only a handful of people on this board who soak the sheets regularly. Maybe Cornuck can hook them up with some pull-ups.
I would say that bed wetting requires losing your shit over every loss and blaming multiple things, and contradicting yourself.

I'm sure you lump me in with those people. But really I don't see how it's bed wetting to call a spade a spade. Bed wetting is saying blow the team up and dump the core.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks have 16 goals in 10 games. We desperately need David 'the red sea' Booth back along with his 1 empty net goal in 11 games.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Here's the difference between the two teams tonight. The Sharks GM knows his team is not a cup contender and so he is trimming the fat, ie Handzus, Murray with apparently more trimming to come. Like the Sharks, we the Canucks are not a cup contender yet Mike Gillis has no clue if he should be a buyer or a seller. Keep on fence sitting Mikey. Keep on keepin on.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

RoyalDude wrote:Here's the difference between the two teams tonight. The Sharks GM knows his team is not a cup contender and so he is trimming the fat, ie Handzus, Murray with apparently more trimming to come. Like the Sharks, we the Canucks are not a cup contender yet Mike Gillis has no clue if he should be a buyer or a seller. Keep on fence sitting Mikey. Keep on keepin on.

Dont point out a problem unless you have a decent solution dude.

GMMG aint gonna sell the farm even with the Sedins in a mediocre fall to grace. Look at he injuries, look at the lockerrom, looks at the goalie controversy. Anyways, If there is an older more experienced team that has done jackshit more than the Canucks - it's the Sharks. And ever team in the league can say that.