GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Post by 2Fingers »

Still at game lineup for mens bathroom look like the womens roo
O yea a game of some sort is playing
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

stoneboat wrote:I'm not one to be negative or panicky either, but looks like a few of us notice the Canucks' play looks a little weird and disjointed. The PP is unbelievably bad, and sucks the confidence right out of the group. I think Newell Brown needs a kick in the balls. Maybe one for Bowness simply because our D look slow and afraid.

Argh. But on the bright side, Kesler is starting to play hockey the way it's meant to be played, and it looks to be rubbing off on the team. They just have to squeak out a win here, and maybe they can get back to old selves.
Shouldn't have stopped drinking that wine.
Ding ding ding! We 'ave a winner! Shouldn't give up the kush either when you get a mortgage and hit 40 :evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Reefer2 wrote:Still at game lineup for mens bathroom look like the womens roo
O yea a game of some sort is playing
Game on! Hike up yer skirt Reef!
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Bruce Boudreau is absolutely destroying PJ.

Note to PJ. Next time you're on the air with a coach, don't talk shit or you're going to get called out on it.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:Salo giving up the puck.

Edler giving up the puck.

Ballard giving up the puck.

Did I miss anyone?
And another one bytes the dust...

sad man, so sad how many this year ex-fans...

I'm look'n forward to the 3rd :thumbs:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

How did they referee waive the obvious icing call?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:Bruce Boudreau is absolutely destroying PJ.

Note to PJ. Next time you're on the air with a coach, don't talk shit or you're going to get called out on it.
Trues dat....but most girlfriends would rather watch PJ than BB....just say's....
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Arachnid wrote:

Did I miss anyone?

Hey!!

This shit is emotional. Our boys are playing like absolute ass right now.

Hard to stay positive at this point of time.
stoneboat
AHL Prospect

Post by stoneboat »

Arachnid wrote:Ding ding ding! We 'ave a winner! Shouldn't give up the kush either when you get a mortgage and hit 40 :evil:
No mortgage, no kush -- guess that means I have no excuse. Back to the bottle, but let's see how that third turns out.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Did I miss anyone?

Hey!!

This shit is emotional. Our boys are playing like absolute ass right now.

Hard to stay positive at this point of time.
Actually, for anyone that knows hockey they are not....Quick is as advertised....up to AV now....

Would be nice to have DS back about now....did anyone stop to think that if the fans give up on them then they will on themselves.... :drink:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mondi wrote: Yeah, I know you get off on being negative.
Seriously, I'm as big a Canuck fan as you will find, negative I am not. It's quite simple, I'm not a huge fan of Gillis, I don't like the majority of his moves, especially this year, I'll give him his two bits for getting us to Lord Stanley last season but honestly, he inherited a team that was on it's way there anyways. This year was the true test in seeing what Gillis was made of, and he hasn't been very impressive. Kassian may turn out to be a decent player sometime in the future but we traded away a player who could be helping us out NOW, who has a mind for offensive creativity, can score and can set up teamates waaaaay better than Ryan 'Play By Myself' Kesler. No PP? Hmmm, wasn't Cody pretty decent on 2nd unit PP. Pahlsson? Seriously? The guy has fucking zero offensive creativity, he can shut down all he like but we need offensive creativity. I simply don't understand Gillis dumbing down skill for what I call 4th line talent level, and that there is my beef, but hey, if you wanna call it negative so be it, I guess I am negative towards the changes made by Gillis this year. Not a fan of Booth, traded away a crafty goal scorer in Samuelsson with loads of playoff experience for a player with low intellect and no playoff experience. Don't get it. I think this team sorely misses Erhoff, hate to say it, would never had paid him what he got from Buffalo but this team seriously misses his ability to skate pucks out of danger and gain the offensive zone and ability to set up his forwards and was a constant threat from the point. I give Gillis kudos for getting Erhoff in the first place, but losing him may have been a mistake, maybe if the Ballard contract wasn't there Erhoff would still be here. hmmmmm
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shit, Kopitar is a good player.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

That's parity for you.

Take away your top gun & you may not cut it.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mondi wrote: Yeah, I know you get off on being negative.
Seriously, I'm as big a Canuck fan as you will find, negative I am not. It's quite simple, I'm not a huge fan of Gillis, I don't like the majority of his moves, especially this year, I'll give him his two bits for getting us to Lord Stanley last season but honestly, he inherited a team that was on it's way there anyways. This year was the true test in seeing what Gillis was made of, and he hasn't been very impressive. Kassian may turn out to be a decent player sometime in the future but we traded away a player who could be helping us out NOW, who has a mind for offensive creativity, can score and can set up teamates waaaaay better than Ryan 'Play By Myself' Kesler. No PP? Hmmm, wasn't Cody pretty decent on 2nd unit PP. Pahlsson? Seriously? The guy has fucking zero offensive creativity, he can shut down all he like but we need offensive creativity. I simply don't understand Gillis dumbing down skill for what I call 4th line talent level, and that there is my beef, but hey, if you wanna call it negative so be it, I guess I am negative towards the changes made by Gillis this year. Not a fan of Booth, traded away a crafty goal scorer in Samuelsson with loads of playoff experience for a player with low intellect and no playoff experience. Don't get it. I think this team sorely misses Erhoff, hate to say it, would never had paid him what he got from Buffalo but this team seriously misses his ability to skate pucks out of danger and gain the offensive zone and ability to set up his forwards and was a constant threat from the point. I give Gillis kudos for getting Erhoff in the first place, but losing him may have been a mistake, maybe if the Ballard contract wasn't there Erhoff would still be here. hmmmmm
Jesus Christ , it's amazing how an out of work carpenter is a better FUCKING General Manager than Mike Gillis....wow....