Sat. Jan 19, 2013 Ducks at Canucks HNIC 7pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Sat. Jan 19, 2013 Ducks at Canucks HNIC 7pm

Post by Hockey Widow »

Been waiting to do this!

Questions:

Who will start in net for the Canucks?
Who will centre our second line?
What will the defensive pairings be?
How will Kassian look?
Will Ballard still be on the team?
Will Booth bait a Dude?
The only HW the Canucks need
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Sat. Jan 19, 2013 Ducks at Canucks HNIC 7pm

Post by ukcanuck »

Am I the only one that hates that we don't have a natural rival? The big opening night triple header on CBC and everyone's got a natural dance partner and we get da ducks ... Can't wait for Phoenix to become the Seattle thunderbirds ... Er whatever.
if they could have put the jets In the west at least but even then they aren't really a natural rivalry..
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

ukcanuck wrote:Am I the only one that hates that we don't have a natural rival? The big opening night triple header on CBC and everyone's got a natural dance partner and we get da ducks ... Can't wait for Phoenix to become the Seattle thunderbirds ... Er whatever.
if they could have put the jets In the west at least but even then they aren't really a natural rivalry..
The league just figures we are trading Lou for Perry and picks following the game, and this makes it easier on both guys for travel :)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:Been waiting to do this!

Questions:

Who will start in net for the Canucks?
Schneider
Who will centre our second line?
Ebbett
What will the defensive pairings be?
Bieksa Hammer
Edler Garrison
Ballard Tanev
Alberts Vandermeer
How will Kassian look?
lost on the first line
Will Ballard still be on the team?
yes
Will Booth bait a Dude?
always
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

What are our forward lines?

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Ebbett MayRay

Hanson Lappy Higgins

sparepart#1 Malholtra sparepart#2

Unless I am mising something, I think we are gonna have another year of a crappy 4th line. Volpatti and Wiese? Our #13 and 14 forwards are not awe inspiring by any means.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Who will start in net for the Canucks? Cory
Who will centre our second line? There's no 2nd line, Lappy will get the most icetime, more than Ebbett.
What will the defensive pairings be? Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Garrison, Ballard, Vandermeer....shuffle around.
How will Kassian look? Like the Brabarian. :lol:
Will Ballard still be on the team? YES
Will Booth bait a Dude? I hope it's not Meerschaum or Matty in the stands..... :mex:

Go Canucks Go

ps: Fuck this shit, 3 weeks ago i told to myself not to spend anything on this league but renewed NHL Game Center today...
It's all 'bout the Canucks, fuck this league... :drink:

ps: Who will score the 1st goal? Mason Raaaaaymoooond..... :cheers: Already in game mode, did i miss something?
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

The player I'll have my eye on the most is Kassian. A lot turns on whether he can truly be a top 6 forward. If he can show that he can be that guy, it begins to address many issues for the Canucks. ZK could either be part of a more legit 2nd line, or move to the 1st line and let Burrows strengthen the 2nd line etc. It also would crank open the somewhat mythical window more if we can see him as a Canuck top 6 power forward for the next 5-10 years. I make no call on this because I really don't have a sense how good or bad he will turn it out to be...but when #9 is on the ice, I'll be looking for some hitting, smart play, and pace from him.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Agreed BC, but realistically our expectations may be a couple of years ahead of his growth and development possibilities. He is in a tough spot, I hope he can handle it between his ears..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Boston Canucker wrote:The player I'll have my eye on the most is Kassian. A lot turns on whether he can truly be a top 6 forward. If he can show that he can be that guy, it begins to address many issues for the Canucks. ZK could either be part of a more legit 2nd line, or move to the 1st line and let Burrows strengthen the 2nd line etc. It also would crank open the somewhat mythical window more if we can see him as a Canuck top 6 power forward for the next 5-10 years. I make no call on this because I really don't have a sense how good or bad he will turn it out to be...but when #9 is on the ice, I'll be looking for some hitting, smart play, and pace from him.
I find Kassian interesting too, mostly because of the things I heard about him being a power forward who forgets his size and starts to try and finesse too much. I wonder if maybe this will make him a perfect playoff fit for the Sedins. Maybe he has the right combination of skills that can keep up with the Sedin's on ice theatre AND be a counter to the idea that to beat the Sedins you have to be physical with them.
Pyatt was the last guy with that hope lets see if its the era of Cerebral Kassassian

Edit: could this be the accelerated expectation you meant Ratski ? :)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I think he needs to be a deterrent to sedin bashing immediately. It's the top 6 forward that we may have to wait for..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Hi folks,

Man is it good to be talking about the game again. Here's to a productive quick season and a successful playoffs!

I think its important to temper our expectations of Kassian, at least from a production stand point. I suspect the coaching staff has made it known to ZK that in order for him to succeed, he'll need to do what he can do best. Go to the dirty area's, play smart-responsible hockey, and stand up for himself and his mates. No one questions his skill set, it's his consistency of play within the teams' system that AV et al want to see. Should he prove capable of adapting to this, everything else should fall into place.

I'm intrigued to see:
-Obviously, how far ZK has come since last Spring
-What kind of game big #5 will bring, beyond the howitzer
-How #5 and a newly minted Edler will mesh as the top unit
-How effective Manny will be now that more time has passed with training/healing
-How Cory will respond to his first anointment of #1 guy.
and lastly,

how long I will last before re-activating our cable :drink:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Ray-Ebbett-Kass line should be alright imo, it's a good chemistry mix with speed/setup man/big brute.

Plus they don't have much expectation put on them to produce mad points as they are a temp line till RK17/Boother come back, so there shouldn't be that much pressure, they can just play relaxed a bit after the adrenaline rush is over from playing the first meaningful game in many moons.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Is Kassian playing with the Sedins?
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Is Kassian playing with the Sedins?
Not unless there's some line-shufflin pardner:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Ebbett - Kassian
Higgins - Lappy - Hansen
Volpatti - Manny - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Edler
Ballard - Tanev

Schneider
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hansen with the first goal.
Ray with GWG.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.