Feb 26 7PM GDT PHX @ VCR S-Pac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Feb 26 7PM GDT PHX @ VCR S-Pac

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Gotta think it's Schneids but haven't heard yet. Looking for the team to redeem themselves here as we all probably ate alot of crow from annoying Albortions and suprisingly, leaf blowers(can't wait for that 18 wheeler to go off the cliff)

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2012020282

Captain Henrik Sedin feels that the Vancouver Canucks overlooked their last opponent.

The Phoenix Coyotes probably wouldn't mind if they took that same approach as they limp into town on the final stop of their western Canada swing.

The Northwest Division-leading Canucks will try to rebound from their worst defensive effort of the season – and avoid their first three-game home slide in two seasons - on Tuesday night when they open the season series with Phoenix.

Back from a 2-1-1 trip that ended with Sunday's 8-3 loss to Detroit, Sedin could offer only one explanation why the Canucks (10-4-4) gave up six unanswered goals after his twin brother, Daniel, scored twice, and Chris Higgins, found the back of the net in the first period.

"I think it was just a matter of us maybe taking it like it was the last game of the road trip, and I don't think we were 100 percent focused on the game," Sedin, who had two assists in the loss to raise his team-best total to 15, said on Monday. "That shouldn't happen, but that's what happened."

Losing at Rogers Arena is also something the Canucks don't expect, but they've dropped their last two there by 4-3 margins after winning five straight against visitors by a combined 13-5 score. Vancouver's last three-game home slide was an 0-0-3 stretch from Jan. 8-22, 2011.

Phoenix (8-7-3) has won three of four in Vancouver since recording two victories and a tie in its previous 17 visits, but the team arrives with no momentum after giving up another lead. The Coyotes had a 2-0 second-period advantage in Saturday's 3-2 shootout defeat in Edmonton then yielded two goals in the final two minutes of Sunday's 5-4 loss to Calgary.

"That's two games in a row that we had a lead and we gave it away," said coach Dave Tippett, whose team was on a 7-2-2 run heading into its trip. "…We have to find a way to close these games out. That's not who we are as a team. Very uncharacteristic of us."

Perhaps improving on the power play would help the Coyotes avoid a season-worst third straight defeat. They are 3 for 32 in those situations over the last seven games. It's uncertain if Radim Vrbata (lower body) – the club leader with seven power-play points – or team goal scoring leader (seven) Martin Hanzal (upper body) will be back in the lineup to help that unit.

The Canucks, who could be without defenseman Kevin Bieksa (groin) for a second straight game, gave up a season high-tying three power-play goals on Sunday – all coming in the second period.

It's uncertain if Roberto Luongo will make a third consecutive start after giving up the second-most goals of his career on Sunday. Luongo went 1-1-0 with a 2.92 goals-against average in two starts – both at home - against Phoenix last season.

Cory Schneider turned aside 56 of 57 shots in the two matchups in Glendale, with each club winning once.

Phoenix's Mike Smith, who has started the last 11 games, was in net for the last two between these teams in 2011-12, both Coyotes victories.

The Canucks could also be without left wing David Booth (illness), the team leader with three goals versus Phoenix last season.

ImageImageImageImageImage
If you need air...call it in
Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Feb 26 7PM GDT PHX @ VCR S-Pac

Post by Jovocop »

Some good looking Canucks fans there, Dan! Good job!

With that humiliation in Detroit, the Canucks should be very hungry tonight. I expect Kassian to score a goal tonight, especially after his "goalie interference", "roughing", and "unsportsmanlike" penalties.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I prefer the dark one on the 1st pic giving a kiss......Go Canucks Goooo
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Schneider
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Raymond - Schroeder - Booth
Weise - Lapierre - Kassian
Hamhuis - Tanev
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Pylon Alberts
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

I like the last pic. Never tire of watching the twins. Good job Dan.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I feel like asian tonight.

4-2 nucks
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

rats19 wrote:I feel like asian tonight.

4-2 nucks
Now why would that be Rats?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

damonberryman wrote:
rats19 wrote:I feel like asian tonight.

4-2 nucks
Now why would that be Rats?
Soft spot......you could say
I think we should really do a number on phoenix tonight. I should be at the van at coyotes game late march
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

On to the next one, they're banged up....just win.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

okcanuck wrote:I like the last pic. Never tire of watching the twins. Good job Dan.
Check out the twins behind Vinyo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Not watching the game....just checked the score and expected to see the sheets hammered with piss.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Not watching the game....just checked the score and expected to see the sheets hammered with piss.
They're saving it all up for an all world mattress soaking golden showering circle jerk whereby they all simultaneously declare the season a write off and it's time to flush the core for a Coileresque rebuild.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I would comment, but it would be the same shit.....just a different day (game).

Besides, they'll probably earn a late goal......or give one up.

Just like that.

Honestly, how can people say that some form of change isn't needed right now.

Loved Vugneaults reaction to that one. I think he called Edler a fucking something or other.....
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Officiating is brutal. This period has easily been as bad as the Wings game.

Bahahahaha. Garret on Burrows getting punched in the face...."That's a penalty if this is Vancouver and Chicago."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Ya shitty game by canucks. 10 hits??? 10? WTF???
It's a slump but I chalk it up to playing like shit more than the players are shit.

10 hits is pathetic...time for Vinyo to start snapping the whip