GDT: Game 3 Vancouver @ LA Kings - April 15 7:30pm - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Game 3 Vancouver @ LA Kings - April 15 7:30pm - CBC

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:
SKYO wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Cory's in!

8-)
Schneider is starting?

For whatever reason this team plays better when he's in.
I don't think this is necessarily true.
Yes it is :twisted:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

SKYO wrote:
Cornuck wrote:According to TSN

Forwards:
Burrows - H. Sedin - Hansen
Higgins - Kesler - Booth
Raymond - Pahlsson - Lapierre
Kassian - Malhotra - Weise

Defence:
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Tanev

Goaltender:
Schnieder
Luongo
Instead of Weise I'd put in Reinprecht or Ebbett as we could use more offense right now.
Reinprecht....hmmmmmmmmmm.......
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I just watched the replay of Ottawa's captain getting mugged in NY. When I think about the way Keith did Danny and what that does to the team I cannot figure out why it is allowed. They are acts of premeditated violence, not hockey plays. Why should one fool like Keith be able to have such an impact on another team and its fans by deliberately going after our top goal scorer. Not only do we lose him but his brother loses his winger and the impact is felt down the line. I can tell the difference between hockey play and mugging. It is specious to pretend we cannot.

We are going into LA tonite with a shot at winning. If we win this game we are back in it. They got to do it sooner or later don't they? Schneider is a good move but I hope it is not too little too late. I don't think so. Go Canucks and make it so we play the Blackhawks soomewhere along the line. Hope Danny gets well soon. real soon.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

mathonwy wrote:
SKYO wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Cory's in!

8-)
Schneider is starting?

For whatever reason this team plays better when he's in.
I don't think this is necessarily true.
I believe this to be true.

Hank has to be the man here if we are to win this hardcore series.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

coco_canuck wrote:
Cornuck wrote:
As much as I hate hockey clichés- this is the 'biggest game of the season'.

We just need to relax, play our game, got back to the basics...shit - more hockey clichés. :?

Just win this motherfuckin' game!!

GO CANUCKS GO!
Just win baby.
Ummm ditto. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: I will watch this sober, WF said change GDR so I do, I will also not sacrifice the neighbours Chihuahua puppies to the Hockey Gods™ I have instead decided to pray to the one true God™ that strangedove follows....
Arachnid wrote: OK, I never start GDTs and I never make score predictions and I never pray to just one god...

3-2 in OT for the Orcas!
Reminds me of when Costanza said:

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

If this works we may just hafta baptize you! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: I will watch this sober, WF said change GDR so I do, I will also not sacrifice the neighbours Chihuahua puppies to the Hockey Gods™ I have instead decided to pray to the one true God™ that strangedove follows....
Arachnid wrote: OK, I never start GDTs and I never make score predictions and I never pray to just one god...

3-2 in OT for the Orcas!
Reminds me of when Costanza said:

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

If this works we may just hafta baptize you! :thumbs:
Whaaaa??? g-damn you Spidey...what's a chihuahua life worth??? ohhh gotta get the f'n pc flowin yeah???? f that don't sacrifice it but if he bothers you and you've warned your neighbors...all bets are off!@!
love ya &Namaste. WildNinja
not that i would
Namaste WF
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Can't wait for this game. Too bad it starts at 4:30 am!

I'm as big of a Luo supporter as there is but I like the call to start Schneider. Luo was terrific in game 1, average in game 2, and easily the best player on the Canucks thus far but the team needs a major shakeup. As many have mentioned, if the unthinkable happens and we go down in flames at least we won't be asking ourselves "what if?"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

If Canucks show 1/100 of the emotion that is happening in Philly and Pits game, they would win tonight.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I agree with the sentiment that the Canucks plays somewhat better with Schneider in net......and it's sad in a way (but understandable unfortunately).

I do feel for Lou, but I think his time in Vancouver is done. I might be wrong, but I think the Schneider start tonight pretty much signifies it.....regardless of whether the Canucks come back to defeat LA in this series or not.

Personally? I would have made Schneider the #1 goalie after January 7th as opposed to now, but it is what it is.

As always - gooooooo Canucks goooooooo!!!!!!!

We might be down, but we sure as fuck are not out.
Last edited by Farhan Lalji on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Reefer2 wrote:If Canucks show 1/100 of the emotion that is happening in Philly and Pits game, they would win tonight.
I can't remember who said this (Royaldude?), but those Richard's and Carter deals really helped Philly a lot. It took a lot of balls to make those types of trades, but the Flyers depth is absolutely unreal. I completely underestimated Philly and they are making the Penguins their girlfriends' right now.

I pity the "foo" that ends up playing these guys in the next round (assuming that the Flyers advance).
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

As big a pecimist as I am, I will say this.....

IF Vancouver wins tonight they will have evened the odds of taking the series. We were down 2-1 going into game 3 last time we faced LA in 2010. We won that one in 6. As bad as they have been, the Canucks are a good enough team to build on a single road win and take control.

Tonight is still a mighty big "IF" though, because we haven't seen anything from them for 2 games.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Mëds wrote:As big a pecimist as I am, I will say this.....

IF Vancouver wins tonight they will have evened the odds of taking the series. We were down 2-1 going into game 3 last time we faced LA in 2010. We won that one in 6. As bad as they have been, the Canucks are a good enough team to build on a single road win and take control.

Tonight is still a mighty big "IF" though, because we haven't seen anything from them for 2 games.
I agree with you for the most part Mëds.

I will say this though - I think the Canucks outplayed the Kings in Game 2, and if they cut down on their mistakes, I think we are the better team. The Canucks have been an excellent road team all year and I expect to see more or less the same tonight. In a weird retarded sort of way, I think Pitsburgh losing to the Flyers earlier today takes a little bit of pressure off (or maybe just for me?).
stoneboat
AHL Prospect

Post by stoneboat »

No word from Tant lately? I hope when he crawls out from his storm shelter, the sun is shining, the house is in one piece and the Canucks have taken one back from the Kings. Still think they should have Lapierre on the first instead of Hansen -- not because I don't think Hansen is the better player, but I prefer seeing him excel in his role as a checker, rather than slow his game down trying to be a scorer. On that second line, Higgins needs to make more of an impact - win the board battles and get the puck onto his linemates' sticks.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Mëds wrote:As big a pecimist as I am, I will say this.....

I agree with you for the most part Mëds.

I will say this though - I think the Canucks outplayed the Kings in Game 2, and if they cut down on their mistakes, I think we are the better team. The Canucks have been an excellent road team all year and I expect to see more or less the same tonight. In a weird retarded sort of way, I think Pitsburgh losing to the Flyers earlier today takes a little bit of pressure off (or maybe just for me?).
The Canucks actually beat the Kings 5-on-5 in both games. 2-1 in game 1. 2-1 in game 2.

If the Canucks start getting some real chances and shots on Quick rather than 45 shots from the outside with nobody around for a rebound (which Quick has been giving up plenty of), then this series will go back to Vancouver tied at 2.