GDT: R1:G5 LA @ Vancouver 5PM Sun Apr 22 HNIC CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: R1:G5 LA @ Vancouver 5PM Sun Apr 22 HNIC CBC

Post by clem »

Outworked, outsized, outplayed.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hurts less. Still sucks.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

let the hunger games begin...
NorCalNucks
CC Rookie

Post by NorCalNucks »

What a disappointing way to end your season but I guess now they will have more time to condition and gel together. Hopefully Gillis can make some meaningful signing. Our goalies can held their heads up high but hopefully our forwards and defencemen will work hard to redeem themselves next year..
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

yup... gotta say, the better team won.
cc oldtimer
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

The better team won.

Those missed chances by Dank were killer.

No secondary scoring.

Congratulations to the LA Kings.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Well that's all she wrote.

We lost to a better team, and did not deserve to win that series.

Fucking sucks.

Kesler, Edler, Raymond and Hamhuis were all pretty awful. Hamhuis didn't have his stabalizing presence back there. The forwards offered no support. The Sedins cannot play in their own zone and there is no chance of a goal in the bottom half of the lineup.

Gillis has some work to do over the summer.

The team said all season long the playoffs were what mattered. Well this team choked hard.

The team said at the deadline they needed to be ready for "playoff hockey" and "close games". They couldn't win 2 games.

Tough questions and a lot of time to answer them. Ultimately this team is obviously not good enough.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Canucks got exactly what they deserved. They came into this playoffs with precisely the wrong attitude. All this nonsense about a long run and their vaunted playoff experience. They got bitchslapped by a more confident, better prepared and assertive team. Last season's Cup Final loss was devastating. I still run what if scenarios in my head. But this year, I wish they hadn't lost of course, but I can't say I'm devastated. If only the Caps had beat the Bruins. This would be easier.

I predict AV is gone, excellent coach but I do think they need a new voice. He turned the room over to the team and they didn't carry out their task. The other big move, obviously, is the goalie situation. I want Gillis to look for more of a stud D.

Let the trade/move speculation really begin now!
Last edited by Boston Canucker on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blame Raymond
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Brick Tamland
CC Veteran

Post by Brick Tamland »

Well on to Game of Thrones.

What a disapointement. All i can say is we better only have 1 starting goalie next year, whatever piece either one could have gotten us sure could have helped.

I can't belive how badly our second line did offensively...
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Go Sens! :cry:

Well, at least they made it entertaining.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Blame Raymond
We might if he was actually decent. But he is a garbage player that shouldn't even be in the league. 2.5 million for the worlds softest player
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

After all the Blame Raymond smoke has cleared its time for Gillis to take a bow. Cause he is the one who has to stand trial for this debacle
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Ultimately this team is obviously not good enough.
Don't know if that's true. They weren't good enough to beat the Kings this time, but every year is a crap shoot.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

mathonwy wrote:The better team won.
No, the team who played better won. I will never concede that the Kings are the better team, but they played better than Vancouver and that's why they're through. It took the first two games for Vancouver to wake up, and then by that time it was desperation mode and the boys couldn't get back into sync.

If they were going to lose out this year, better in the 1st round and have a longer off-season with some harder soul-searching than losing again in the SCF and dealing with a bunch who think they're still close and not have enough time to heal up for the next season.

Hope Kesler gets some extra surgery because his hip still isn't what it used to be. Hope Gillis takes a hard look at where the league is going (circa late 70s) and takes serious steps to mold the team to adapt to where the league is going vice where it says it's going.

Oh well, the Kings get to look forward to the Blues. Hope Backes violently introduces his stick to the back of Brown's neck in game one. If ever there was an impunitive fuck more deserving of some career threatening violence, it's that puke.

Guess I'll cheer for Ottawa the rest of the playoffs.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.