GDT - Canucks go Wild in MinneSnowta. 5pm -Snet-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - Canucks go Wild in MinneSnowta. 5pm -Snet-P

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Pacific Blue i never said he was a shitty coach but the fucking team has gone stale. He giggles like a fat prick like something is amusing while the whole world is blowing up aroound him. He pukes away points in the shootout, never practices it and treats the PP like it is fuck all. Newell Brown should have never been allowed to come back this season but there he is with his wrinkled ugly face dictating the PP scheme. Bowness should hve been guillotined years ago.

The team has quit on AV and yes they need some changes but it has to start with the coach. I'd bet my left nut Marc Crawford would have won a cup if he had Luongo or Schneider as a goalie instead of Cloutier.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:All right Dude where do I sign up? This team is falling fast. MG needs to make some bold moves. We just are not good enough, even if Kesler was back.
I agree about Kesler. He's the guy I'm trading, it's the so-called bold move this team needs to make. MG has rode the coattails of the core group that was put in place by previous MGMT for too long, the group is stale. The coach is not the problem. When you talk about the importance of what good young players coming up through the system can do to a team take a look at the Wilds Coyle and Brodin and what they provide. We need some of that.

Kesler has a fucking NTC....................oh and he's hurt. Please keep up.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Newell Brown
:wink:

Patience people! Sure it all looks like the world is ending but in reality this slump isn't exactly indicative of the teams capabilities.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Kesler has a fucking NTC....................oh and he's hurt. Please keep up.
I ain't talking while he's injured, and since when has a NTC been non-negotiable when it comes to GM's asking said players with NTC's to be a little flexible?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Brick Tamland wrote:There's somethig to be said for facing adversity, which outside of the playoffs this team hasn't done in a few years.

Maybe this stretch of ass will help them in the long run....
The voice of reason!
If you need air...call it in
Brick Tamland
CC Veteran

Post by Brick Tamland »

Mondi wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:There's somethig to be said for facing adversity, which outside of the playoffs this team hasn't done in a few years.

Maybe this stretch of ass will help them in the long run....
The voice of reason!
There is no long run. This team needs 15 to 18 more wins to make the playoffs this season.
If they lose this game the Canucks need to finish with 1 more point than the rest of the NW division the rest of the way. Maybe that's 15 wins, maybe it's 10.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Not Cory's fault.....it went off him and in, but he could have had it.
Curious if you'd cut Lou the same slack if it was him instead of Cory?
Yes, I would, and I did. I was death on his weak goals, but when the team shit the bed in front of him and hung him out to dry like that, I always gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn't fault him.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

^^^^^^^^^^ And what a great season it will be... line the wops pockets and get into the 2nd round as 3rd seed and get murdered by the Hawks or Kings when it matters.

Jst because they play in a shitbag div. doesn't mean winning it is any sort of accomplishment especially since nobody other than the division winner ever makes the playoffs.

This might be the year to see the team just lose their guaranteed playoff berth and get a good draft pick. Fire the fat frog and his clown show,,,, give the boot to the UFA crowd and start fresh.

As an asside I want the team to win, but I feel there is no way they can win a cup with AV. Time to kick his ass out of here and for the record I have been fairly patient with the coach. Then again Eye Bags would actually have awaken from his coma so AV will likely be here another 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

In the third period down 3 - 1 and by the ~15 - 16 minute mark they had a total of 3 shots. 1 did go in but where was the depth or energy to tie the game back up.

The PP - if the coach who is managing that here tomorrow then it tells you MG will be doing nothing this season to right this ship. He is loyal to a fault and AV is to freaking stubborn to try anything.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Plenty of blame to go around here. The derelict GM that's too busy and arrogant to answer a straight question or to actually acquire maye a 2nd or even a 3rd line centre for a team when he has a piece of glass as the current 2nd line centre. Or maybe the fat fuck of a french frog that giggles during shootouts and losses.... leaves his goalie in for 8 goals and doesn't have the balls to pull said goalie when he is getting lit up in a playoff game. Still think AV may have lost the team when the words " don't even fucking think about pulling me " were uttered by Luongo. Way to take control coach.

Blind leading the blind and as some have assumed in the past AV is clearly the guy in charge of management. Gillis is a puppet. :|
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

I'm not sure what has to happen - except trading for a goddammed center for fuck's sake - the thing I'm alarmed about is the team eating outshot and out chanced game after game. That doesn't happen to elite teams going through bad stretches, that happens to mediocre and bad teams.

Something need to happen to light a fire under their asses, whether that's a trade, coach firing, tough love or just a plain old tearing the paint of the walls rant by the coach or GM I'm not sure, but something needs to happen to get this ship righted and fast. There's only 20ish games left this season.

But first - Gillis needs to get another center, I don't care what it takes it's needed. Higgins, Raymond, Burr all suck in the middle - get somebody who can play there. Now.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I can't tell if that's a dribble of pee or the desire to can the coach...
I can't see how MG can splain away a missed playoff (all of sudden pretty likely) or an early exit getting smoked by one of pretty much any western team they face...

something has got to give.
A trade, a firing or both...there just better not be another last minute fourth line juggle on trade deadline day or maybe maybe its Gillis And AV who get their walking dead papers....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ukcanuck wrote: A trade, a firing or both...there just better not be another last minute fourth line juggle on trade deadline day or maybe maybe its Gillis And AV who get their walking dead papers....

I used to think Gillis had the pulse of this team. They have stunk to high hell and won with smoke and fucking mirrors since the Boston game. The dude is asleep at the wheel . Someone wake his ass up and feed him an 8 ball because this is awful to watch. Not to say the urine crew was onto anything but this team is more stale and moldy than a hookers crotch in the east end.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote: I disagree Blob, AV is a good coach, it's the team put in place by Gillis for AV to coach that ain't cutting the mustard. Outside of the Sedins, Burrows, Raymond, Hansen, Higgins, Kassian the rest of the forwards can all fucking go IMO. Schroeder needs to go back to Chicago.

His inability to trade a goalie, the bad drafting over the last 5 years, getting overpaid players from teams with a tradition of losing - Ballard and Booth, and Gillis lack of balls to make a bold move is killing this team
First off, Gillis started out here giving Vigneault exactly what AV asked for. That seemed to stop after AV said he needed a solid shutdown center on the 3rd line to win in the playoffs. We got Pahlsson. We were done in 5 games.....and Vigneault admitted he was unprepared without Daniel.

So the GM gives the coach what he says he needs, the coach gets out coached, and then continues to prove himself inept the following season......and this is the GM's fault how?
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The power play was excellent at killing momentum.

I had hoped we at least had enough resources to load up a good first unit power play.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.