GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Post by Topper »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote: Was at Save-On at Highgate, Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" goes on their speakers, a staff member walks out the back in his Kesler jersey...coincidence?
Were you seriously there?!?!?! Holy smokes. You were literally in my neck of the woods (I used to live right behind the Me N' Eds Pizza place).

I live in dirty ol' Alberta now (as of March).
Young Topper grew up a few blocks from there. Twelve to twenty two (Daniel's # - coincidence). Played plenty of street hockey in the lacrosse box on Humphries. Skateboarded on the wall at Weiser Locks.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Topper wrote: Young Topper grew up a few blocks from there. Twelve to twenty two (Daniel's # - coincidence). Played plenty of street hockey in the lacrosse box on Humphries. Skateboarded on the wall at Weiser Locks.
Niiiice.

I hope to move back to Vancouver in 18-24 months assuming that I do well in my current position and the one above mine comes up in Van.

p.s.____________Speaking of Alberta, god DAMN these guys hate Vancouver. It's incredible. I'd say atleast 20-30% of what they saw on here on 960 The Fan, is a bash towards the Canucks. It's unreal.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I read a story that a couple of Canuck fans, sober, were driving around (somewhere near Edmonton I think it was) waving team flags and basically giving it the old rah rah go team.

100% within the limits of the law and not overdoing it a bit?

Probably not but reportedly well within the realm of sober, good, clean fun.

But the Cops didn't like it one bit.

Each of them got fined over 4 bills and told to cut it the fuck out.
DeLevering since 1999.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

All in today. They have to resist the urge to do it alone and keep up the pressure. They have been working hard and deserve a better fate than being down 3-0 but thats what we have.

They say the 4th game is the hardest to win, we found that out last year. We will see how LA responds to the pressure and if Quick is made of gold. It would be nice if our work paid off with a couple of 1st period goals.

Here is hoping Dank doesn't get cranked again and that Cory doesn't let in one single bad goal. For both their futures!

Go Canucks and I believe in Blue
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:All in today. They have to resist the urge to do it alone and keep up the pressure. They have been working hard and deserve a better fate than being down 3-0 but thats what we have.

They say the 4th game is the hardest to win, we found that out last year. We will see how LA responds to the pressure and if Quick is made of gold. It would be nice if our work paid off with a couple of 1st period goals.

Here is hoping Dank doesn't get cranked again and that Cory doesn't let in one single bad goal. For both their futures!

Go Canucks and I believe in Blue
Maybe I should be drinking a 2-fer of Blue
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:I read a story that a couple of Canuck fans, sober, were driving around (somewhere near Edmonton I think it was) waving team flags and basically giving it the old rah rah go team.

I go out late at night on my bike and my hockey stick eh?! and whack makebaleaf fans in their arses...all I ever got was praise from the in-my-pocket hog-coppers 8-)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Arachnid wrote:
I go out late at night on my bike and my hockey stick eh?! and whack makebaleaf fans in their arses...all I ever got was praise from the in-my-pocket hog-coppers 8-)
This is something you maybe don't want to be bragging about in front of God and eveyone else?
DeLevering since 1999.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

donlever wrote:I read a story that a couple of Canuck fans, sober, were driving around (somewhere near Edmonton I think it was) waving team flags and basically giving it the old rah rah go team.

Based on what I've seen from Alberta so far, that doesn't surprise me one bit unfortunately.

It's not just the hockey team that Albertan's despise. For the most part, they simply do not like Vancouverites in general. It's a bit disturbing and perplexing. :|

Having said that - I have noticed that a few radio personalities here have acknowledged the fact that the Canucks would probably be doing better if Daniel was in the line up.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Farhan Lalji wrote: It's a bit disturbing and perplexing. :|
Jealousy.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
This is something you maybe don't want to be bragging about in front of God and eveyone else?
I have to have something to bragg aboot, everyones else does on here...like....'I told you we suck' 8-)

3.25 hours....history...his story...hysterectomy....will be performed....
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

clem wrote:
Jealousy.
It's too bad really. 4-5 years ago, I would've been angered at their behavior and probably would have phoned up 960 to say something on air. Now? I just feel bad for them. Not even as hockey fans, but as human beings. What the hell has jealousy and/or hatred ever achieved in life?

Sometime in 2015/2016 when the Oilers are dominating and the Canucks are poo'ing it up, I hope that Vancouverites don't act in a similar manner.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Sometime in 2015/2016 when the Oilers are dominating and the Canucks are poo'ing it up, I hope that Vancouverites don't act in a similar manner.
Meh, history repeating itself, been there done that.

Hillbillies.

:D
DeLevering since 1999.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
clem wrote:
Jealousy.
It's too bad really. 4-5 years ago, I would've been angered at their behavior and probably would have phoned up 960 to say something on air. Now? I just feel bad for them. Not even as hockey fans, but as human beings. What the hell has jealousy and/or hatred ever achieved in life?

It goes beyond the Canucks.

Look out the window. Can you see any leaves (or blossoms) yet? Have you mentioned to anyone there that there's a couple thousand palm trees growing around Vancouver (there's a Palm & Exotic Plant Society), with no need to take them indoors in the winter? Be careful who you bring it up with. :look:
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

clem wrote:
Look out the window. Can you see any leaves yet? Have you mentioned to anyone there that there's a couple thousand palm trees growing around Vancouver (there's a Palm & Exotic Plant Society), with no need to take them indoors in the winter? Be careful who you bring it up with. :look:
True, but it's not like Alberta doesn't have its advantages as well. Lower cost of living, higher wages, less tax, better for small businesses, higher commissions on products sold ( ;) ), and that little thing called oil.

The people here are cool and I've made some good friends here already (I'm still getting used to the idea of not seeing someone Chinese on a daily basis), but it's almost like they've been brainwashed to despise everything about Vancouver and Vancouverites (although there are exceptions obviously).

On that note - a lot of the people here where I'm at also strongly dislike either Edmonton or Calgary (I don't live anywhere near either city) and so that's amusing as well. :)
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
True, but it's not like Alberta doesn't have its advantages as well.
Bin there, done that. Everyplace has it's pros & cons. Alberta is a great place to get ahead - with a different kind of living cost.
The people here are cool and I've made some good friends here already
I found that the average person there is more open to meeting strangers than in Van. The folks made fun of here (canuckscorner) aren't typical.

However, most people's idea of R&R makes the grass look greener west of the mountains. Tell me true.