GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I thought Barker made a nice debut tonite for the Nucks. Boy, he really seems like Wellwood's big bro out there, in appearance and mannerisms. *LOL* Barker really seems casual back there and it seems like he's taking it easy, like zero intensity. It looks like either he doesn't care or maybe he's super talented and he has nerves of steel with no panic to his game. :lol: He does seems to have some offensive instincts as he snapped the puck towards the net a couple times that lead to a couple rebounds (think he got an assist on 1), hopefully he'll find his game and become that player that made him a #3 overall pick. I noticed he was playing the right side with Edler a lot too, maybe that's why he played ahead of ballard cuz he's comfortable in that position.

A funny clip I found with Versteeg talking about his roommate Cam Barker. :lol:

okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Referee Kelly Sutherland cost us this game. There is a history between AV and Sutherland that goes back to the finals in 2011, he was the one watching Marchand punching Daniel in the head ,with no call. I've said it before on this board and I'll say it again, Sutherland is by far the worst ref in the NHL, shit he was terrible in the WHL.

I believe AV when he says he said nothing derogatory towards this poor excuse for a referee.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

the disruption of routine and travel plans...Can be an upsetting factor for these guys.....but still it was calgary..:(
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Own zone coverage has been really inconsistent this year. Two D men behind the net or in the corners and no centreman covering the net. Henrik last night twice was watching the puck and not picking up coverage. Even this is not what I would call correct coverage. There should always be 1 D man in front with the centreman providing support for the D man who is behind the net or in the corner. Quite often I've seen wingers in the corner on the wrong side of the ice and the puck will find it's way to the back side D man who then has a lane to walk in and blast a shot unopposed.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Listercat wrote:Own zone coverage has been really inconsistent this year. Two D men behind the net or in the corners and no centreman covering the net. Henrik last night twice was watching the puck and not picking up coverage. Even this is not what I would call correct coverage. There should always be 1 D man in front with the centreman providing support for the D man who is behind the net or in the corner. Quite often I've seen wingers in the corner on the wrong side of the ice and the puck will find it's way to the back side D man who then has a lane to walk in and blast a shot unopposed.
There were times I watched players in the D stick to the system even when it does not make sense. I agree AV has to go if this keeps up. Enough coming in second or fourth or WTF. We have talent. Let them play.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Your post relates to mine how??? What are you trying to say? Your post makes no sense...
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Overtime wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:If this team doesn't get into the 3rd round the fat frenchman has got to go. His little mind games and setting up certain players to fail is getting a little stale. He's a good coach but in the end you need to win a cup. That and the fact he keeps around his PP coach who refuses to adapt to anything thrown at him, and his defence coach who can't seem to utilize the talent he is given.

What a shitty effort against an inferior opponent. This is on you AV .... how the FUCK are Kassian and Booth going to succeed playing with a ham handed fucking diving french turtle like Lappierre??? They look fine and I believe if they even had Schroeder between them the line might look ok, but no AV is determined to shitcan his career as well burying him on the 4th line. AV is an asshole and for the love of fucking god why the fuck are both Alberts and Barker playing instead of Ballard ??? Brilliant move... Lets depreciate the asset before we move it. What does this fat frog do before he sells his house, go over the beautiful hard wood floor with puke coplored shag carpet? Rip out granite countertops and snap in laminate. The guy is a fucking clown.

As for Lappy i don't want that loser anywhere near this team next season even if he played for free.
Seconded.
Thirded
Quadrupled. Giggles has got to go.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: What a shitty effort against an inferior opponent. This is on you AV .... how the FUCK are Kassian and Booth going to succeed playing with a ham handed fucking diving french turtle like Lappierre??? They look fine and I believe if they even had Schroeder between them the line might look ok, but no AV is determined to shitcan his career as well burying him on the 4th line. AV is an asshole and for the love of fucking god why the fuck are both Alberts and Barker playing instead of Ballard ??? Brilliant move... Lets depreciate the asset before we move it. What does this fat frog do before he sells his house, go over the beautiful hard wood floor with puke coplored shag carpet? Rip out granite countertops and snap in laminate. The guy is a fucking clown.

As for Lappy i don't want that loser anywhere near this team next season even if he played for free.
Seconded.
Quadrupled. Giggles has got to go.
He sure wasn't giggling last night during the post-game interview when answering questions about what he said to earn the bench minor " 'That's an elbow'. And that's how I got two minutes and that's how they scored their goal. I'm done here.".....haven't seen him that pissed off in a media scrum for quite a while (if ever).
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

I dont blame AV for getting pissed.That was a total bullshit call for the bench pemalty.I swear this league is losimg credibility due to poor reffing,Sutherland being the worst.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

is this happeneing across the league? Are certain teams targeted? Among those targeted are there teams particularly targeted?

Is it canada vs usa
is it contenders vs non contenders?
Original 6 vs expansion?
snow belt vs banada belt?
east vs west?
up vs down?
in vs out ?
right vs wrong?

WTF is going on!!!???
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

AV's bitch is about consistency. How is Hartley able to beak off at the officials in the 1st period with no penalty and when AV does it the call is made? AV does not have a history of hassling officials, if he did I could see some rationale. BTW the incident AV was upset about was a butt end to the head.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

AV does have a history with the official in question, though.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

They lost this game in the first and second. They out played Calgary for two periods but did not get enough shots nor did they pounce enough on a goalie that was giving up home runs for rebounds. If they had more finish, more of a killer instinct in period 1 or 2 they would have won this game. Calgary owned the third for the most part. We had shifts were we pressed but no energy. And Luongo let in two bad goals and the third was a shin pad deflection off of Garrison. So if Luongo had been stellar and had we capitalized more in the first or second we would have walked away with two points.

As for the reffing, it was as usually pretty bad. The call on AV was total BS. Tanev got an elbow and the butt end of a stick on that play and nothing called. I suspect AV will get fined for his comments. But if not for a fluky bounce off of Garrison we would have been OK. ANd if not for J'Bow having his stick int he right place Dank would have tied it. We deserved at least a point.

Calgary is a bad team. Boring to watch and pretty beatable most nights. I hate losing but hate losing to the Flames especially when they didn't really earn it. A game where we beat ourselves more than Calgary beating us. But let them have it. They are delusion yet again that this means they are a good team. Perhaps this means they will be buyers again. One can only hope.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:They lost this game in the first and second. They out played Calgary for two periods but did not get enough shots nor did they pounce enough on a goalie that was giving up home runs for rebounds.
That has been my beef with this team for years. They seem to never have the attacking forward or back door pointman coming in for the easy goal off of a rebound.....Thomas gave up plenty in 2011. Quick in 2012. Taylor last night. They are so hit and miss that way. Sometimes they swarm the net and get 3 goals off of the 4 rebounds that the goalie gave up all night. Then they won't get any off of the 20 that were just gift wrapped for them.
Hockey Widow wrote: And Luongo let in two bad goals and the third was a shin pad deflection off of Garrison.
He let in one bad goal. That second goal was a perfect shot off of a setup from below the goal line that the shooter put top shelf before Lou could even attempt to get out and challenge. He was caught deep in his net because the play was behind him and he had to cover the near post or risk having banked in.