GDT: R1:G5 LA @ Vancouver 5PM Sun Apr 22 HNIC CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Re: GDT: R1:G5 LA @ Vancouver 5PM Sun Apr 22 HNIC CBC

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Enough with this "we lost to a better team" bullshit.

How many years in a row now???

LIke some other people stated, this Canucks team started off with the wrong attitude this season.

All those talks of preparing for playoffs, can't wait for it to start bs..

And guess what, dudes, or dudettes? YOUR playoff run is over and you still haven't turned on the switch yet!

There's going to be a fabulous GM fantasy show in Vancouver this summer

I can foresee

AV gone,
Raymond gone,
Ballard gone,
Luongo gone,
We trading one of our key pieces for an elite defenceman
As well as getting help for a top 6 winger (No, Hodgson was not a top 6 winger, sorry dude)
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

The Kings fully deserved tonight's victory.

The Canucks played hard and played reasonably well, but the Kings were too good.

Unlike Chicago/Boston, I hold no ill will or ill feelings about the Kings, the referees, or whoever.

My hats off to the Kings, and I wish them nothing but the best. St. Louis will be a much bigger challenge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Blame Raymond
We might if he was actually decent. But he is a garbage player that shouldn't even be in the league. 2.5 million for the worlds softest player
Blobby? C'mon bro. There are bigger fish to fry in this Off-season Trial. That being the Orchestrator Mike Gillis for for his idiotic trades.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

AV takes blame for being outworked. MG takes blame for being outsized.
Some guys were on their game, but not enough.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Gillis has a big job ahead of him. Neither of the goalies could be faulted in any way and now the question of who to keep is here and it should not be an issue of money if the Aquilini's truly want to win. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Coaching? We seemed to shrink back to the bad days of AV's defensive crapfest. Looked like a lack of preparation and over-confidence in looking ahead to later rounds. Don't like the line juggling. Not at all.

What to do with Raymond? Poor guy. I can't imagine what he's going through but his confidence is shot. Edler? What the hell happened?

Kassian. Mismanaged so far. I don't think he was given a specific role which seems to be something he'll need. He looked mightily confused most of the time. Reffing inconsistency didn't help but please - coaches - help this kid out.

Car flag. I guess it comes down. Fuck.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Farhan Lalji wrote:The Kings fully deserved tonight's victory.

The Canucks played hard and played reasonably well, but the Kings were too good.

Unlike Chicago/Boston, I hold no ill will or ill feelings about the Kings, the referees, or whoever.

My hats off to the Kings, and I wish them nothing but the best. St. Louis will be a much bigger challenge.
Sorry GM. I can never wish a Sutter team good wills.

Western Conference going to be a Nashville vs St.Louis show down imo.

And what are the characteristics of a successful team in this year's playoffs?

-Tough and systematic D and Great Goaltending and "some" offence for opportunistic goals

Canucks got good goaltending however failed to have that defence and even some minimal offence to carry them.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

At least the long break between games 4 and 5 allowed 3 other teams to get eliminated before us...
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

The Kings were the better team.Built for play-off hockey unlike us.

AV. I hope he stays,but I think Les Habs on in his future.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

I'm actually not devastated at all that they got eliminated, more so expected to see them eliminated :D

Tough way to end the season but a good timing to end the season right here.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Blame Raymond
We might if he was actually decent. But he is a garbage player that shouldn't even be in the league. 2.5 million for the worlds softest player
Blobby? C'mon bro. There are bigger fish to fry in this Off-season Trial. That being the Orchestrator Mike Gillis for for his idiotic trades.
MG has made some mistakes for sure. Hanging on to Raymond and drafting Hodgson instead of Karlssson and Myers are my biggest beefs.

Raymond is a loser. Hopefully he follows AV out of town ASAP.

I'd like to see 17 moved too, it's clear he needs playmakers because he is a puck hog.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Salo's interview - classy to the end.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

royaldude, I don't know you to well but I have to respectfully say your posts are some of the most dumb ass shit I've ever read. (by a regular poster of course.)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Awesome, we got play 3 more games than the Oilers. Yay Presidents Trophy, the big tease. What a crock a shit that prestigious award is. Flip the Switch, season over. Next!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 .....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blobby? C'mon bro. There are bigger fish to fry
My mistake.... Raymond is a fucking squid or an eel.

Seriously cut this sack of shit tomorrow MG he makes Geoff Sanderson look like a power forward.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”