GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7:30

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

darren
CC Veteran

Re: GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7:30

Post by darren »

I hope the Lou-haters have noticed that we are very lucky not to be down 2 or 3 to 1 right now.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

nice play by booth, and no doubt luo had some key saves right there at the beginning.

And we actually got 2 powerplays right off the bat to help turn the tides.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

For fuck's sake.... a 2nd delay of game.

Hamhuis has looked a little shaky to me so far, and Tanev looks small and scared under that forechecking.
Last edited by darren on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

A bit sloppy of a 1st period for the Canucks, and they usually don't have great 2nd periods either, they better stay disciplined throughout and try to win it in the 3rd.
porp
CC Veteran

Post by porp »

MASSIVE shot block by hammy.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hope hammy is alright.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Canucks need some life/intensity in their game!!!

Time for more than 2 short shifts for Bitz Lappy Kass line.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Luongo has looked solid.... tough break on a 5 on 3.

Hello Alex Edler .... WAKE THE FUCK UP !!!!. This kid has all the tools but he is a bit thick between the ears at times. Besides the moronic batting the puck into the stands he looked like a mannequin on the PP and a deer in headlights on a couple of other giveaways.

Tanev is going to get mudered out there AV. he is a buck 70 soaking wet with all his gear. The kings have some apes out there that are going to wipe this poor kid out. How close is Ballard ??

Vancouver has to chip the puck in and pressure that defence. Dutter has the forwards all coming back hard and it looks like a red rover game out there. Not too often will they get to carry the puck in with any momentum. Start crunching that D for christ sakes. Soft dumps into the corner and plaster them.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote:A bit sloppy of a 1st period for the Canucks, and they usually don't have great 2nd periods either, they better stay disciplined throughout and try to win it in the 3rd.
The good thing is that as bad as the Canucks were in the first, it is still 1-1. Luongo has been great so far. If the Canucks can up a notch or two in the second and third, they would be alright.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

That cluster f*ck was caused by the refs deciding to decide the game. No way Kesler deserves that penalty. It started a comedy of errors that almost caused us more than a goal. I have no problem with the other 3 penalties, two delay of game automatic and Salo had to hook to break up that play. But in this case the Kings had 2 straight penalties so the refs decide to try and even it out with that BS call on Kesler.

OK rant over. Time to play. The Kings have been the better team and are out playing us but 4 straight penalties will do that. We don't look sharp at all and are playing tentative for the most part. Luongo has kept this a decent score.

I know it is only game one but I just don't like the team as much as I did last year's.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The dude needs to get back on the weed. He is like an old granny on a meth bender whose welfare cheque is about to run out two weeks early.
:lol: B-Dude can't afford it mon, he gotsa mortgage to pay dontcha know?! Fuck, I'm gonna need some serious kush before June is done...I'm going to start a playoffs beer thread...got some 'un's tonight...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:
I know it is only game one but I just don't like the team as much as I did last year's.
I like the player personnell much better. It's the way they are playing and the coaching staff that concerns me. When Daniel Sedin comes back if there isn't a philosphical change in the PP to get 17 on the 2nd unit, i'm going to hunt down Newel Brown and cave in his ugly grill. Enough already ! Spread the fucking wealth and make the other team concern themselves with your offensive depth.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Just when will the NHL officials stop acting like clowns and actually demonstrate their professional skills?
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Jovocop wrote:
SKYO wrote:A bit sloppy of a 1st period for the Canucks, and they usually don't have great 2nd periods either, they better stay disciplined throughout and try to win it in the 3rd.
The good thing is that as bad as the Canucks were in the first, it is still 1-1. Luongo has been great so far. If the Canucks can up a notch or two in the second and third, they would be alright.
If they are to up their game a bit, I firmly believe getting the bitz-lappy-kass line some more shifts will really help give the team more momentum and energy.

Did not notice Ray at all either in the first, LA usually has some problems with speed, it'd be nice to see Ray try to utilize his nitro speed and help get some chances as well.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

SKYO wrote:
Did not notice Ray at all either in the first, LA usually has some problems with speed, it'd be nice to see Ray try to utilize his nitro speed and help get some chances as well.

Don't try. I think the same word has been said for a few years now, except all we see nowadays are MayRay's using speed only to fall down in the O zone.

I've given up on him long time ago.

See there, Raymond and his tremendous accuracy :p
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters