GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Post by Hockey Widow »

Good for him!

I am really hoping he has a good showing. If he can be steady and reliable then it allows AV to go back to his top two pairings which can only help the Canucks.

Ballard deserves a break right about now. A guy who had virtually missed no time due to injuries before he became a Canuck sure has had an injury plagued two years.
The only HW the Canucks need
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

ukcanuck wrote: I know there has been some legit criticisms of Ballard since RD's favourite trade, but I find it hard not to cheer for the guy to do well. It can't be easy to be on the cusp always waiting for the other shoe to drop. a lot of guys would have got bitter and quit by now.
I agree wholeheartedly.

I'd love for Ballard to be a key cog in the post season.

For all his faults the guy is a good dude, a good teammate, never bitches or complains.
DeLevering since 1999.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: All this talk about the Canucks players being whiners and divers from those fucking eastern bastards.
We don't need to swallow any kool-aid to see that the Canucks were flopping around like fish out of water on Wednesday.

Kes and Hank (among others) both had putrid and obvious dives.
When did Hank have an obvious dive?

Are you referring to when he was trying to outside the forechecker on the way out of our end? I don't think that was a dive, but nor was it a penalty. He was leaning hard to the inside and into the Kings player. The LA forechecker simply let Henrik push too hard and then let him fall. Henrik didn't appear to look for a call, he just got right back up.

Now if you're talking about another incident then I got nothin'.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Hockey Widow wrote:Good for him!

I am really hoping he has a good showing. If he can be steady and reliable then it allows AV to go back to his top two pairings which can only help the Canucks.

Ballard deserves a break right about now. A guy who had virtually missed no time due to injuries before he became a Canuck sure has had an injury plagued two years.
Yep, plus he gets to play with his buddy Tanev and they were very good together at times last year.

Looking forward to see how it develops.

Maybe, gasp, we'll even see him on the PP.

Mëds wrote:
You got nothin'...

:)
DeLevering since 1999.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So Donny you mentioned vibrators earlier in this thread. Was that a shot at anyone in particular? :D
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Larry Goodenough wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Larry Goodenough wrote:A Sun blog touching on my concerns about Pahlsson vs Kopitar and assertion that Richards is not the number one concern....

Going into this series, it looked like Vigneault would be able to use that third line to neutralize Kopitar, which, in theory would allow Kesler and Henrik Sedin to see easier minutes. Vigneault has his critics, and even I think he can be a frustrating tactician at times (his lurch back into stylistic conservatism this season has probably been counterproductive, for example). But one of the things the Canucks have built their success on over the past few seasons is Vigneault’s ability to take advantage of the Canucks’ superior depth.

If the Kopitar line’s decimation of Pahlsson’s group continues on Friday, however, Vigneault may be forced to use Kesler as a checking centre, and that will ripple throughout lineup. If Kesler is playing tougher minutes dueling with Kopitar, then his offensive potential takes a massive hit. Meanwhile the five and a half minutes Henrik spent skating through Jarret Stoll and Trevor Lewis evaporates, and he’ll begin to see a steady diet of shifts matched up against Mike Richards instead. All of a sudden Vancouver’s superior depth doesn’t seem so superior…

Remember that this is playoff Vigneault, who deceives, inveigles, and obfuscates. You can’t trust him. When he talks openly about matchups that he’s worried about in the postseason, we’re probably best served by paying closer attention to what he omits or glosses over, rather than what he’s explicit about. Richards and Penner had storybook returns to the postseason on Wednesday night, but the real issues lie elsewhere.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/04/13 ... s-job-one/
LGBT 8-) AV went on record that the Kesler line was the one actually targeting the Kopitar line and it didn't work...he implied that Pahlsson’s line might get the change up.

LGBT? Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered?

Is that the new nickname for the Kopitar line with Doughty?
Ummmm.Yes! Damn it! I here by anoint the Kopitar line 'LGBT' line for from me to insult another CC poster on here...unless insult my intelligence and tolerance of stupid trade ideas or the sky is falling... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

YAY BALLARD!!!!!!!!

Our defense just got a lot faster. Wooooooooooooooooooo.

I pray that AV gives him a REAL chance and I also pray that Ballard starts out slowly and doesn't do too much at once.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:So Donny you mentioned vibrators earlier in this thread. Was that a shot at anyone in particular? :D
Strap-on!....er...I mean Game on!....don't you and DonnieBrook have a date tonight? 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Anyone know who the refs are for tonight?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

mathonwy wrote:YAY BALLARD!!!!!!!!

I pray that AV gives him a REAL chance and I also pray that Ballard starts out slowly and doesn't do too much at once.

Something wrong with this post. Our defence just got faster but you hope Ballard starts out slowly!?!?!?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Good for him!

Yep, plus he gets to play with his buddy Tanev and they were very good together at times last year.

Looking forward to see how it develops.

Maybe, gasp, we'll even see him on the PP.

Mëds wrote:
You got nothin'...

:)
Fuckin diving Swede. :evil:

:look:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:So Donny you mentioned vibrators earlier in this thread. Was that a shot at anyone in particular? :D
Strap-on!....er...I mean Game on!....don't you and DonnieBrook have a date tonight? 8-)
No, I will be vibrating alone tonight.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Something wrong with this post. Our defence just got faster but you hope Ballard starts out slowly!?!?!?
Or was it the bit about AV giving him a "REAL" chance.....in the playoffs no less. :look:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Or was it the bit about AV giving him a "REAL" chance.....in the playoffs no less. :look:

Ya that too!
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hmm.. in retrospect, there are a lot of things wrong with this post.

LOL.