GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Pull your head out. The team stopped scoring shortly after Christmas. The deadline has fuck all to do with why the scoring and PP dried up. You think not having a 5ft 9 1/2 lead footed centre with good hands and no defensive game is what ails this team? Wake up FArhan. You been drinking the dudes kool aid.
I share similar opinions to Royaldude but they aren't 1:1. I'm my own man with my own opinions and could careless about RD's opinions (although I do enjoy reading his posts).

It's a moot point now - but I think Hodgson had the ability to score that KEY goal against a weak 3rd/4th line.......or score that all but crucial goal on a 2nd PP unit.

Having no defensive game is a moot point. That's what we have Lapierre and Malhottra for.........along with Kesler. As he did against Toews and Thornton last year, Kesler could have been used to shut them down.....and be an offensive threat.

But again - it's a moot point. CoHo's gone and so I shouldn't have even mentioned it.

However - I'm my own man with my own opinions. I'm not Royaldude's lackey.
You are missing my point GM. THE OFFENSIVE GAME DRIED UP MONTHS AGO. IT HAD FUCK ALL TO DO WITH COHO BEING DEALT. Hodgson was on a 20 point pace from about game 40. The top players (and the pp) on the Canucks dried up. That's on them and the coaching staff and doesn't have anything to do with Coho being moved.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Oh my god. Hammer and Bieksa (I think) almost got caught there.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: You are missing my point GM. THE OFFENSIVE GAME DRIED UP MONTHS AGO. IT HAD FUCK ALL TO DO WITH COHO BEING DEALT. Hodgson was on a 20 point pace from about game 40. The top players (and the pp) on the Canucks dried up. That's on them and the coaching staff and doesn't have anything to do with Coho being moved.
They won't ever get it Blob. They will re-write history and insist on pointing out that Hodgson was an offensive Centre that could've fixed all our problems.

Kesler not scoring in 15 games is a legit concern. Pahlsson has more than adequately replaced Hodgson's hole on the roster (THIRD line Centre).

Fuck scoring from the bottom six, this team requires PRIMARY scoring. If we can't get Kesler going we won't be going anywhere.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
donlever wrote:
ODB wrote: Thanks for the heads up... runs and smashes radio!
Y'all still got them radio thangs in the prairies there boss?
Probably a ham radio out there.
iTunes Radio...Radio Paradise....bud
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Corb wrote:This still looks like Kings hockey to me.
Oh just fuck off will you, concreteboy :drink:
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

For the first time this series we have a combination that passes quick enough to make the Kings pay for being too aggessive on the puck.

No prize for guessing who.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Been enjoying P.J. Stock's commentary lately. Makes Ron MacLean look like he's out of touch.

We're still a couple of bad bounces away from losing this series ... need to keep the pressure and domination going. I won't relax until we're up 4-1.
Last edited by 5thhorseman on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

clem wrote:For the first time this series we have a combination that passes quick enough to make the Kings pay for being too aggessive on the puck.

No prize for guessing who.
I'm sure it wasn't Hodgson and Sulzer. :P
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

5thhorseman wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:On an unrelated note, I am a bit disappointed that the spelling/pronunciation of dhabums is d habums.
I always thought it was "da bums" as in "da Bears", or "da Bulls" ala old SNL, for those of you old enough to have enjoyed.

I agree, the Nucks fuckin' Suck so far tonight. But I'm a fan. I'm a believer. I don't think it will go down without a fight ... they've just been too tentative so far and now coming from behind they have no choice but to play without fear. TBH I don't know why Burrows isn't back on the top line. It's the time to count on what's worked not the time to some new untried combination. Kes on the top line would be a better bet.
It is, along with LandShark!™ Sadly, some are truly clueless to true genius :(
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chris Higgins is useless. Send him back to Calgary where he was before Florida, and send Pahlsson with him....and Malhotra.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Way to go Hank .Perfect sneaky elbow went undetected. I love it.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Arachnid wrote:It is, along with LandShark!™ Sadly, some are truly clueless to true genius :(
Sadly, I am a bit younger than you, it appears.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: You are missing my point GM. THE OFFENSIVE GAME DRIED UP MONTHS AGO. IT HAD FUCK ALL TO DO WITH COHO BEING DEALT. Hodgson was on a 20 point pace from about game 40. The top players (and the pp) on the Canucks dried up. That's on them and the coaching staff and doesn't have anything to do with Coho being moved.
They won't ever get it Blob. They will re-write history and insist on pointing out that Hodgson was an offensive Centre that could've fixed all our problems.

Kesler not scoring in 15 games is a legit concern. Pahlsson has more than adequately replaced Hodgson's hole on the roster (THIRD line Centre).

Fuck scoring from the bottom six, this team requires PRIMARY scoring. If we can't get Kesler going we won't be going anywhere.
He's still effected by the hip surgery....no confidence or core release...can't figure out his diving, not the 17 I met...probably a female influence 8-)

This just in, CBC The National will have a piece on 'vicious hockey hits...no fucking shit taxpayer network...Buttman is an American lawyer who was wrong about moving the game south....speaking of but mans...where the hell is Clam?! :evil:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

5thhorseman wrote: Makes Ron MacLean look like he's out of touch.
You ever notice how bad Ron MacLean's teeth are? Terrible. It's a very british thing he's got going on with his bad teeth look.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

5thhorseman wrote:
Arachnid wrote:It is, along with LandShark!™ Sadly, some are truly clueless to true genius :(
Sadly, I am a bit younger than you, it appears.
Gladly, I know that women actually love it in the Pagan™ ;)