GDT: R1:G5 LA @ Vancouver 5PM Sun Apr 22 HNIC CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R1:G5 LA @ Vancouver 5PM Sun Apr 22 HNIC CBC

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote:I am sad, not enough strong beer in the world to numb the pain( where the fuck are those so called hypocritical fans on here? ) is roallal dude right?! i think not....no way an armchair critic knows more than a player agent :P still hung over from last year....either way Cory or Roberto gives us a good return....see you MoFus™ next September....
You know I'm right Spiderman. I saw this coming in my previous life.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

LA deserved the series no shame in that. We had a great run last year and the changes we made this year all failed to help. Congrat's to LA.
Interesting note, the three teams through in the West are all SC virgins so lets hope Phoenix makes it four virgins in the West.

I like the LA team. I like what they have built. I don' feel that intense hatred towards them.

I think we could see it all year in the team. They were not as good as last year. I also agree with RD that outside of the top line our offensive flare has disappeared.

I'd like to see Salo back for one more year at his current cap hit, unless we land a big stud of course. But I can't see us getting that done in the off season. No one really out there and I think the way Nashville is playing both Suter and Weber are going to stay put. If Suter leaves I think he will be headed to Detroit.

Well, enough hockey. I'll be cheering for Ottawa in the East and Phoenix in the West. I'd love Pyatt to get a ring.
The only HW the Canucks need
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

clem wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
clem wrote:Salo's interview - classy to the end.
Hopefully he is at an end with this team. Great guy but he is like an overdone burger on the grill for a week
I'd like to see him stay on as a D coach.

When fresh, he always seems to do the right thing at the right time, but...
old guys get tired quicker when they play.
Unfortunately, I agree that Salo should retire. I love the guy but he just does not have it anymore. When was the last time he used his big blast from the point? Defensively, he is positionally sound but his foot speed is just not there.

Wishlist:

Luongo and Edler to Tampa for Malone and Hedman
Kesler to Anaheim for Getzlaf
Raymond to wherever for a pick
Fire AV and the asistant coaches
Re-sign Pahlsson to a reasonable contract and trade Malhotra if possible.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:LA deserved the series no shame in that. We had a great run last year and the changes we made this year all failed to help. Congrat's to LA.
Interesting note, the three teams through in the West are all SC virgins so lets hope Phoenix makes it four virgins in the West.

I like the LA team. I like what they have built. I don' feel that intense hatred towards them.

I think we could see it all year in the team. They were not as good as last year. I also agree with RD that outside of the top line our offensive flare has disappeared.

I'd like to see Salo back for one more year at his current cap hit, unless we land a big stud of course. But I can't see us getting that done in the off season. No one really out there and I think the way Nashville is playing both Suter and Weber are going to stay put. If Suter leaves I think he will be headed to Detroit.

Well, enough hockey. I'll be cheering for Ottawa in the East and Phoenix in the West. I'd love Pyatt to get a ring.
DudeFag, you never played the game....you know nothing...St. Louis will be in the final...LaLa is nothing, they are nothing, you know that, any true hockey fan knows that....I agree with Ottava...I will cheer them on...everything else is shyte...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

8-) n
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Yes Nonis was the best wasn't he?????????
And what exactly has Gillis done? The only Players that matter on this team came from the previous regimes
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Jovocop wrote:
clem wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Unfortunately, I agree that Salo should retire. I love the guy but he just does not have it anymore. When was the last time he used his big blast from the point? Defensively, he is positionally sound but his foot speed is just not there.

Wishlist:

you rate a poor mans GM 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote: Wishlist:

Pahlsson is key on that list
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Thank You Dan Hamhuis for your amazing attempt to rush the puck up the ice under pressure in sudden death OT with the season on the line.

Thank You Alex Edler for being the WORST Canuck to lace up skates in the playoffs this year.

Thank You Alain Vigneault for once again proving that you are a coach that is only as good as the players on your bench.

Thank You Mike Gillis for caving and giving Vigneault his "shutdown hockey" team.

Gillis can redeem himself by trading Luongo, firing Vigneault, and dumping Edler.

Obviously it should be a given that Raymond will not be back.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Whatever happens the rest of the way this year please dear hockey gods don't let the Bruins win the Cup. I've suffered enough, show mercy...and if you've got any heart at all, have them chucked out by the Caps on wed.

I predict Nashville wins the Cup. They've got all the pieces and every few years a southern team has to win in Bettman's NHL. That would mean the cities of Dallas, Tampa, Raleigh, and Nashville all get a Cup parade before we do.

Ah, ain't love grand!
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

RoyalDude wrote:
Jovocop wrote: Wishlist:

Pahlsson is key on that list
Got to have your shut down hockey.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We need to make serious changes to the roster much like what the Flyers did last year. Get younger and get some players of the top 6 forward caliber and top 4 defenseman caliber. Tinkering with the bottom 6 forward group and 5 & 6 d-men will do fuck all. We need a 2nd line and a premier d-man
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

RoyalDude wrote:We need to make serious changes to the roster much like what the Flyers did last year. Get younger and get some players of the top 6 forward caliber and top 4 defenseman caliber. Tinkering with the bottom 6 forward group and 5 & 6 d-men will do fuck all. We need a 2nd line and a premier d-man

So many people jumped all over the Flyers for making drastic changes to their team and dumping their big names. Look where it got them.....
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:We need to make serious changes to the roster much like what the Flyers did last year. Get younger and get some players of the top 6 forward caliber and top 4 defenseman caliber. Tinkering with the bottom 6 forward group and 5 & 6 d-men will do fuck all. We need a 2nd line and a premier d-man
Didn't you use to work on Bay Street?!....
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

No. We have top 4 defensemen. We need a top 1 defenseman.

Luongo and Edler should be enough to wrest someone away from somewhere. If Ryan Suter hits the UFA market then snatch him up and waive someone if you have to. Bieksa, Hamhuis, Ballard, Edler, Salo, all of those guys are good enough to play in any team's top 4. We need a bonafied stud on the blueline. Luongo has a NTC, not a NMC. If he won't waive his NTC then you simply waive him and take the compensation in order to clear cap space. This is a business and it is bad business to let Schneider go (or trade him) and go forward with a 33 year old goaltender who has 2-3 good years left when you can go forward with a guy who is going to bring you a decade worth of solid work in the crease.

I agree, we have LOTS of talent to play with in our bottom 6. Malhotra, Pahlsson, Lapierre, Hansen, Weise, Kassian, Volpatti. Lots of depth in spots 7-12.

Top 6 is where the tinkering needs to happen, I would even be willing to see Kesler traded if it changed the dynamic up. This is the time where I look back and have to think that the Hodgson/Kassian deal was a bad one. It would have been worth it to try Hodgson on the 2nd line and "demote" Kesler to a 3rd line role where he is shutting down the other team and scoring off of his forced turnovers. That is where he excels, let him do it. Too late though. But Kesler's NTC starts when the puck drops next season, he is tradeable now, won't be after that.

Keepers: Hank, Dank, Burrows, Higgins, Hansen, Lapierre, Schneider, Hamhuis. The rest are expendable.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote:Raymond to wherever for a pick
Raymond is UFA. Nobody is going to give us anything for a guy that we are going to let walk. Especially when we can't even give them his rights in return.