Page 18 of 19

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:33 pm
by Blob Mckenzie
RoyalDude wrote: If there is one player taking up space its Raymond. He's just completely lost out there.
I agree Mason Raymond is a useless, gutless player.

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:39 pm
by Hockey Widow
Arachnid wrote:
Another wheel falls off the wagon...what's hilarious is the amount of people that are pointing to this trade that broke us...did Hodgson help the Sabres get into the playoffs? No. Did Hodgson play great in the stretch? No. People are quick to blame and abandon ship when it's only been 2 games...

First, I'm far from off the wagon or abandoning ship. Second I never said the season was lost on that deal. Third I never said the Canucks lack confidence I said I lack confidence in the Canucks. Doesn't mean I've fallen off the wagon.

5-5 the Canucks have looked good but haven't really tested Quick as much as they need to. Their PK has been average and their PP has been atrocious. So far a special teams series and LA is winning the special teams battle.

Can we still win this series, absolutely? Do I have the confidence in the team as I did in last year's, no I don't? Am I still a fan still cheering for the Canucks, absolutely and always will be.

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:50 pm
by Benjo
Lets not forget 2 years ago when LA was dominating the Canucks in the special teams battle, what was it 6 or 7 PP goals in a row for LA until AV finally gave up and tried the Sedns on the PK to get them into the series. Once the Canucks adjusted it was all downhill.

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:58 pm
by Topper
LOL

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:59 pm
by clem
Farhan Lalji wrote:
clem wrote:It's not fair to Luongo, but the team takes precedence.
How does taking out one of your best players in the series make any sense?

The Canucks shouldn't need a goalie replacement to help "motivate themselves." They will and should already be pissed off and determined for a big game tomorrow.

Putting Schneider in just reaks of desperation and white flag waving. LA will smell blood.

Furthermore - lets say Schneider has a bad game or bad period. Then what? Not only have you pissed off Luongo, but you also leave Schneider out to dry.

Farhan's advice: Put Lou in for tomorrow. If the Canucks lose tomorrow, then you can put Schneider in for Game 4 (assuming that Lou is lackluster in a possible loss tomorrow).
Should of doesn’t help. It’s time to stir it up.

We’ve seen how this team (& others) can respond positively to a goalie change. Luongo has been our best player in this series, but we’re blessed with two good goalie’s.

Changing to another good, but different goalie can make the Kings less confident. Hurting their game is as good as improving ours. This is strategy, not desparation.

We don’t have to insult Luongo – make it clear this is being done to shake up the skaters, to give the Kings pause, & get Luongo rested for more work. Nobody (outside the Canucks) need know about it until Schneider takes the net.

There's no guarantees to any of this, but the status quo ain't working

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:09 pm
by Strangelove
Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
*ten-thousand word post on what a POS team Gillis has assembled and how Dude would've done better*
Jesus Christ , it's amazing how an out of work carpenter is a better FUCKING General Manager than Mike Gillis....wow....
Image

Dude is the Antichrist.

Ummmmmmm a tad early with the autopsy there Dr Dude. :roll:

Wussamatta fo you, worried Canucks might come back and this might be your only chance to carve em up?

This 19 page thread would be 9 pages if it weren't for your... ummm... "contibutions"?

Y'know some folks mighta believed you when you said:
RoyalDude wrote: Anyhow, Mr. Negative will stop now.
I expected to see some pissin & moanin in this thread but GOOD GAWD it's like a fucking morgue in here!! Image

Last time I checked it's a best-of-seven, not a best-of-three....

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:16 pm
by rockalt
RoyalDude wrote: Who says rebuild. I'm talking about what the Flyers did after being ousted in the playoffs early after going to the Finals and losing in the Finals the previous year. What they did in the off-season was fucking brilliant GM-ing if you ask me.
Well yeah, everything except handing Bryzgalov a 9 year $51 million contract! :lol:

I agree with you that the overhaul has been incredibly impressive but that is one glaring mistake which was obvious from the beginning. Bryzgalov has had some great years but he also happened to play behind an extremely defensively sound team for those years and also had some lacklustre playoff performances under his belt.

