GDT: Jan 27 - Canucks @ Sharks 5:00PM PST SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Jan 27 - Canucks @ Sharks 5:00PM PST SNET-P

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote:I don't blame Schneider, if you have a stupid D man giving the puck away like Edler did not many goalies can stop it. What is up with Edler, why does his brain seem a few seconds late in making good decisions?
I've been saying this about Edler for 3 seasons now. I said the same thing about Ohlund, although Ohlund's gaffs were more along the lines of trips to the box at bad moments and missing an assignment. Edler is the king of bad turnovers and missed assignments. Has some big games where he hits and contributes offensively, but then pulls this shit.

I still think Gillis should have offerred Edler, Ballard, Raymond, a 1st, and Lack for Weber this summer.
Last edited by Meds on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

It's a long way from over...but we have to pick It up a couple notches
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

I dunno. If it were Lou net we would be on him for the goals.
It does look like Schneider is settling down now but there were some shakey moments IMO where he wasn't tracking the puck like usual. I dunno what's up with the team... It's like the San Jose room service delivered water spiked with stupid last night.

Hopefully we get outta this period and get the lads settled.

Oh..and really nice first save of this power play
Last edited by wafflecombine on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hamhuis looks slow this year, and we really are missing Kesler.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Mëds wrote:Hamhuis looks slow this year, and we really are missing Kesler.
Agreed. We are really missing Kesler.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

wafflecombine wrote:I dunno. If it were Lou net we would be on him for the goals.
It does look like Schneider is settling down now but there were some shakey moments IMO where he wasn't tracking the puck like usual. I dunno what's up with the team... It's like the San Jose room service delivered water spiked with stupid last night.

Hopefully we get outta this period and get the lads settled.

Oh..and really nice first save of thos power play
Lou probably would have had Thornton's. If there is one thing that Luongo definitely does better than most it is track the puck.....he's also very accustomed to his defense coughing the puck up so he may have even been set on Edler's turnover.

Either way, no way you fault any goaltender on those two goals.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

1st period in the books and it may as well be the game. 2-0 isn't an insurrmountable lead, but when you come out with zero intensity and play scared hockey against a team that is playing as confidently as the Sharks.....might as well have stayed home.

As pointed out by someone else a few days ago, Higgins is showing more and more why he is so well travelled in this league.

I'm really tired of Bieksa's lazy play and Edler's screw ups. I think that is $9.2M that could be better spent.

Sharks PK is good, aggressive, will give our PP fits. Need to just let Edler and Garrison let go with one-timer bombs all night and make the Shark's forwards pay with bruises for blocking them. When you have cannons like Edler and Garrison on your team and the only point men letting go with one-timers are Bieksa and Hamhuis.....something's gotta change.

The Canucks also have a way of making Niemi look much better than he really is.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Was that Edler or Bieksa abandoning his post on the first goal? Sheesh. Garrison tried to come over to cover, but too late - what a clusterfuck.

And then Edler.

The Canucks did not match the Sharks intensity early, and here they are down 2 goals.

I like that when Burrows and Clowe have a disagreement, Clowe ends up having to fight Kassian! If Mallet can make the league somehow, that would also help team toughness.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Pathetic first period against the teams first real challenge. SMH
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Southern_Canuck wrote: I like that when Burrows and Clowe have a disagreement, Clowe ends up having to fight Kassian! If Mallet can make the league somehow, that would also help team toughness.
I'm stuck watching the Sharks feed on the free center ice preview (won't be paying for it this year). Clowe was just interviewed and said Kassian asked him to go. Gave Kassian props "he's a young kid, but he's a tough kid and I like the way he plays". Class act, and obviously a tough guy, beat Kassian handedly. I don't think it'll be so easy in 2-3 years...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nice passes by both Edler and Garrison. Fuck the Sharks make the Canucks look so small and weak, winning every board battle and Vancouver D hears the footsteps. Forwards with little to no tenacity.

Props to Kassian for stepping up to fight Clowe who punched the piss out of him.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Cue the come back.

What was the TSN turning point? The hit on Tanev.

Tanev got pasted and the Nucks turned it up a notch with Volpatti running at Irwin.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

God damn fuck.

Schneid didn't deserve that goal.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Burrows redeems his dirty trip with a fluke goal... and then Lapierre pulls his own dirty hit and puts us on the PK and costs us. You can tell it's early in the season, because there isn't a lot of brain activity happening out there.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Either we are really slow or San Jose are just passing the puck on a string tonight. Props to them as they are dominating. We can't seem to generate any type of possession at all.

<a href=http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-To-MP3 ... 10474.html >youtube mp3</a>