GDT: Mar 7 - Canucks in Ohio for BJ on SPAC - 4 PM

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Mar 7 - Canucks in Ohio for BJ on SPAC - 4 PM

Post by rats19 »

We are playing some pretty disorganized horrible hockey. Surely this is being noticed by someone .......other than the fans .
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

We can only blame this loss on one thing. Ballard. AV needs to continue to bench him. AV needs to increase Edler's time on the ice. He's clearly our stud d-man.

Yikes - AV's go-to cards are crumbling...
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, I think we really need a centre right now. I agree, MayRay is not a centre, he should not be there; I think they're better off with Higgins down the middle cuz I think he played some C in college and with some other NHL teams. I think Lap-Dawg is being overused and he's getting exposed a bit as he's not used to being the guy to take all the key faceoffs. As common with a lot of young players that are close to making the NHL, Schroeder had a lot of spark in his few NHL games and played really well with MayRay and Hansen, but he has come back down to earth a bit. He's too inexperienced and if he's going to be stuck on the 4th line here, he's probably better off being sent back to the farm. I think I'd go with Ebbett > Schroeds right now for our 4th line. The canucks seem to want to bring Pinnozotto up soon as they were willing to waive Volpatti to make room for him, but the guy has like zero NHL experience. I guess we'll see soon what this guy can do, but can we afford to wait on him and take a chance on him? And if he can't do it or gets injured again, then what?
Mondi wrote:A fourth line that contains Schoeder, Sestito and Weise doesn't belong in the NHL.

Nor does a 2nd line featuring Mason Raymond as a centre.

I dunno if we need a major shakeup, but picking up a true centre would really help right now. Weiss would be nice, but not sure what they want and his salary is problematic. Even a rental guy would be nice right, hell give me back kyle wellwood till Kes is healthy again, then we can just put Welly on waivers or make him a healthy scratch.

Boy, last season we looked so good down the middle 1)Hank 2a)Kes 2b)Coho 3a)Manny 3b)Lap-Dawg. With 1 of them injured, 2 of them moved out and no centres coming back, it looks like shit now and we're really hurtin. :cry:

Mëds wrote:Valk just nailed it.

Team needs a shakeup. 8 regulation wins in 23 games. Not good enough.

Trade Edler and fire Vigneault!
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Listercat wrote: While Edler has not played up to his capabilities, those who blame him for the winning goal need to view the replay. Hank had the goal scorer at centre, let him get away and then proceeded to back in and allow him to walk off the boards unchecked into the slot.
Shhhh. He's playing fantastic hockey.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Yep they suck. The way these guys are playing the don't deserve to make the playoos. My cousin from Calgary is really sticking it to me and there is nothing I can say. This sucks.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Canuck-One wrote:Yep they suck. The way these guys are playing the don't deserve to make the playoos. My cousin from Calgary is really sticking it to me and there is nothing I can say. This sucks.
Really?

There's nothing you can say to Flames fans right now?

:roll:

Ok then.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Bersnoozi said:
Boy, last season we looked so good down the middle 1)Hank 2a)Kes 2b)Coho 3a)Manny 3b)Lap-Dawg. With 1 of them injured, 2 of them moved out and no centres coming back, it looks like shit now and we're really hurtin.

Plus Pahlson.. :( Schroeder isn't cutting it now.. Maybe Ebbets would be a slight upgrade? And maybe we should quit blaming AV ? he isn't the guy responsible for personnel on the team.. Time for Gillis to get off his butt and do a deal ?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

At least they aren't peaking too early :thumbs:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mondi wrote:A fourth line that contains Schoeder, Sestito and Weise doesn't belong in the NHL.

Really ???

Who are you blaming next ? Shorthouse ? Tomlinsen ?

Jesus H
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Who are you blaming next ?

Jesus H
Must be him.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Who are you blaming next ?

Jesus H
Must be him.
Or Allah
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Listercat wrote:Horrible game. Team looks like they have little interest.

While Edler has not played up to his capabilities, those who blame him for the winning goal need to view the replay. Hank had the goal scorer at centre, let him get away and then proceeded to back in and allow him to walk off the boards unchecked into the slot.
Edler has been brutal for probably 65-70% of this season. Fuck ups at both bluelines with the puck and missing assignments and taking stupid penalties.

That being said, the winning goal tonight was not his fault alone.

Hank has had his moments, and tonight's winner was probably the most glaringly obvious brain fart of them all.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
I dunno if we need a major shakeup, but picking up a true centre would really help right now. Weiss would be nice, but not sure what they want and his salary is problematic. Even a rental guy would be nice right, hell give me back kyle wellwood till Kes is healthy again, then we can just put Welly on waivers or make him a healthy scratch.
You mean Florida's Stephen Weiss who will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing wrist surgery?

Yeah.....it's his salary that's the problem.....

And we are sending who to the Jets for Wellwood as a rental?

Do your fucking homework Snoozi.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Mondi wrote: Are you thick bro? That's an indictment of GMMG. Dressing a nonsense lineup that includes six fowards who are almost no threat to score whatsoever: Booth, Kasian, Raymond, Weise, Sestito and Lapierre.

And six other forwards who aren't exactly tearing it up. Sedins are it for offensive flair, that's for sure.
Did you watch the game? Outside of a few shifts the Sedins were pretty mediocre tonight.

Booth and Kassian went hard and were very unlucky to not have a point or two in this one......despite having to drag Lapanchorierre around the ice.

Raymond is having a really good season, especially for a guy thrown into the center spot after having never played that position before. His line has been buzzing of late.

Schroeder is no good to us on the 4th line. Lap is no good with Kassian and Booth.....maybe AV should switch those two and get Lap back on the 4th where he belongs.

Weise and Sestito are serviceable as 4th liners.

As piss poor as 3/4s our offense was tonight, the problem on this team of late is behind the bench and on the blueline. Injuries haven't helped us of late, but if you think that the return of one Ryan Kesler is going to right this ship you are fucking dreaming. We lost 5 of 7 with him back and he's a guy that needs to start realizing that he's not a one man line out there.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Tiger wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:What a crap game, if this does not send a wake up call to the brains in the org nothing will.
Uh huh.. the "brains" that made Edler the highest paid Dman on the team or the "brains" that signed Ballard ?
Ballard was a decent defenceman until he had the concussion, having suffered from a concussion myself, the effects last for quite some time.
He's looked better this year
okcanuck wrote:This was a new low. We're talking Columbus for fucks sake not the Shithawks or the Wings. For Christs sake Gillis do something, quit walking around with your finger up your ass.
Gillis has decided to wait it out rather than accept a crappy offer.
Supposedly he was offered Bozak straight up for Luongo - and he declined.

If Kes hadn't broken his foot then we wouldn't be in this predicament.