GDT: Feb 9 - Flame-outs @ Canucks 7:00 PM -CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Feb 9 - Flame-outs @ Canucks 7:00 PM -CBC

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:]When Kesler comes back, who would/can the Canucks send down? As isn't Schroeder the only one who doesn't need to be waived? :? (from the fringe forwards)
Then Booth gets back. Imagine that, we have a 4th line that we don't want to lose.
They could send down a defenceman instead, as we have 2 up with the team now[/quote]

They can send almost anyone down but it is a matter of waivers. Who on the team does not need to clear? Volpatti, Kassian, Tanev and Schroeder. Not sure if thats 100% accurate. In the past MG has shown he has a fear of losing "assets" on waivers and has kept , IMHO, players less deserving because of that. If he holds to that pattern then he won't want to risk losing Ebbet or Weise, which would mean Volpatti and Schroeder are the likely choices. Remember Schroeder started the season in Chicago for that very reason.[/quote]

I hope that they don't send any of the current on-ice lineup down though, better to lose the extras in the press box first
RoyalDude wrote: Malhotra's days are numbered, hope he is saving his money, cause I highly doubt he gets picked up by another NHL team this summer. I see Europe in the cards for Malhotra next year.
Or he signs a one-year cut-rate deal for something like Hansen money, as a faceoff/utility player.
Obviously his value has taken a big downturn after his injury
Hockey Widow wrote: But I think he will try to land a job a league minimum somewhere and keep playing if he can. I hope it is not with us unless he has a miraculous turn around and gets back to the Manny we had before the injury. Perhaps the biggest thing working against him is we need to clear cap space and his 3.5 goes a long way to helping us do that.
Acyually only 2.5
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

coco_canuck wrote:This is not to say the Canucks should send Schroeder down when Kesler returns just to save Ebbett but it's in the Canucks best interest to figure out a way to massage the roster without losing someone.
Ebbett or Malhotra could block a shot in practice............. :wink:

or Volpattii and Barker could be sent out
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The thing about Booth is that he was recovering from a nasty concussion when we got him which we all know can take an entire year (or never) for some players to get back to their pre concussion level of play; and if you were to judge any Canuck by their play last season not many would come out very favourably. In other words, the sample size is just too small to make a decision on Booths value as a player.

As a person, he's a bear baiting, redneck, bible thumping Christian so I can see why some* want to throw him under the bus but then there are more publicly God fearing players (Ballard) to throw under there with him ... oh wait, Ballard's having a turn around this year isn"t he? hmm maybe there is something to this prayer thing?

* I learnt this trick from Blob, by saying "some" I can get away with not directly accusing RD of being a hypocrite by changing his mind about Ballard even though he publicly said his Faith is what brought him through the dark times last year :)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Funny, hf boards flame fans are taking solace in and considering streets elbow to bieksa at the end of the game......a VICTORY

How frikken lame is that :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:Funny, hf boards flame fans are taking solace in and considering streets elbow to bieksa at the end of the game......a VICTORY

How frikken flame is that :crazy:
fyp
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Topper wrote: Ebbett or Malhotra could block a shot in practice............. :wink:

or Volpattii and Barker could be sent out
Yup, it's unlikely to be a difficult situation to manoeuvre through.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:Funny, hf boards flame fans are taking solace in and considering streets elbow to bieksa at the end of the game......a VICTORY

How frikken flame is that :crazy:
fyp
No need to Splain... :?:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:The thing about Booth is that he was recovering from a nasty concussion when we got him
LOL...we got him long after his recovery from the concussion. But hey, keep drumming up the lame excuses, I enjoy the comedy.

Booth will not be a Canuck after this season, trust me.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:The thing about Booth is that he was recovering from a nasty concussion when we got him
LOL...we got him long after his recovery from the concussion. But hey, keep drumming up the lame excuses, I enjoy the comedy.

Booth will not be a Canuck after this season, trust me.
I'm not making excuses based on two concussions and a head/neck injury prior to his trade to the Canucks what I am saying is that he only just got back to an injury free from in Florida when he was traded to the Canucks, a team that was not playing inspired hockey at the time.
To add to that, the rumours at the time were not that it was a salary dump as you have claimed but that the Panthers had lost faith that he would ever be the same player he was when he cut into the middle against Mike Richards and had his head taken off.
Is he the same fearless hard driving player he was or is he gun shy now? (pardon the pun) thats the question where the jury is still out on not your BS about his intelligence and religious convictions
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:

Booth will not be a Canuck after this season,trust me

Seriously? Like what you said about Kassian? :roll:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: Is he the same fearless hard driving player he was or is he gun shy now? (pardon the pun) thats the question where the jury is still out on not your BS about his intelligence and religious convictions
Take a read around the hockey world when ya get a chance uk. If ya do, you will notice that I am not the only person in the world who criticizes his intelligence on the ice. It's pretty much the book on him, always has been since the day he was drafted. I know ya like to think that this is all my doing but sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It's that lack-thereof in the brain department that got him his concussion in the first place.

The Canucks pride themselves on an intelligent puck possession, cycle game. Booth fits that style like a square peg in a round hole.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Booth will not be a Canuck after this season,trust me

Seriously? Like what you said about Kassian? :roll:
I've never criticized Kassian's intellect, it's his consistency that has alway been his issue and he seemingly has made big strides in that department. Regarding Booth's brain, there ain't no improving that. He's as dumb as a sack a hammers.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: a team that was not playing inspired hockey at the time.

It's funny how the Panthers really improved once Booth was gone, nice run into the playoffs they had last season. Once the trade was consummated. Uninspired hockey you say? Well, there was some definite inspiration their after the trade. Hmmmm
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:.
To add to that, the rumours at the time were not that it was a salary dump as you have claimed
LOL...stop sniffing the glue, yuk. It was a salary dump, trust me. that was why they took back to old players whose contracts expired at the end of said season. Fuck, how many times does this have to be explained. The Panthers did not like Booths contract.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Is he the same fearless hard driving player he was or is he gun shy now? (pardon the pun) thats the question where the jury is still out on not your BS about his intelligence and religious convictions
Take a read around the hockey world when ya get a chance uk. If ya do, you will notice that I am not the only person in the world who criticizes his intelligence on the ice. It's pretty much the book on him, always has been since the day he was drafted. I know ya like to think that this is all my doing but sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It's that lack-thereof in the brain department that got him his concussion in the first place.

The Canucks pride themselves on an intelligent puck possession, cycle game. Booth fits that style like a square peg in a round hole.
Whatever the book is on Booth I don't believe you have read it. you jumped on Booth the day he got here and went on CBC after hours and started praising Jesus. you have been on his case ever since and you have picked up on this "Book" along the way...

I have no idea how Booth's going to fare when he gets back, he's going to be trying to come back from an injury in a short year so thats also going to factor in all of this I imagine.

He may not have a future with the Canucks but don't bother patting yourself on the back there RD you dont like him cause he's a Bible thumper not for whats on the ice because no one has seen enough to tell yet what the Canucks have in the guy