GDT: Feb 17 - Blues @ Canucks 6:00PM PST SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

GDT: Feb 17 - Blues @ Canucks 6:00PM PST SNET-P

Post by SKYO »

Lets hope we don't make rookie goalie Jake Allen look like a superstar, who has a two game winning streak in Halak's absence.

Glad to see Luongo back! poor schneids still has some rust to shake off.

Be interesting to see how Kesler plays, as just like CS has to get in tune with the team.

Like to see Kassian step it up again.

Garrison is anybody home? please show us why MG paid you millions for your one good year.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Feb 17 - Blues @ Canucks 6:00PM PST SNET-P

Post by Per »

Now that the franchise points record has been taken care of, maybe it's time for Hank to actually score a goal?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

St Loooo get a shitload of points from the points. Their defense, particularly Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo, really moving the puck well and this will be a huge test for our team. One weakness may be their 3rd pairing as they are nowhere near the talent as the top pairing.
Their forward group is pretty deep and any line can score. Moving the puck quickly out of the zone and quick sticks will be the way to beat these guys. If I remember, they tend to get frustrated when you smother them and they take stupid penalties at key times. A timely powerplay goal could be the difference.
I'll say 2-1 Nux with Luongo being first star. We win if all 4 lines come to play and we stay out of the box.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: One weakness may be their 3rd pairing as they are nowhere near the talent as the top pairing.
But their true weakness is their goaltending.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I didn't realize how bad their goaltending has been....wow.
One thing that stands out to me is that when you compare rosters on TSN, most of the Blues are minus players where as the Canucks appear as almost all plus players. Have a look at R.Polak(-5) and W. Redden(-7). Brutal on a team as good a this.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/statistics/ ... =nhl-blues
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/statistics/ ... hl-canucks
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Paging all bedwetters!!!! Hodgson scored today and new goalie controversy
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I'm getting a real kick out of the hype surrounding Jake Allen.

He's given up 9 goals in the last 3 games and has an .879 SV%.

Oh but wait!!!! He made one lucky save against the Flames and suddenly he's the new Marty Brodeur or something.

Some quotes from TSN.....
After his amazing save, the Canucks know they can't underestimate the Blues' rookie goaltender, Jake Allen.
Outstanding goaltending was the foundation of the St. Louis Blues' success last season. Rookie Jake Allen must have taken notice. Tonight, the Vancouver Canucks will look to solve the 22-year-old as the Northwest Division leaders take on the Blues.
While every goalie makes amazing saves that are as much luck as they are skill, I'm loving the fact that this kid has made one such save and now the Canucks will have solve him, and know they can't underestimate him. LMAO!!!!!

I supposed the flip side is the penchant this team has for making backups and rookies look like Patrick Roy circa 1986. Regardless, I'm getting a real kick out of this.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

How to beat the blues:

____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RK17 shot looked pretty deadly for his first goal.

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Vintage Lu on the 2nd goal. "Where's the net?".
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I see it's the no-show version of Zack Kassian again tonight. This kid is a puzzle.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:I see it's the no-show version of Zack Kassian again tonight. This kid is a puzzle.
He played much better playing with our leading scorers, as he was getting beautiful saucer passes by the uber twins.

I see we are getting the shitty ref's again in this game. :mad:
That non call against Backes after he pushed down Luongo.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I like seeing shitty refereeing in the regular season...it prepares the team for the same inevitable scenario come playoff time
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:I like seeing shitty refereeing in the regular season...it prepares the team for the same inevitable scenario come playoff time
Bad non-call on Backes...that being said, that period was all St. Louis regardless of the bad reffing. We still need to find proper line-mates for Kesler. If Kassian doesn't improve his consistency, he could find himself parked on the 4th line permanently when Booth gets back.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: He played much better playing with our leading scorers, as he was getting beautiful saucer passes by the uber twins.

and so did Jason King, Trent Klatt and Anson Carter. The bottom line is, nobody plays better with the Sedins than Burrows. The Sedins seemingly found their game once Burrows was put back with them. I'm hoping for some good chemistry between Kassian and Kesler but Kassian still has some learnin' to do. Still like the play and chemistry of the Hansen, Schroeder, Raymond line, don't see any reason to break that up.