GDT Jan 20 - Canucks vs Oilers 6PM PST Sportsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT Jan 20 - Canucks vs Oilers 6PM PST Sportsnet

Post by coco_canuck »

ukcanuck wrote: Uh, yes it does, you're on record as saying deterrence doesn't work. It doesn't protect the star players as the examples you gave are supposed to highlight.

You have in the past said that the extracurriculars draw unwanted penalties and that many cheap shot artists won't answer the bell anyway etc.

You've said also that old time hockey is no longer effective as the rules have changed things.
What are you even saying UK?

How many times do I have to clarify my position to you for you to get it?

You said I was against adding toughness to the team, and I responded by telling you the type of toughness the team needs and it's relative impact...which I STILL don't think precludes stars from being victims of cheap shots.

The MOST important part of having the right type of toughness is scoring more goals in the dirty areas, which was this team's NUMBER ONE problem in its loss to Boston.

The actually fighting/intimidation part of the right type of toughness is a side benefit with far less importance..and I've gone an and on about this point for 2 years.
ukcanuck wrote: However whenever anyone has posted a desire for players capable of the toughness that kassian displayed in dropping the gloves, you continually fall back on the same tired accusation "we don't need a fourth line plug or goon and your an idiot for suggesting it"

However that is NOT what people who disagree with you have been saying and its you who make assumptions and try to pin an erroneous argument on them and then deride them for it.
No, you accused me of flip flopping and inconsistency in my view, and I'm responding to that by saying that assertion is bullshit. And in the process I explained what I had said about the issue before and my views on it.

But please, continue on as if you were just innocently posting and I decided to bully you for no reason...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote: ...how u say...hutspah!!

rat :P
Gesundheit
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
rats19 wrote: ...how u say...hutspah!!

rat :P
Gesundheit
ok so i for got the C..see *said in best cagny voice*
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I have to say, was real impressed with ole Kassian there against the Oil. If he can play more like that, I will be a happy man. I may even lay off of Gillis for awhile, or at least until his next trade gaff.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:I have to say, was real impressed with ole Kassian there against the Oil. If he can play more like that, I will be a happy man. I may even lay off of Gillis for awhile, or at least until his next trade gaff.
The power of thc..... :!:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

CC and UK: Why can't we all just get along! :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:I have to say, was real impressed with ole Kassian there against the Oil. If he can play more like that, I will be a happy man. I may even lay off of Gillis for awhile, or at least until his next trade gaff.
This would be a classic example of hedging.