GDT - Canucks vs. Predators (Mar 14/2013)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: GDT - Canucks vs. Predators (Mar 14/2013)

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Royaldude thought it was pretty funny. :lol: Yes, I know booth is not a catholic, but jesus, christian, mary, protestant, pope, catholic is all the same mumbo jumbo to me. :lol:

Boy, some doods are just too uptight here. Lighten up. :P

Strangelove wrote:Now let me get this straight.

You knew Boothy was not a Catholic yet you still "thought" this was funny:

"Maybe with the new pope in, God will help Booth score more."

:hmmm:

Todd, you're a lot funnier when you're not trying to be. :thumbs:
RoyalDude wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers: :rockin: :wave: :towel: :mrgreen: :shock:

Awesome

But I believe that Booth is a holy rollin', bible thumpin', Merican, Bill Graham, Harold Camping, Republican, Rapture McChristian and not a Catholic.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Royaldude thought it was pretty funny. :lol:
Wake up Todd, no one is laughing with you. :stupid:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Yes, I know booth is not a catholic, but jesus, christian, mary, protestant, pope, catholic is all the same mumbo jumbo to me. :lol:

Oh I get it: Hillbilly humour!

Ummm we don't do that here..... Todd. :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Is it the Dude or Italy?
Yes.
The Dude I get, but the home of Pizza, Ferrari, Ducati, Italian shoes, calzone, mozzarella,
Mortadella, prosciutto, and 4 World Cups ??
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

You just don't get it do you UK? :twisted:

And wtf is a World Cup??
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
Henrik has only had two shootouts attempts, both easily stopped.

He got lucky last night.
Third time's a charm, eh? :drink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

ukcanuck wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I thought a grind/bang em up line of Setito-Pinozz-Weise would of been interesting to watch. Like 2 guys with italian blood there
Dale Weise is of German decent.

Steve Pinizzotto's mom is German, though his father is suspected to be Italian.

Tom Sestito... well I choose to believe Tom Sestito is not full-blooded Italian. :drink:
Is it the Dude or Italy?
Why can you not believe he is a Guinea? A paisano? A worker on pavement or wop as they were known. He looks dumb enough to qualify.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:You just don't get it do you UK? :twisted:

And wtf is a World Cup??
No but that's ok, it's not the first time :D

But I do see your point about the world cup thing..
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: And wtf is a World Cup??
Something Canada's men's team will never know.

:wink:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

:P
Strangelove wrote:Wake up Todd, no one is laughing with you. :stupid:

Sorry if u are catholic or religious man. Didn't mean to put down your beliefs. :(

Oh I get it: Hillbilly humour!

Ummm we don't do that here..... Todd. :hmmm:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:

And wtf is a World Cup??
It's a tough one to explain to hillbillies.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote: And wtf is a World Cup??
Something Canada's men's team will never know.

:wink:
The World Cup of Hockey was last won by.....Canada. :)

The Canadian mens team qualified for the FIFA World Cup only in 1996, but does have the same number of FIFA World Cup championships as.....Sweden.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

damonberryman wrote:A worker on pavement or wop as they were known.
A misconception
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wop
Wop
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wop is a pejorative racial slur used primarily, but not exclusively, to refer to people from Italy. It is also used to slur Italian-Americans, and it is similar to the word 'Wog', used in Australia.

It originated between 1910 and 1915 in the United States. One theory is that it stands for "without papers" (abbreviated WOP). According to Merriam-Webster its first known use was in 1908. The commonly accepted etymology is that it originates from a southern Italian dialect term guappo, meaning swagger, derived from the Spanish term guapo, via dialectical French, meaning ruffian or pimp. This also has roots in the Latin vappa, meaning wine gone flat. This theory holds that the term was brought to the U.S. by early Southern Italian immigrants from the region of Campania, who named those suspected to belonging to the Guapparia "Guappi", in a similar fashion Sicilian people used the term "Mafiosi". Widely used in Chicago where most immigrants from Campania settled, it was confused by non-Italian people to indicate Southern Italians in general, like the word "paesano".

As an aside, when I've been caught "without papers" the car lighter or a beer can have come in handy :mex:
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

sagebrush wrote:
The Canadian mens team qualified for the FIFA World Cup only in 1996, but does have the same number of FIFA World Cup championships as.....Sweden.
True, but Sweden has qualified to play in 12 of the 19 tournaments that have been held and has reached the semifinals four times (compared to just once for England) resulting in one silver (1958), two bronzes (1950, 1994) and one fourth place (1938).

There are actually only eight nations that have ever won the World Cup. :?
Brazil x5, Italy x4, Germany x3, Argentina x2, Uruguay x2, England, France and Spain.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Per wrote:
sagebrush wrote:
True, but Sweden has qualified to play in 12 of the 19 tournaments that have been held and has reached the semifinals four times (compared to just once for England) resulting in one silver (1958), two bronzes (1950, 1994) and one fourth place (1938).

There are actually only eight nations that have ever won the World Cup. :?
Brazil x5, Italy x4, Germany x3, Argentina x2, Uruguay x2, England, France and Spain.
The Canadian Men's team qualified for the Word Cup in 1986 not 1996 (there was no WC in 1996)... back when Bob Lenarduzzi was still playing. The team failed not only to win a game but also score a goal! I'm pretty sure we share that dubious honour with China.

It's embarrassing how bad our men's program is. I keep hearing stats about how more kids in Canada play soccer than hockey and yet there is no real development in place. I understand that we'll probably never win the World Cup but repeatedly failing to qualify out of arguably the easiest grouping in the world is pretty pathetic and an indictment on Canada Soccer Association.

Per, out of curiosity which is bigger in Sweden today, soccer or hockey? You seem to have had pretty big stars and success in both sports.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Mëds wrote:
Kassian has been reminding me of a young Bertuzzi out there lately, I mean the Bert that showed flashes of what he could do in his first few seasons in Vancouver. Kassian plays harder in his own end though..... :P
I've been thinking the same thing the last few games, Mëds. He reminds me a lot of Bertuzzi during his first season here (the one where he broke his leg I believe). My first impression was that we'd be lucky if this guy turned into a solid 2nd line winger, but I've got a feeling the kid's got potential to be a 30-40 goal plus first line winger. I'm not sure whether he'll ever reach Bertuzzi levels but I think there's a chance he'll become one of the dominant power forwards in the league.