GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Post by donlever »

Perhaps tonight someone other than Luongo will realize the post season has arrived.

Might want to win this one boys.

NHL.COM PREVIEW

EXCERPT: Discipline. When Canucks forward David Booth, in his first playoff game, hammered Kings defenseman Drew Doughty the first shift of Game 1 Wednesday, Los Angeles took the hit, turned it into a 3-on-2 the other way and, if not for Roberto Luongo, would have been ahead 32 seconds in.

When the Canucks continued to try to throw their weight around, the Kings made them pay on the power play. Mike Richards scored on a 5-on-3 that started with Ryan Kesler in the box for unsportsmanlike conduct after a snow shower on Jonathan Quick, and ex-Canuck Willie Mitchell at the end of a five-minute boarding major to Byron Bitz, who was in his first playoff game in three years. Add in charges against Maxim Lapierre and rookie Zack Kassian, and the Canucks almost tried too hard.

"I thought we had a lot of energy but we ran out of position to get those big hits," said Alexandre Burrows, who scored the game's first goal.

INJURIES: Vancouver is still without top goal scorer Daniel Sedin, who has been out with a concussion since March 21 and wasn't on the ice Wednesday after practicing with the team Monday and skating with spare players Tuesday. Defenseman Keith Ballard (concussion) appears ready to return, but after missing more than two months may not get back in without another injury. … Los Angeles is without forward Brad Richardson, who had an emergency appendectomy Monday but may not have played anyway, and has been missing scoring forward Simon Gagne since late December because of a concussion. Kyle Clifford out after Bitz hit. Bitz subsequently suspended two games.

HOT: The Kings' power play came into the series ranked 17th in the NHL, but much like their overall offense, it was much better late in the season, scoring eight times on just 22 chances over the final eight games. That continued into Game 1 against the Canucks, with the first goal coming on a 5-on-3 and the second on a five-minute power play, finishing 2-for-8 on the night. And for all the talk of Los Angeles being 29th in scoring, they continue to average more than three goals a game since acquiring Jeff Carter before the trade deadline.

HISTORY: Never mind history, it's about the future right now. Yo Nucks, go make some history.
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Post by rats19 »

We will see the canucks we saw In the 3 rd period of the last game, for the first 2 periods of this game and will take a 3-1 lead into the final period. Then you will see " the team" the one that has been awol for so long...but even then there is one more level/gear which may not show up even in this series (other than glimpses) but like donny said up our game 15% and we got the kings.
Final score 4-2 canucks....
That's a rats view
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Will the whining to the refs and lame attempts to draw penalties and yapping after whistles end tonight? I doubt it when you have Lapierre, Kesler and Burrows on your team. I will say this about Booth, at least he doesn't fall into that category the 3 I mentioned are in.

Play the fucking game.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

RoyalDude wrote: Play the fucking game.
Will the whining and snivelling ever end on this goddamn hockey talk message board?

I doubt it with Royaldude on site.

Post a fucking real post.
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

donlever wrote:
Will the whining and snivelling ever end on this goddamn hockey talk message board?

Whoa dude, what is wrong with my post? I ain't the only one in this city feeling this way.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

set your vcr's
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

RoyalDude wrote:
donlever wrote:

Whoa dude, what is wrong with my post? I ain't the only one in this city feeling this way.
It's the consistency of style Dude.

I'm sure you're having fun playing the troll but most of us know it is beneath you.

The braying donkey thing is being overcooked my friend.
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
donlever wrote:

I wasn't that drunk on Wednesday...you're still a dipshit :P

You almost sound like a Easterner if you keep going down this path... :roll:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:set your vcr's
wottsa v....c....r?!... :crazy:

I'm getting nervous already, the first game was nothing, this one means everything in there series...I think who every wins it may take it...
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I wonder if we could compile a list of RDs favourite complaints about every player on the roster. The RoyalDude playbook, as it were.

Henrik: no MESH RIPPLING
Kesler: whiner, no MESH RIPPLING
Burrows: whiner
Booth: christian, tunnel vision, can't stickhandle in a phone booth
Lapierre: whiner
Pahlsson: SHUT DOWN HOCKEY
Malhotra: only wins faceoffs, doesn't win every single faceoff
Raymond: distracts attention from how awful Manny Malhotra is
Weise: can't fight, going to get seriously injured one day
Kassian: not fit enough, not Cody Hodgson
Ballard: not worth $4.2m, not Michael Grabner
Hamhuis: too short, I think it was?

Help me out here guys..
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

dbr wrote:I wonder if we could compile a list of RDs favourite complaints about every player on the roster. The RoyalDude playbook, as it were.

Help me out here guys..
*slashes wrists* the sky isn't falling....it's taking a piss out of us (well it is VanCity after all) 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:I wonder if we could compile a list of RDs favourite complaints about every player on the roster. The RoyalDude playbook, as it were.

Help me out here guys..
dan bob rob, do your homework. There is many more on that list. That being said, with the ones you listed how can one argue against my points? They are spot on.

Did you see Skeletor Gallagher agreeing with me regarding Malhotra. Saying that, AV's love for Malhotra is messing with his decision to put proper lines together consistently playing a player whom obvious to everyone is not fit to play.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:dan bob rob, do your homework. There is many more on that list.
It's depressing enough that I remembered all of that off-hand. Help me complete the list RD, maybe once you get it all off your chest you can move on to talking about something else?

Anyway I understand there's a hockey game on tonight. I'm hoping the Canucks forwards can support the D a bit better tonight and that should help them get into the neutral zone with speed. Get the Kings turning and skating and they should be in control of things sooner than later.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well, I for one want to see Higgins back on the second line. We have enough players that can play bottom 6 but right now we need to get Kesler and Booth scoring, especially with Dank still out. I would also put Lappy back with Burrows and Hank.

Third line I would put Raymond to start and see how that goes. 4th line is again a line we can't seem to trust but that is directly proportional to moving Lappy up the line up.

If we have a lead late in the game we can always revert back to shut down hockey. Actually not a bad idea, wait until we get the lead to play shut down, right RD?
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote:
You almost sound like a Easterner if you keep going down this path... :roll:
Now that's an insult.