GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
They won't ever get it Blob. They will re-write history and insist on pointing out that Hodgson was an offensive Centre that could've fixed all our problems.

Kesler not scoring in 15 games is a legit concern. Pahlsson has more than adequately replaced Hodgson's hole on the roster (THIRD line Centre).

Fuck scoring from the bottom six, this team requires PRIMARY scoring. If we can't get Kesler going we won't be going anywhere.
Nope. I got it.

Unlike you, I'm not a [Mod Edit] and I can admit fault.

To your credit, you are correct that this team needs far more primary scoring.
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

Post game checklist:

1. Finally able to give Mason Raymond a 10 on a fly by....check
2. Lull them into a false sense of securtiy by giving up the first goal...check
3. Don’t tire yourself out in the first period...check
4. Score a powerplay goal when they take a dumb penalty...check
5. Score a lucky goal...check
6. Shoot the puck into the net from the slot rather than into the goalie or miss the net..check
7. Have your goaltender “stand on his head” stopping the puck and not give up any soft goals...check
8. Have your goal tender have some lucky bounces....check
9. Have a goal called off by a hated referee who never gives you a break....check
10. Have your goaltender stop a penalty shot...check
11. Don’t hit Mitchell because he used to be a Canuck...check
12. Have your checking center go into offensive corners to try to dig the puck out and be lost on the backcheck when you turn it over....check
13. Not be able to get the puck out of your end multiple times to keep the fans interested....check
14. Not have Kessler and his line do anything offensively, and only be -1 defensively....check
15. Practice positioning after loosing draws....check
16. Let their fourth line outplay us and suck Sutter into playing them more when they don’t have much of a chance of scoring despite all their energy....check
17. Fart around with the puck in your own zone near the end of the game to give the fans palpitations...check
18. Have all your forwards except one save their goals for the next game....check
19. Give Tanev more practice at recovering from turnovers...check
20. Win the game....check
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Go Canucks, Go Dannyboy Go

I have the feeling the whole team was playing better just because of his presence esp. on pp.
If he stays ready for playing and Schneids reserve his magic, the light ray of light on the horizon will become a wonderful sunrise. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Much better....but there was only about..6 mins of the team that could be. Cory was great, if Kesler and booth and the rest play better and we get on that high end canuck roll...earthquake country is In for heartache..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Farhan Lalji wrote:I missed the end of the game unfortunately due to a friend of mine having an emergency (had to drive him to the hospital, he's fine), but I'm glad we won. The last thing I saw was the penalty shot.
A true friend would have waited until the game was over.

Reef, Glad we are both disappointed this morning.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:I missed the end of the game unfortunately due to a friend of mine having an emergency (had to drive him to the hospital, he's fine), but I'm glad we won. The last thing I saw was the penalty shot.
A true friend would have waited until the game was over.

Reef, Glad we are both disappointed this morning.
Amen brother, did win $21 as I bet on Pits/Nucks to win. 1 more win to go.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

5thhorseman wrote: You know, I recently returned from jolly old England after being abroad for 8 years. Missed a lot of hockey during that time
LB has been a broad all her life and gets to see plenty of hockey. don't make excuses.
Last edited by Rayxor on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

mathonwy wrote:Yeah.. how about that Manny Malholtra eh RD?
Absolutely massive! Don't know where we'd be without him. A real offensive dynamo in the mold of the great Ryan Johnson. Him, Lappy, Pahlly, Higgy, Hansey, Kassy...all real massive for us. The Sedins, Burr, Hammy and Ginger would be nothing without 'em.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I just love the people slagging Luongo, throwing him under the bus, like it's been his fault all along why we are in this position. The Hockey intellect around here is huge.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

mathonwy wrote:
CrzyCanuck wrote:Only if Lapierre can teach Kassian or Booth something about carrying the puck like a power forward.

Sheesh, that was awesome
Lappy has much better hands than Booth. He just doesn't have the speed.
Lappy surprises me sometimes. Sometimes he's got the stone hands of Steve Bernier, then the next minute he's dipsy doodling like Kyle Wellwood.

As for having better hands than Booth, it doesn't take much to having better hands than the Heathen.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:I rather have Lapierre than Raymond.
I didn't know there wasn't enough room for the two of them on the same team?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Well, it was nice to see that AV finally realized that the two blind mice Kesler and Booth should not play together.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Rayxor wrote:
5thhorseman wrote: You know, I recently returned from jolly old England after being abroad for 8 years. Missed a lot of hockey during that time
LB has been a broad all her life and gets to see plenty of hockey. don't make excuses.
Yeah, did for a while, but got tired of getting up at 3am to watch a game every other day. Got interested in football instead.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fuck scoring from the bottom six, this team requires PRIMARY scoring. If we can't get Kesler going we won't be going anywhere.
Well, every once in a while the top 6 struggles to score, that is when hopefully, you have some bodies in the bottom 6 that can take up the slack every once in awhile, hence secondary scoring or support scoring. But, uh, our bottom 6 couldn't score to save their lives.

I had a great chuckle when I saw AV trying out Pahlsson at centre in the 2nd Unit PP in practice. A guy who in his entire 12 year career has only once scored over 10 goals which was 11.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

clem wrote:If there's anyone out in Northern California reading this................

.................your welcome.

for everyone in Canada outside BC, fuck you we're still alive