GDT - Mar 23 Van @ LA 1:00 PST SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - Mar 23 Van @ LA 1:00 PST SNET

Post by Per »

OK, something's wrong... Henrik Sedin has the opportunity to make a pass, but takes the shot! :o
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

It's a win.

Considering all the injuries and everything, I have to say this was an impressive effort by the Canucks.

Well done! :drink:
Last edited by Per on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

PLUGGERS!

I love it! :mrgreen:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

A good lunch bucket win.

Nothing fancy kept it simple.

Schroeder is really doing well, some good passing and a couple key faceoff wins.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:It's a win.

Considering all the injuries and everything, I have to say this eas an impressive effort by the Canucks.
Well done!
It was fugly as all hell but it's a road win.....credit the coach! :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Amazing what a 3 game winning streak can do. Defence looked good with Edler out. OK, Alberts sucked.

Great win. LEts go into Colorado and make it a sweep of a road trip.
The only HW the Canucks need
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

I also thought Alberts had a tough game. Bad giveaways in our own zone and missed assignments. Then I watch Gary Valk talking about how he loves the guy and he's so tough to play against.

???????? Were we watching the same game?

Whatever. A win's a win. We just need to get moving again. I think the Sedins are having a tough time too. Their radar seems a bit off. Need to tweak the echo location because Sedinery isn't really happening. Wonder if they're trying too hard.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Arachnid wrote:
Per wrote:It's a win.

Considering all the injuries and everything, I have to say this eas an impressive effort by the Canucks.
Well done!
It was fugly as all hell but it's a road win.....credit the coach! :D
Yup. This was more chess than hockey. The best coach won.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Won the game down 1/3 of our roster. Hard to complain about that. I was actually impressed with the effort and composure of the group. An honest to goodness full 60 minute effort. :D

Winning despite the Sedins and despite the power play is actually pretty impressive. Schneider had to be good, but not spectacular.

Overall, it was an excellent effort. Very few mistakes were made, and when they were, the boys were able to either recover or Schneider bailed them out.

Honestly, I think Ballard should be put back as a forward for tomorrow's game.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Didn't know it was an early game, I assumed it was on HNIC tonight. Sounded like a hard work win and Schneider is rounding into form.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Grinding out the wins is fine but I see some disquieting things. Garrison still seems to be uncomfortable here. He's got a great shot but it rarely seems to be on net and his skating is suspect. Not an equal replacement for Salo who was such a threat on the PP. Kassian seems to have sunk back into the "prospect" category. Even before the back injury he was beginning to fade. Do love Shroeder though and hope his confidence keeps growing. Alberts could be a huge liability and haven't seen enough of Cam Barker to know if he can settle his play here. Hope he draws in tomorrow over Alberts.

Both Sedins seem a tad off and Hamhuis has been pretty spotty, making some great plays and then some bad ones. His consistency has dropped off. Bieksa needs to get back to form. Still struggling after the injury. As for Edler.....he has seriously dropped off from the beginning of the year when I thought he'd be a monster. Just hoping all this clicks when it comes time for playoffs because the Western Conference is looking deadly. Wonder if Tampa needs a goalie for Marty St. Louis.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Per wrote:Believe it or not, this game is broadcast live on a channel that I have - TV10! 8-)
So I guess this was planned long ago as a superb matchup between Team Nordic (aka Canucks) vs the defending Stanley cup champs, :D but it turned out to be a grind-out game by team casualy vs the team that coudn't score. :hmmm:

Anyways, another win.
I wonder if Schneids has now finally got the goal full-time? (except back-to-back games)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Per wrote:Believe it or not, this game is broadcast live on a channel that I have - TV10! 8-)
So I guess this was planned long ago as a superb matchup between Team Nordic (aka Canucks) vs the defending Stanley cup champs, :D but it turned out to be a grind-out game by team casualy vs the team that coudn't score.
Nah, they tend to show a game every week, but it's rare that it's a Canuck game. The same broadcasting company has a sports channel and ppv options, so these once a week games is of course meant as a teaser to get you to buy the whole package. I don't think i's worth it though since most Canuck games start around 3 am Swedish time and that doesn't blend well with having a job to go to. And I think the Canucks have fierce competition as "Team Nordic" from eg Detroit (Zetterberg, Franzén, Ericsson, Andersson, Samuelsson) and Ottawa (Alfredsson, Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Karlsson, Lehner).
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boi RD, has Raymond's play silenced all his critics around here or what! Tantalum is nowhere to be found. Sssshhhhhh, ya can hear a pin drop. But really, would it kill any of ya to toss a few nice compliments his way? I know y'all Cantsandz him and are mighty pissed that he is outshining your boi Booth, but come on!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I actually like Raymond but for myself I really only criticized the guy because you liked him. For others maybe they didn't like him or they got irritated that you carved guys like Kassian, Booth, Gillis,Higgins, Garrison, etc for really no reason at all.

It will be interesting to see which two of the four tweener wingers Gillis moves forward with. If you base it on this years play you stick with Raymond and Hansen and try to get them to sign extensions in the 3 million per range. If you base it one the last three seasons the team may prefer Higgins over Raymond. You can't keep them all and Booth already has one foot out the door atm and another on a bannana peel. Not really his fault however as he has had three serious injuries in two seasons.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”