GDT: Feb 7 Canucks @ Wild 5:00 PM SNet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Feb 7 Canucks @ Wild 5:00 PM SNet

Post by ukcanuck »

Okay that went pretty much according to plan, ... Next!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

RoyalDude wrote:When is Shrayder gonna score!
Probably never, but if the Journeyman can score, I suppose anybody can.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Schroeder is goning to score and am I the only one who sees a player who surpises me with his guts and his speed. Kid can go.

Defence looked very good. Ginger in top form and Ballard proving a better investment every day. Not saying hs is worth the price. Just saying he looks good and his partner is growing into a top shut down guy.

Missing two of our six top and I do not believe I have ever seen a more balanced Canuck team. I have seen more talent, tougher players, but not a squad that buys into coaching like this which leads me to giving AV his respect.

That team out there tonight could be very good indeed. Glad I am not a coiler fan wondering what happened AGAIN. They got some great kids. I wish we had Nuge and a Burnaby boy at that, but it is not so. I watch Edmonton and wish for various players but not the team. They look to be at least two years away with good high draft picks coming their way.

What about Raymond? :D

Did you see Kassian pass and backcheck? Alright. That was fucking hockey.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I'm surprised Pacific Blue hasn't mentioned Dale Weise getting into a couple pier 6 ers.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Raymond JUST slayin' it, again! A Goal! An Assist! What a bargain!

How many points does Malhotra have?
One of the best face-off players in the league is valuable especially on the PK
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'm surprised Pacific Blue hasn't mentioned Dale Weise getting into a couple pier 6 ers.
He's pretty down these days due to the Canucks on-ice success of late... I I feel bad for him as he can't seem to find anyone who is underacheiving enough to keep him happy.

Don't worry buddy...someone will stumble soon
If you need air...call it in
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

It was a pretty solid game all around. Schneider played well (probably get the next start), points from multiple lines, really good defensive coverage... hell Kassian backchecking like a beast. it was nice to see.

And very impressed with Tanev and Ballard. crazy good to see the "3rd" pairing playing as well (or better) than our top 2 pairings. Finally feels like the defense by committee strategy is coming together.

dominated the 1st period. With only three shots on net I thought Scheider was actively considering pulling out a sudoku book or ordering a pizza. :)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I know this is stupid and petty but I love it when players are signed way over priced and they fall flat on their face or the team that signs them falls flat. Suter and Parise are both over payed for what they can do for the team and now with just the 2 of them in 2 seasons ~25 of their cap could be tied up with only them.

Canucks looked good, so who will be in net for Saturday, maybe another coin toss?

Hopefully this may be a start of something for Higgins.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I know when I have the flu. I have no snap in my movements..well casual kev shud get sick more often...lol good game i thought. Why was konopka so mad at weise like meece not wiese like mice?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote: weise like meece not wiese like mice?
you tryin to be a wiese guy or sommat?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote: weise like meece not wiese like mice?
you tryin to be a wiese guy or sommat?
like mice?...lol
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'm surprised Pacific Blue hasn't mentioned Dale Weise getting into a couple pier 6 ers.
C'mon Blobby Beers...I know you are an aficionado of the hockey bruhaha mayhem so don't sit there and tell me that you are a fan of the Dale Weise fighting style which is um, quite Dana Murzyn, embarrassing to be honest. The guy has no proper fighting technique or skill, his whole game plan is too just hang in there, huggy bear, and not get hurt. His punches are of the Trevor Linden style, terrible. I will take the exciting, gutsier, toe to toe style of the Volpatti's and Rypiens of the world any day of the week.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:
C'mon Blobby Beers...I know you are an aficionado of the hockey bruhaha mayhem so don't sit there and tell me that you are a fan of the Dale Weise fighting style which is um, quite Dana Murzyn, embarrassing to be honest. The guy has no proper fighting technique or skill, his whole game plan is too just hang in there, huggy bear, and not get hurt. His punches are of the Trevor Linden style, terrible. I will take the exciting, gutsier, toe to toe style of the Volpatti's and Rypiens of the world any day of the week.
you know the team played a solid game when its weise's lack lustre fighting style in the crosshairs...lofl

I thought he held his own and actually tried to get a few shots in..:)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I saw part of last nights game (2nd period and top 1/2 of the 3rd) and what I saw was the Wild dominating for much of it. They were more physical and winning more puck battles along the boards while hemming Vancouver in there own zone. They just could not score and could not keep the puck out of their own net when Vancouver did get a chance. Backstrom did not make the saves when he needed to.

It was the first I've seen Schroeder play since his perimeter float effort at the WJC and I was impressed with the all round effort of his game. He'll always struggle because of his size, but from what I saw he could be a decent utility man.

What a pass from Raymond to Hansen.

Did Tanev bulk up in the off season/lockout? What has always struck me about his play is his calmness with the puck, happy to make the safe play rather than try to force the issue and I saw more of that last night.

Edler has always been problematic retrieving puck behind his net when pressured and while better, his problems continue.

Hank continues with his Bertuzzi stupid penalties.

The game was much closer than the score reflects.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: Did Tanev bulk up in the off season/lockout?