GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7:30

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7:30

Post by rats19 »

I remember us all wanting more assholes, sadly we had them all along.. :blush:
Last edited by rats19 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Strangelove wrote:
Larry Goodenough wrote: I watched the nut-shot again and reading Stoll's reaction to Kesler's stick work, and I can say with confidence that he told Kesler "man, you're such an ass-hole." Sadly, Stoll's assessment was dead-on.
Instead, I would say, "Sadly, Stoll's nutsack agreed.

Weren't we saying a year ago that we need more assholes?

Just get rid of the pussyass diving and I'll be happy.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I miss Torres missile bodychecks, and we could use more offense from our dmen, but first they have to help out our goalie's as well, is that too much to ask?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote: Instead, I would say, "Sadly, Stoll's nutsack agreed.

Personally I loved Kess' bumping of Quick for a goal.

I also admired his nut-sack stick-work on Stoll.

But yeah he needs to take some of the diving out of his game.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote:I remember us all wanting more assholes, sadly we had them all along.. :blush:
As Spidey once said: You can never get enough assholes. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
rats19 wrote:I remember us all wanting more assholes, sadly we had them all along.. :blush:
As Spidey once said: You can never get enough assholes. :D
Heeeeeey...Heeeeeeeeeeeeey....Nooooow....if you're going to paraphrase (parashout?!) geet it right.... I said 'you can never get enough young pagans' butt who am I to argue? Were the Bruins the Love Bunch last year? Nope. Bring it on all other NHL cupcake teams...

WE ARE ALL ASSHOLENucks

Hate us more, it only makes us more powerful and determined (like some kinda weird superhero dude...)

8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I don't mind being hated out of being the best, but I don't understand why the Canucks WERE diving, whining, and being cheap shot artists last night. Completely disgraceful, and it's not something I saw at all during the regular season.

I'll always cheer the Canucks no matter what, but that cheap shit has got to go.

Kesler spearing Stoll was absolutely disgusting.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Larry Goodenough wrote: Who knows, the rule is called unsportsmanship...heck I just assumed that's what it meant. Tell you what how many times is that same action resulting in nothing being called, so why this ref and why not the others. I'm picking on one thing but really every game is an adventure. I certainly have no iodea what's going to be called and what's not going to be called. AND THEN the third period you could have got away with 3rd degree man slaughter. It just doesn't make sense any more. Weber gets a $2500 fine for punching a guys head into the boards. Rome gets 4 games after a guy admires his pass. Clifford nothing for driving Tanevs haed into the board, Keith gets a minor for elbowing Sedin in the head....on and on and on. It gets tougher and tougher to justify following hockey and paying out great wads of moeny
Colon Campbell played the game, Fred. How could you even question him when you never played the game. Mike Murphy played the game and gets gut feelings about stuff that you'll never understand. Brendan Shanahan once had balls, Campbell and Murphy now have them in their freezer and will eat them when the season is over.[/quote]

If you mean I never played the game as a pro you're right but I played much like every one else on the board...rec hockey. Not for a long time I'll grant you that....maybe 30 years ago :lol:
cheers
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Big difference between playing "tough" and playing cheap. Even smaller players can play tough by getting in the way. They may get run over but they ensure the opposition does not get a free inch of ice.

The Kesler "head snap" last night may have been a reaction to the end of Quick's stick, I couldn't tell. It is something he has not done as much this year as in the past. The "nut cracker" has been around forever, if anyone has played the game. Not nice to be on the receiving end for sure, but it happens all the time. It is a cheap shot no doubt. The snow shower is a BS move that they all of a sudden seem to be calling as well they should. In the past I have seen Luongo get showered numerous times with no call. If they call it they will reduce scrums after the whistle.

I have to give Burr credit. After the hit he took from Richards he got up and got back into the play, rather than going looking for Richards, It was a good clean hit, part of the game and he took it and carried on.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:
mathonwy wrote: Instead, I would say, "Sadly, Stoll's nutsack agreed.

Personally I loved Kess' bumping of Quick for a goal.

I also admired his nut-sack stick-work on Stoll.

But yeah he needs to take some of the diving out of his game.
Yep.

The diving is what drives me nuts. I've got no problem with running guys, giving them the lumber, a snow shower, or a shot to the face. The problem I have is when the reverse is done, it seems like our heads snap back quicker, our legs give out faster, and our arms flail easier, than almost any team in the league.

When we score on the PP, this type of behaviour can help us win games. When our PP is shit and we're still pulling that garbage, it's embarrassing. Right now the Canucks need to get their heads out of their asses, realize that hard work wins games, and get on with it.

I will add, however, that last night's game WAS a joke to watch. Half of those penalties wouldn't be called in a regular season game, and now they're called in a playoff game? The reffing has been horrid league-wide all season, and it was absolutely atrocious league-wide in the first night of the Playoffs.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Larry Goodenough wrote:From Canucks Army
yawn

fart
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
Larry Goodenough wrote:From Canucks Army
yawn

fart
I know........the first things to happen in the morning for $200. Wink
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….