GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7:30

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7:30

Post by SKYO »

Farhan Lalji wrote:They need to focus on playing hockey and not trying to be dirty and/or body check people through the boards.
They aren't playing Canucks hockey and all of the penalties that have been called against them were justified.
Yeah the 4th line was trying to provide some energy but the penalties the ref's called vs the Canucks really killed the game for Vancouver.

Craig Simpson is a goof.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by CrzyCanuck »

GO go Shut Down Hockey!
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

LOL, my faith in humanity has been restored.......for now. ;)

Fuck it - GO CANUCKS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-2!

:::blood pressure drop::::::
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

WOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Having said that, the Canucks need to get their shit together.......or the Kings are going to take this 4-2 or 5-2.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I like Edler

Hey Tantalum, why wasn't Booth on the Kesler line for that goal?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Farhan Lalji wrote:Having said that, the Canucks need to get their shit together.......or the Kings are going to take this 4-2 or 5-2.
Yup, shots 29-14 LA - however we can thank the undisciplined play and early playoff reffing, where they try to call everything.
Last edited by SKYO on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Here come the 'blame the refs' posts. Sorry guys, this is what happens when you are severely outplayed, you do things like take dumb penalties.
Are you really a Canuck fan, I have never seen one take so much joy watching "their" team lose?
Not only that, but he didn't even read my post correctly (his 'blame the refs' post was directed towards me........and I was actually siding with the refs!)
Stop it

I didnt even see your post amongst all the 'blame the refs' posts
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

[mod edit]
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

I can't quite get a handle on the officiating in this one - what exactly did Kesler do to get his unsportsmanlike call - snowing the goalie? really? and Kassian to get his charging call? And if that penalty on Lapierre is a charge, then I've clearly been mistaking bodychecking for charging all of my life.

Maybe if I could understand those calls, I could appreciate the virtuoso reffing performance we're seeing here on the NHL main stage. Here, during the premiere NHL event - the culmination of a season - this is what we're subjected to?

Thank you Paul Devorski and Dan O'Rourke.

S_C
Last edited by Southern_Canuck on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's a great day for hockey!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No way is that a major on Bitz- minor penalty , absolutely. Clifford and friends were gutting themselves laughing about it on the bench. Furthermore there is no way that was even a penalty at all on Kassian. Kings looked out of sorts not having a PP for the last two minutes. They didn't know what the fuck to do with the Canucks being even in manpower.

I've often said MLB umpiring has the worst officials in sports but NHL referees have surpassed them in the last few years. They are making a farce of the game.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Southern_Canuck wrote:I can't quite get a handle on the officiating in this one - what exactly did Kesler do to get his roughing call, and Kassian to get his charging call?

Maybe if I could understand those calls, I could appreciate the virtuoso reffing performance we're seeing here on the NHL main stage.

Now that the Kings are 2 for 8, I'm guessing 4 more Canuck penalties in the 3rd?

S_C
It's just like the beginning of the season where the ref's call everything hardcore style - then lighten up after awhile especially in the latter rounds.
newcanuckfan
CC Veteran

Post by newcanuckfan »

SKYO wrote:Craig Simpson is a goof.
Seriously eh!? I don't think I can get to the end of this game listening to his Canuck bashing. It's not even been relevant to how they've been playing tonight (which is poor I grant) but it's like these little jabs all night: "They need to stop diving", "Lapierre chirping as he likes to do", "Raymond might've had his stick too high".

Might be time to stream Shorty...if only I could get it to sync!

No comment on the game. Glad it's tied.

I'm feeling a little AV channeling now.....Just have to take it a shift at a time, stick to the process, work hard, and play our game. (pause) Is that it? Thanks guys.
benivolent
CC Rookie

Post by benivolent »

newcanuckfan wrote:
SKYO wrote:Craig Simpson is a goof.
Seriously eh!? I don't think I can get to the end of this game listening to his Canuck bashing.
Might be time to stream Shorty...if only I could get it to sync!
No fricken kidding. I have never been so annoyed listening to announcers.

Thank goodness it's at least tied.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

We are so lucky to be 2-2. Hopefully they realize that, play a great 3rd and take a game they don't deserve, well, Luongo would deserve it. It looks like the Canucks are fighting the last war, against Boston, with all this tough guy stuff. I can't complain about the ref; the Canucks are putting themselvs in bad positions, running around. They are clearly not calm, too jittery. They need to show this celebrated experience in the 3rd and just grab this one...