As amazing as the Flyers have played so far, they are going nowhere with Bryzgalov in net. You think Luo's inconsistency is bad? Us Canuck fans have it easy in this department!

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:19 pm
by Strangelove
Arachnid wrote:
Reefer2 wrote: Still at game lineup for mens bathroom look like the womens roo
O yea a game of some sort is playing
Game on! Hike up yer skirt Reef!
Careful, there might be a sick bunny under there! :shock:

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:26 pm
by clem
Strangelove wrote: I expected to see some pissin & moanin in this thread but GOOD GAWD it's like a fucking morgue in here!!
Last time I checked it's a best-of-seven, not a best-of-three....
The Canucks’ dilemma isn’t the end of the world, but some seem to think you can see it from here.

This is however, good theatre. Better than many threads here. Certainly better than a mix of non-hockey drivel and emoticons.

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:39 pm
by Strangelove
clem wrote: This is however, good theatre. Better than many threads here. Certainly better than a mix of non-hockey drivel and emoticons.
UMMMMMMM this is a game-day thread not an off-season-autopsy thread.

I came here to read comments on the game, sadly there are very few.

So I figured it was fair to throw in an upskirt post.

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:50 pm
by clem
RoyalDude wrote:
clem wrote:. Less smurfs (Raymond, Ebbett) might help.
Curious, who are you replacing the Smurfs with? These two are considered skill guys, are you replacing them with more stone hands tough guys that will massively intimidate the likes of Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Brown, Doughty into little school children? If anything, I can understand sitting Ebbet, but at least with Raymond, he is noticeable and trying to make things happen offensively, but hey, if ya think scoring isn't our problem right now, maybe you are right. Maybe Bitz for Raymond will help solve their offensive woes. Not.

If there is one player taking up space is Kassian. He's just completely lost out there.
The smurfs can be platooned between games to either take lumps drawing penalties/collecting points, or heal up. The two of them contributed a total of one point in the series. We might use Weise, Oreo, or Reinprecht in game 3. Bitz is a game four option.

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:54 pm
by clem
Strangelove wrote:
clem wrote: This is however, good theatre. Better than many threads here. Certainly better than a mix of non-hockey drivel and emoticons.
UMMMMMMM this is a game-day thread not an off-season-autopsy thread.

I came here to read comments on the game, sadly there are very few.

So I figured it was fair to throw in an upskirt post.
Not suggesting it was inappropriate to comment on the mood. However, some (other) threads have less content, & hold less interest. It might be fair to say much of this belongs in the series thread, but at least it's here.

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:00 pm
by Strangelove
clem wrote:
royal wrote: If there is one player taking up space is Kassian. He's just completely lost out there.
The smurfs can be platooned between games to either take lumps drawing penalties/collecting points, or heal up. The two of them contributed a total of one point in the series. We might use Weise, Oreo, or Reinprecht in game 3. Bitz is a game four option.
LOL i don't think you will ever see Oreo in another Canuck game buddy!

Pretty sure Kassian stays in there, if not I'd expect to see Weise.

How about Weise in for Raymond? :wink:

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:05 pm
by clem
Strangelove wrote:
clem wrote:
royal wrote: If there is one player taking up space is Kassian. He's just completely lost out there.
The smurfs can be platooned between games to either take lumps drawing penalties/collecting points, or heal up. The two of them contributed a total of one point in the series. We might use Weise, Oreo, or Reinprecht in game 3. Bitz is a game four option.
LOL i don't think you will ever see Oreo in another Canuck game buddy!

Pretty sure Kassian stays in there, if not I'd expect to see Weise.

How about Weise in for Raymond? :wink:
Or Ebbett - chose your smurf.

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:06 pm
by Strangelove
clem wrote: However, some (other) threads have less content, & hold less interest. It might be fair to say much of this belongs in the series thread, but at least it's here.
Personally I'm not interested in reading a premature off-season-autopsy right now.

Wrong time of the year and I was not happy about having to wade through all that crap.

Or maybe I'm just a little pissed that my favorite team is behind the 8-ball right now....