GDT: Feb 4 - Canucks @ Oil 6:30 PM - SNet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Feb 4 - Canucks @ Oil 6:30 PM - SNet

Post by Lancer »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Image

LOL @ the dude...... should be him and Mëds in a bunk bed.
Would love to see the fight for the top bunk... :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lancer wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I told you all to be patient with this team.
Are you for real???
Oh I am real Lancer, very real!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Luongo's roll continues.................. still.

When the game ended - the D pair on the ice was our most dependable of late.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Brick Tamland
CC Veteran

Post by Brick Tamland »

We played a great game 5 on 5. Special teams on the other hand...just a tad inconsistent.

I was pretty sure we'd have a worse record than this by the 10ish game mark. I'm pleasantly surprised.

It sure will be nice when we get arguably the most valuable forward on our team back.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

RoyalDude wrote:
Lancer wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I told you all to be patient with this team.
Are you for real???
Oh I am real Lancer, very real!
No. You are not even close to being real. We won and outshot them bad.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

sagebrush wrote:Luongo's roll continues.................. still.

When the game ended - the D pair on the ice was our most dependable of late.
Luongo rising up the goaltending stats chart!

Yup just give Ballard-Tanev 23 minutes per game now. :D
great play by Ballard on winner. Shows AV's faith in 3rd D pair w Ballard/Tanev on ice at end of OT
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

8-)
Lancer wrote:*Caveat - could only listen to the game*

Seems the Sedins are still a little off, but it was nice to hear them spend a shift or two in the offensive zone.

Yeah, Hansen, Raymond and Schroeder seems like a line worth seeing what happens. Helluva game by Hansen.

Save % may not be where he might like it, but our 'backup' is still keeping things to 2 goals or less.

The tying goal, to me, just seemed like a case of knocking on the door often enough and it'll open. That said, methinks this is not last year's Dubnyk... :?

Game winning goal couldn't have been scored by a more deserving guy. Nice for Tanev to get his first. If Robert Dirk can score the odd goal then, kid, so can you. Keep it up.

2 pts, and atop the division still!!! :cheers:

Wait till we get to see the whole team play a game together.... :mrgreen:
Ballard deserved an assist for keeping the puck in the Edmonton zone and his kick pass to Daniel or Henrik along the board.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

5-2-2 =12 out of 18 or a 666% of winning. Wait until our second line is back. Hope Ginger plays next game as we do not want to rife one tender too long. Best start to a season in a while.

And the Dude goes 'wah wah wha'. We are awful terrible too sick to live. I have been a Canuck fan since the days of Phil Maloney and my team is my team. I cheered Kearns, Rota, Paiement, Tanti, Smautz, Bure, Linden, Lever, Lumme, Hlinka and Bubla (heroin or no heroin) and his son. I am from Van. Not the burbs, Fraser Valley, PG or Rupert. Grew up on Powell and Wall and all those who are not enthused about our team can go be coilers.

Win or lose Dude. Win or lose they are MY team.

Canucks beat the coil and all is well.

P.S. You are not real. You front shit but behind that is a boy who wants a lot of attention. I am giving it to you. Who is the trick?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I said earlier to change up the D pairing on the PP, AV didn't but he did put them out in the final minute, good on him.

The Nucks need to get the PP going,they have tried changing some thing up but they are not getting the shots to the net. 2 goals by the D, Nucks play the best when they get contribution from the blueline.

O yea and did AV call a time out??? Can the Reefman call it or what? :mex:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I loved the post game with kesler whoring behind the cameras waiting to interrupt the Tanev and Dank interviews. He was of course just ignored by Sportsnet. He had this shit eating grin on his face like he wanted to get into trouble.

Can't wait for him the get back.

Another sloppy start but we came on strong. Nice to pay the Oilers back for that 2-0 lead and come out on top this time. I really didn't want to test Luongo in the SO again. He had another strong game but just sloppy enough that maybe AV will give the net back to Cory and see how he does.

Winning the division is going to be so important this year so nice to see us getting the 2 points and seeing the Avs and Minny lose.

Kassian down to earth tonight but Burrows helped the twins get back to their game somewhat. Just having all our eggs in one basket is scary. We miss Booth and Kesler. (just for you Dude :D )

Now about special teams....Never mind. There really ins't anything special about them.
The only HW the Canucks need
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Canucks dominated in the dot.

Henrik was 18/23 and Burrows 7/7. It's a team of some wily vets carrying it for the youth to fill holes and Tanev did. It will be very interesting to see how the return of Kesler affects Sedin production and how opposition D pairings match up.

Right now this team reminds me a lot of 2007- not a lot of goals but solid play and goaltending.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Image

LOL @ the dude...... should be him and Mëds in a bunk bed.
You have a problem with me calling out the exact same people for the last few years? Edler, Raymond, and AV, the team's breakout and PP. Other players I simply critique. Raymond is having a good year so far, with the exception of the first game he has been one of our better forwards.....certainly one of our most consistent, doesn't mean I don't think he won't go back to being a soft passenger if he gets re-upped for another few years in the $2.5M-$3.5M range.

Call a spade a spade around here and you get thrown under the same bus as the Dude.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

damonberryman wrote: No. You are not even close to being real. We won and outshot them bad.
Shots mean nothing when they aren't quality. Not saying that was the case tonight, just in general. Time and again this team puts up 30 shots on net but 25 of them are from outside with nobody around to create traffic, get a redirection, or put away a gimme rebound on the door step. Tonight Dubnyk was good and the Canucks were horrible on the PP and would probably like to have several do-overs on scoring chances where they just didn't life the puck.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
damonberryman wrote: No. You are not even close to being real. We won and outshot them bad.
Shots mean nothing when they aren't quality. Not saying that was the case tonight, just in general. Time and again this team puts up 30 shots on net but 25 of them are from outside with nobody around to create traffic, get a redirection, or put away a gimme rebound on the door step. Tonight Dubnyk was good and the Canucks were horrible on the PP and would probably like to have several do-overs on scoring chances where they just didn't life the puck.
Do you even watch the games? We totally out-played RD's coilers for two periods plus the overtime and you still bitch and complain.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
Call a spade a spade around here and you get thrown under the same bus as the Dude.
C'mon Mëds, I ain't so bad. I could use a good wingman like you. I sure got tarred and feathered last night As we finally pulled a rabbit of the hat. But at least Higgins and Malhotra continue to be non-factors and that MayRay has arrived with some good chemistry with Schroeds and now Hansen. As Jim Hughson laments "THE BIG LINE!"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau