GDT: Feb 15 - Gaglardi @ Aquilini 7:00 PM SPac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Feb 15 - Gaglardi @ Aquilini 7:00 PM SPac

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I think maybe Dale Weise should probably avoid scrapping...
If you need air...call it in
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Uncle dans leg wrote:I think maybe Dale Weise should probably avoid scrapping...
I think Weise was fine. Lapierre should avoid dropping his gloves though.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Schneider's mistake near the end of the second period might be costly.
Last edited by Jovocop on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

sloppy defense on that 4th goal, now all we can hope is OT!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Good game management by the refs to help the Stars catch up
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Yuck. Too bad Ballard's shot didn't go post and in.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Aside from that goal in the 2nd, I don't think you can pin the goat horns on Schneider for this one. He coulda been a hero though...

Refs were absolutely horrible this game. They let sh*t go on both sides, but the no-call on the trip on Hansen in the 3rd was particularly egregious. Coupla seconds later and the Stars take the lead. Well-played, refs... (golf clap) well-played...

Can't win them all, but hopefully the guys start getting better at closing out games.

Looks like the Twins are back. Good to see Henrik get the 2 pts. Now that distraction can go away. Kes seemed to be in good form tonight, but I think there's still more to come from him.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I blame Henrik for the loss, he should have broke the record late in da turd.

Or those 3 fights in a row after we were up by a coupla goals.

Anyways team should be hungry for a win on Sunday.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Canucks should've had that one.

Ref's were god awful. Raymond's goal was good. Penalties missed all over the place like Rome catching the puck, doing a head fake, passing it to his other hand between his legs and then throwing it into the corner - thought that was a penalty this year? :crazy: Weak ass calls like the Weise hit (even though there was a make-up).

Anyways, whatever, we probably have already won a couple we should've lost this year. Things have a tendency to even out in the long run.

Great tribute to Henrik, well deserved. It would be interesting to see where he'd be if not for the two lockouts. Probably approaching 900 points!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Schneider wasn't good tonight. The better goalie was on the bench, and I expect Luongo to run with a few after this one.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cory was sloppy. 3 bad goals. Not up to par of what we expect. I agree I think this gives AV all he needs to run with Luongo for a bit now. I thought the first was one of our better periods all season. The second was OK but in the third we were trying to play Globetrotter hockey it seemed. Not enough shots.

Loved kesler's first game back. Higgins was solid. Goaltending let us down this game. Either that or we are spoiled.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Aaronp18 wrote:Canucks should've had that one.

Ref's were god awful. Raymond's goal was good. Penalties missed all over the place like Rome catching the puck, doing a head fake, passing it to his other hand between his legs and then throwing it into the corner - thought that was a penalty this year? :crazy: Weak ass calls like the Weise hit (even though there was a make-up).

Anyways, whatever, we probably have already won a couple we should've lost this year. Things have a tendency to even out in the long run.

Great tribute to Henrik, well deserved. It would be interesting to see where he'd be if not for the two lockouts. Probably approaching 900 points!
Before the lockout he was a 50 point player. After the lockout up to 74 or something. Chances are he would have been closer to 800. No way is he at 900 with just a missed season and a half. I actually felt as if the Canucks felt their job was done for the night after he hit the milestone point. They seemed to let off the gas and just rest on the accolade of the night rather than chase down the 2 points.

The Stars are a sad team. They beat us, but this is the team that gave up 7 goals to Calgary. Schneider could have been better, his defense screwed him with the dog pile in the crease on that tying goal.

Anyone who took Schneider in a pool or league this year looks to be inching closer and closer to having a full-time backup goalie judging by the track record of wins/losses.

Alot of things to like going into the night. Not much to like by the end of the 2nd period.

For once I'll focus on the pros.

Raymond. I really like what I'm seeing this year. It's not just flash and button hook. He's carrying the puck well, and shooting well, but more than that he is distributing the puck and making some excellent passes after backing the defense off at the line and then drawing them when looking to press a drive to the net. Next thing the D knows he has made a sweet little pass to an open linemate. Just a few bad bounces kept him from notching another goal tonight. He's even ending up in front of the net after making a pass.....

Schroeder looks to be pulling his weight. That will be a killer 3rd line.

Kesler's return to the lineup was great. He doesn't look like he's missed a beat, and you sure notice a jump in the team's overall speed with him on the ice. Also a few more problems for the oppnent's rush and breakout with him at center.....although it was the Dallas Stars. But still, nice to have him back. Looks confident out there.

The Sedins looked good and were clicking well with Burrows tonight right up until Hank hit the milestone. Now that it's out of the way hopefully the chemistry remains and they get down to business for a full 60 from now on.

Other than that this team was mediocre.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hockey Widow wrote:Cory was sloppy. 3 bad goals. Not up to par of what we expect. I agree I think this gives AV all he needs to run with Luongo for a bit now. I thought the first was one of our better periods all season. The second was OK but in the third we were trying to play Globetrotter hockey it seemed. Not enough shots.

Loved kesler's first game back. Higgins was solid. Goaltending let us down this game. Either that or we are spoiled.
Hard to make shots when your penned in your own end.. Agree Schneider did not play well.. this game we had the offence without much defence.. wondering if Maholtra might be missed ?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

If it weren't for the fact that Luongo apparently wants out, I'd say (like I've been saying all along) that we're trading the wrong goalie.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The home team lost, the ref's were brutal and the TV coverage stank.

Thanks Bountiful.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.