GDT: Game 3 Vancouver @ LA Kings - April 15 7:30pm - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blaster86
CC Veteran

Re: GDT: Game 3 Vancouver @ LA Kings - April 15 7:30pm - CBC

Post by Blaster86 »

The team is the same, but it's not the same as it was.

Missing Daniel hurts bad.

I am a lot more open to Edler being part of a package to bring in a "Weber" type. He has another gear, but won't use it.

Don't think firing AV is the answer. Don't think major changes are necessary. Womething was off all year and we were fooling ourselves thinking that the play-offs starting would change that.

Philly proved it was possible two years ago, but I don't know if the Canucks will amp it up now.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Sure we out shot them, but did we really have any good shots?

Edler..... what happened to this guy? Is he playing with a concussion?

Anything can happen, but I don't see this group winning 4 in a row.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

RoyalDude wrote:Why are you obsessed with Nash, Farhan? He's a very expensive player on the down side of his career, are you trying to turn us into the Glen Sather Rangers of the West?
Isn't Nash like 26-27 years old? If so - that's hardly the downside of his career eh?

In my opinion, Canucks just need someone that can give us two legitimate dangerous scoring line..........to the point where elite shut down pairings/centers/whoever will have to choose between one.

Canucks' team defense is still excellent for the most part, but they just can't seem to get anyone to successfully drive towards the net. Yeah - they get a shitload of shots, but as was the case against Boston, they seem to come from the outside. Very rarely do we get great chances in the slot.

I don't know what to do at this point. The Canucks have a tremendous core but I can't fathom why as to Gillis didn't get us the necessary scoring help at the deadline.

Just unbelievably disappointed right now. The series isn't over yet, but it's going to take something miraculous.

We deserve to be up 2-1 in this series but are now down 3-0.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I Believe In Blue
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote:Kass should take Brown out.
He doesn't have the energy.
Don't be an idiot. You tell us to back off Raymond yet you pile on a 20 year old kid playing 6 minutes a game.

you have a couple mongos licking your butt gravy - enjoy it.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I believe that I will not be watching anymore hockey next week.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Wow..... :(

The guys played well enough to win and were doing all the right things. Even though Quick was saving everything, I had the feeling that all it would take was a couple more shots and the dam would burst. And then one missed face-off, followed by a scramble and one of the few bad rebounds Schneider served up and that's the game.

Edler.... loved that hit he made but then the mother of all brain-cramps. They say he has ice in his veins, but this guy has lately been a nervous nellie in the playoffs.

Down 3-0, hell of a mountain to climb. Thing is, compared to the last couple of games I have a feeling that if the Canucks keep playing this way next game, they will win. I had the same feeling in game 6 last year when the Canucks still lost, but you could tell they had their game more in order. A loss is still a loss, but I don't feel so bad after this one.

Farhan gets flak for his love of Nash, but you really see how the 2nd line is one piece away from breaking through. If the Canucks do fall in the 1st round, I see that being a priority Gillis will fix. Kesler won't go anywhere. He just needs to spend the summer getting his shot back and working on 'using his wingers better.' The question marks are his wingers. Has Booth reached his ceiling? Who would fit? Another scorer or a play-maker? Unless some productive chemistry materializes over the next couple of days, this is where the Canucks need improvement the most.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Cornuck wrote:Sure we out shot them, but did we really have any good shots?

Edler..... what happened to this guy? Is he playing with a concussion?

Anything can happen, but I don't see this group winning 4 in a row.
Same here. We've definitely outplayed the Kings over the past two games, but this is going to be a next to impossible feat.

It's possible.......as Philadelphia proved a few years ago............and given the way we played tonight, I wouldn't completely rule it out.........but it's going to be almost impossible.

:?
lifer
CC Veteran

Post by lifer »

The Canucks were the better team tonight. We should have won. The fact that we lost our third straight game really pisses me off. It seems like only a handfull of players really want to win, the rest are looking forward to a nice long summer to spend some of their money. With our leading scorer Daniel out, and Duncan Keith playing in the playoffs, the hate is back on for the NHL for me.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Farhan Lalji wrote:Isn't Nash like 26-27 years old? If so - that's hardly the downside of his career eh?
I dunno, right now the problem is the 2nd line has shooters but no playmakers and Nash is another shooter. Either way, the 2nd line needs a tune-up.

Firing AV is not the answer. Neither is firing Gillis.

Besides, these guys may pull it off and make Dough-boy cry in the end after all.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Canucks will get illiminated.

Duncan Keith continues to play.

Dustin Brown got the other Sedin and will be seen as a hero. Not that he isn't for other reasons. But that was a dirty hit.

Shanahan and the league will continue to send the wrong messages. The NHL is a soap opera. It doesn't care about the best hockey players. It's thriving off the hatred, the negativity, the contreversy. The humans. NHL hockey is departing from what real hockey should be. The NHL must feel it has to become this way in order to get people's attention in this day and age. It has become a joke. No GM can engineer a team to win when the league can't even follow it's own rules, or prove that it is serious about player safety.

The world will get to laugh at and hate the Canucks when they're illiminated. Luongo will be gone this summer. Edler will have a long hard look in the mirror. The canucks will be viewed again as playoff chokers, despite running all the way to game 7 last year.

See? A soap opera. Hollywood gets their victory.

Perhaps next year the Canucks will fly under the radar and ... nah. Fuck it.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Lancer wrote:
Farhan gets flak for his love of Nash, but you really see how the 2nd line is one piece away from breaking through.
It's not necessarily Nash per se, but I just think that this team needs another superstar forward so that he can play alongside Kesler........which in effect, can give us two very dangerous scoring lines...........and in effect, possibly free up the twins so that they don't have to face the top shut down pairings/centers, etc.

People on here that think Daniel's presence would make a huge difference are mistaken in my opinion. The twins, whether together or separate, simply cannot perform in the playoffs when faced against elite shut down pairings, elite shut down centers, or elite goalies. They are the inverse of guys like Dustin Brown and Joe Sakic unfortunately (i.e. carrying the team when we need them).

However - that's not to say that they still can't dominate.......as they proved against San Jose last year. As the twins progress further into their 30's, I also feel that the twins will be maximized a lot better on a 2nd line or #1A line type setting.

That is my reason for getting another top 6 superstar forward. The Canucks have the ability to play exceptional team defense and shut down opponents. The difference between us and the regular season version of us last year however, is that we can't annihalate teams offensively anymore.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

lifer wrote:The Canucks were the better team tonight. We should have won. The fact that we lost our third straight game really pisses me off. It seems like only a handfull of players really want to win, the rest are looking forward to a nice long summer to spend some of their money. With our leading scorer Daniel out, and Duncan Keith playing in the playoffs, the hate is back on for the NHL for me.
I don't think that's a fair statement to make at all. From what I saw, almost everyone put forth an extremely determined effort. We outplayed the Kings this game, and we outplayed the Kings last game. Unfortunately however - we just don't have the ability to put pucks in the net when it matters most.

Just as the case was with Tim Thomas last year, we are making Quick to look far better than he actually is. Most of our shots are from the outside. Teams know that we simply don't have that one guy that can completely drive through the defense and put one in from up close.

Kesler and Booth kind of have that ability, but they are way too one dimensional and predictable for the most part.......which makes them mainly ineffective unfortunately.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Are we dissecting the season now or waiting one more game?
Cause even though schneider gave up that rebound, it was way more comfortable with him in there than Roberto. Every time the puck goes anywhere near Luongo I'm white knuckling the lazyboy...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I put the goal on Edler for leaving Brown wide open. A Ginger can only do so much.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."