GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Post by Boston Canucker »

mathonwy wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote:Anyone think they could actually get swept? Will they give up?
No. That's not going to happen.
I am trying to keep in mind that Boston lost the first two, at home, to Montreal in the first round last year.

When you're desperate I guess you'll look to anything.

It's a good thing the Canucks came into the playoffs prepared for a long playoff run...right attitude :cry:
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

You don't have to be worried Spidey but you can't say you've enjoyed watching the Canucks serve up a two game lead in the first round. :evil:

The Canucks have what it takes to win the series but they could've been in the drivers seat by now.

If you think this team has what it takes to go all the way then at the very least they've made it that much harder to take the first step.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:So I guess the flipping of the switch will be in game 3?
Perhaps it's more of a dimmer situation. The Canucks have turned the lights up for stretches the last two games but are going to have to bring all the wattage they can for the rest of the series.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

My isssue is with the anouncers on CBC. First off, the missed goal - wow. But, more importantly, how can they say that say Luongo is done????? In no way, was the outcome of this game, Lou's fault. I thought he played a great game. LA was rellentless - they were fast, big, aggressive and hungry. Vancouver had no answer. I think Daniel back in the lineup would help, but will it make a difference?
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
stoneboat
AHL Prospect

Post by stoneboat »

Our own powerplay killed us. Without it, it would at least be a tie game. Score a goal on just one PP, and we win the game. AV throws the lines in a blender and nothing comes out of it except individual skill. I'm seeing a spark here and there, but now they are in a serious hole. Heading to L.A. and its shitty, post-Clipper ice.

Edit: Expat, I think they were saying Schneider might go in just as a means of shaking things up, not b/c this is Luo's fault. They might have a point. Still, Luo's been great.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

If they learned anything last year I hope it is this. A team can be down 3 games to none and come back to take a series to game 7. A team can be down 2 games to none and come back and win the cup in game 7.

The better team has won the first two games. Its that simple. Ya sure 5-5 we have been good although offensively challenged. The Kings own special teams right now. The Kings looked poised and confident. The Kings have a system and are playing it. This is a good LA team and one that is very well coached.

The Canucks are missing something from last year and no not just Dank. Frankly I don't know if he would make a difference right now. All year we heard about how much deeper we are but I just don't see it. Where is the vaulted depth up front? The mistakes on the back end are not from that rookie Tanev either. And no you can't fault Luongo for either loss but fans will be clamouring to see Cory in net. I say no way. This is Luongo's to steal or lose. He deserves to get the game three start as he has played very well. It would be an insult to pull him at this point.

Watching the team I just don't have the confidence I had last year and I haven't had it at all this year. I don't see 6 top six out there and that has caused us to lose any depth on the bottom 6. We will see what this team is made of. Do they have the guts and the poise to claw their way back? We will see. I just don't see them punishing LA at all and they have spurts of a push back but then a sputter.

I think they have given their all but their all is just not enough. Watching teams like Nashville, Detroit, Philly, NYR, SJS, LA Pittsburg, Boston, Phoenix I just don's see us measuring up folks. I know its far from over and they may take a game or two in LA and get back in it I am just so discouraged because I really don't see the same as I saw last year. I've been avoiding the obvious but I am starting to agree with some of RD's ramblings. :oops: :oops:
The only HW the Canucks need
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

stoneboat wrote:Our own powerplay killed us. Without it, it would at least be a tie game. Score a goal on just one PP, and we win the game. AV throws the lines in a blender and nothing comes out of it except individual skill. I'm seeing a spark here and there, but now they are in a serious hole. Heading to L.A. and its shitty, post-Clipper ice.

Edit: Expat, I think they were saying Schneider might go in just as a means of shaking things up, not b/c this is Luo's fault. They might have a point. Still, Luo's been great.
Ok - but shitty for Luo - I thought he played great so far.
Last edited by BCExpat on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

dbr wrote:You don't have to be worried Spidey but you can't say you've enjoyed watching the Canucks serve up a two game lead in the first round. :evil:

The Canucks have what it takes to win the series but they could've been in the drivers seat by now.

If you think this team has what it takes to go all the way then at the very least they've made it that much harder to take the first step.
A hot goalie is a hot goalie...I said it before...if you actually play/played the game you might understand...I really do think the pressure is on LA now...win it at home...AV got us to game 7 of the Final last year and I have faith that they can do it again...although some losers think they are done...it's the playoffs baby.... 8-)

Gotta admit though the Kings are hustling to the puck...defensively...we still have more talent....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Arachnid wrote:
dbr wrote:You don't have to be worried Spidey but you can't say you've enjoyed watching the Canucks serve up a two game lead in the first round. :evil:

A hot goalie is a hot goalie...I said it before...if you actually play/played the game you might understand...I really do think the pressure is on LA now...win it at home...AV got us to game 7 of the Final last year and I have faith that they can do it again...although some losers think they are done...it's the playoffs baby.... 8-)

Gotta admit though the Kings are hustling to the puck...defensively...we still have more talent....

As an outsider - I see the teams being pretty equal in talent. Daniel will make a difference - but you are up against a very fast, agressive, talented team. The LA defence and goaltending is great. Yes - the Canucks generated a bit more offence in the 2nd and some of the 3rd periods, but the LA defence was equal to the task. Also, the LA forwards are pretty damn good.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Well, this totally sucks, of course, but if we take game 3, we all know, momentum shifts. Not saying I'm optimistic, but got to hold out hope...game 3 it is, do or die boys.
stoneboat
AHL Prospect

Post by stoneboat »

Hockey Widow, you're absolutely right about the Kings looking well-coached and playing consistently within their system. Two things the Canucks should be doing, but cannot. Kesler looks back on track, and thank God for that, and Henrik's trying, but ultimately no one sees each other well enough, no one is taking control of the play. You can see where I'm going with this.....

FIRE AV!!

God, I hate myself.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Boston Canucker wrote:Well, this totally sucks, of course, but if we take game 3, we all know, momentum shifts. Not saying I'm optimistic, but got to hold out hope...game 3 it is, do or die boys.

Ya I agree this series is not over and won't be until someone wins 4 games, its just the lack of confidence this year in the team. Even when we headed to game 7 against Boston I believed we would win it. I just don't have that feeling this year. But it ain't over until it is over and I will be cheering them on.

I like the LA team, I really like what they have built there.

As an aside, I imagine the Pens are not feeling too good about themselves right now either.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Meh, put Cory in...see where it goes...still don't see anyone putting their money where their fat fucking mouth is....fucking coward...betting against their own team would be fucking awesome.... :drink:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Arachnid wrote:Meh, put Cory in...see where it goes...still don't see anyone putting their money where their fat fucking mouth is....fucking coward...betting against their own team would be fucking awesome.... :drink:
*crickets*......uh huh
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I'm holding onto the belief that this clusterfuck will be fixed when Dank comes back.

Our power play is going start clicking again and our line ups will be complete.

The SSB line will be terrorizing the Kings while the Amex line beats up the King defense.

That's what was happening in January and I have to believe that it's still there.

This baby is going 7.