GDT: Feb 24 - Canucks @ Detroit Rock City 2:00PM SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Feb 24 - Canucks @ Detroit Rock City 2:00PM SNET-P

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mëds wrote: Canucks are still playing soft and not really earning any PPs. Getting handed our lunch by a team in the back end of two in two is embarrassing when it is because we are being out worked.
Handed our Lunch? Really? They're up because of their PP's (and we get the make-up as I type this).

If Tootoo had any balls, or any liver, or any indian, left in him he would've obliged Kassian after taking a run at Tanev. Nobody on Detroit will fight us. We are the tougher team and we need to play a skilled game or we'll spend the whole game in the box.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well now lets self destruct!
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Mëds wrote: Canucks are still playing soft and not really earning any PPs. Getting handed our lunch by a team in the back end of two in two is embarrassing when it is because we are being out worked.
Handed our Lunch? Really? They're up because of their PP's (and we get the make-up as I type this).

If Tootoo had any balls, or any liver, or any indian, left in him he would've obliged Kassian after taking a run at Tanev. Nobody on Detroit will fight us. We are the tougher team and we need to play a skilled game or we'll spend the whole game in the box.
The way Boston played a skilled game to beat us?

Now a bench minor?

Our special teams are destroying us this year.

We are not earning this. The refs are giving it to the Wings.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:Well now lets self destruct!
Been doing that on the PP all year.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Really getting sick of this league and it's officiating and supplementary discipline.

Who cares about this game anyway?

Detroit - Vancouver games have been quite enjoyable in the past. But LaRue and Morton are bad referees.

I say relieve Luongo, put Schneider in, and then just continuously swear and yell at the refs - who cares? They've already ruined the game - just take unsportmanlikes until it's ridiculous.

Take a stand.

S_C
Last edited by Southern_Canuck on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a great day for hockey!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mëds wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

The way Boston played a skilled game to beat us?
Since when is this the playoffs? And we need to play a game similar to last year's Boston rematch (regular season game, ya know?)
Now a bench minor?

Our special teams are destroying us this year.

We are not earning this. The refs are giving it to the Wings.
The Refs are giving it to the Wings. Since when do NHL refs call Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for chirping? Unless Kassian called the ref's mother a barren c*nt, I don't think chirping should warrant a penalty. Especially when they've been feeding PP's to Detroit for garbage calls all day...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Sad and ugly.

Type of game that's very sweet to come back and win..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

2nd PP is horific.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The way Howard has sucked we could get this game back... its only a 2 goal lead.
I say pound these guys on the walls and go for the win. It's not like they're shutting us down
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Some bad calls for sure but not all have been bad. An early whistle gave us a break on a good goal so call that PP even out. Bottom line our special teams are crap this year, compared to past years. But we had little or no energy in the 2nd, in good part due to all the penalties. Too bad the refs have to insert themselves into a good match up.

We have a chance to get back in this if we play the way we did in the first. Get an early one on the PP and push the play. Obviously stay out of the PP.

Trade Luongo now. 5 goals against already and only the 2nd. :D

Our defence is definitely missing something this year. I'd say a strong presence on the R side to start. WE have to part with one of our 4+ L sided D men and get that position filled. How do other teams do it?
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hamhuis should NOT be on the PP. He is too indecisive with the puck and wastes opportunities.

Our PP is such garbage.

I agree, staple these guys to the boards for 20 min. Who cares if we have to play 5-on-3 for the rest of the game, it's already 7-on-5. Just make the Wings remember this game. They can limp around and cry about a full IR list but console themselves over a win given to them by the refs. I bet if every team that ends up on the short end of shitty refs just pounded the other team into the ice I think the league would finally start disciplining refs for shit calls,

There are some teams, and Detroit is one of them, that are continually getting the benefit of shit reffing.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

This feels like a playoff game, drunk in the daylight and every shot going in with assists to awful reffing. I think I'll start my beard.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Trying to keep in my this is their 5th game in 7, and it was against better competition.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Meh.....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Wow. This team needs some emotion.

I hate the lack of physical play from this team some games, when you are down at least go out and make them pay for it.

Fuck do I hate the emotionless Canucks.