GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7:30

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7:30

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Benjo wrote:
I think AV may be testing the waters on this one to try and see if Raymond could draw a few penalties so we can bust out these new PP formations we've been keeping under wraps. LA is definitely one of the slower teams in the league and speed is one of our biggest assets, may as well exploit it. This will also give us a chance to see just how tight the officials will call it now that the rules have changed.
Problem is that Henrik is best at setting up plays in the opponent's zone, so he needs someone with finish.
No reason why MayRay can't use speed to draw penalties on the third line, then roll out the PP
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Benjo wrote:
I think AV may be testing the waters on this one to try and see if Raymond could draw a few penalties so we can bust out these new PP formations we've been keeping under wraps. LA is definitely one of the slower teams in the league and speed is one of our biggest assets, may as well exploit it. This will also give us a chance to see just how tight the officials will call it now that the rules have changed.
Problem is that Henrik is best at setting up plays in the opponent's zone, so he needs someone with finish.
No reason why MayRay can't use speed to draw penalties on the third line, then roll out the PP
I would agree with the finish part but I don't think the experiments involving Raymond in the bottom 6 have done very well thus far.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Benjo wrote:
I would agree with the finish part but I don't think the experiments involving Raymond in the bottom 6 have done very well thus far.
The unfortunate conclusion might just be that after getting a dirty hit from the Bruins & the recovery - he just doesn't have what it takes to make the team.
To keep him in the lineup means that we have to sit out Ebbett or Weise or Bitz - maybe the better option is to try out one of those 3 on the third line and bump up Higgens or Hansen, have MayRay on the 4th line (or press box!)

I get the feeling that he will be going back down if he has a weak game, but I just hope we don't have to lose to figure out what doesn't work. :(
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

AV had a comment about Raymond yesterday that went along the lines of "He's had a tough year coming back from the injury but now is the time he needs to step up".

The pessimist in me would suggest that is a warning shot that he better perform or he'll find himself with the black aces.

You don't break up the third line as it has just been too damn good. Which is shocking as it doesn't have Hodgson on it!

AV seems to be conceding that Raymond does not work on the second line so it's first line or bust right now for RAymond. If he struggles I wouldn't be shocked to see him moved to the 4th line and Lappy and Kassian get spots in the top 6...provided they are playing well in comparison.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

With Daniel out for who knows how long it is imperative that Keslers line gets going.

I really believe Kes is going to have a great playoffs.

Go Canucks all the way to the Cup.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Doobie doobie doooo
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Curious to see how David 'The Airhead' Booth handles his first playoff game.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

RoyalDude wrote:Curious to see how David 'The Airhead' Booth handles his first playoff game.
He'll probably just continue on being a two way force.

http://canucksarmy.com/2012/4/11/canuck ... ay-threats

I'm getting a kick out of all the hand wringing this year. We have a great team. IMO we're deeper this year than last, and we're definitely more experienced. Now let's see what they can do.

I'm so pumped. 7:30 can't come fast enough!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

herb wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Curious to see how David 'The Airhead' Booth handles his first playoff game.
He'll probably just continue on being a two way force.

http://canucksarmy.com/2012/4/11/canuck ... ay-threats

I'm getting a kick out of all the hand wringing this year. We have a great team. IMO we're deeper this year than last, and we're definitely more experienced. Now let's see what they can do.

I'm so pumped. 7:30 can't come fast enough!
I guess with the arrival of shut down hockey, that's a good thing, but to count on him and his linemate, ie Ryan Kesler to score right now? Yikes, especially with our top mesh rippler - Daniel Sedin out of the line-up and a piece of business named Jonathon Quick. Kes and the Air Bubble are about as dry as an AA meeting when it comes to Red Lighting.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

So airhead is your newest favourite saying?

You're always full of surprises RD.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

mathonwy wrote:So airhead is your newest favourite saying?

You're always full of surprises RD.
Or is it Air Bubble.

Darn it man. I can't keep up with you and your names.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The dude needs to get back on the weed. He is like an old granny on a meth bender whose welfare cheque is about to run out two weeks early.

I have no weed but I shall prevail. i found a thirty year old bottle of whiskey in my bar that I didn't know was there. It's a corked bottle similar to the corked whiskey i pounded back in game 7 against the Hawks. I'm not a huge rye drinker but I need to get off the beer.

Whiskey and Ginger it is !!

3 -1 Canucks.

Henrik
Kesler
Hamhuis

Kopitar
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The dude needs to get back on the weed. He is like an old granny on a meth bender whose welfare cheque is about to run out two weeks early.

I have neo weed but I shall prevail. i found a thirty year old bottle of whiskey in my bar that I didn't know was there. It's a corked bottle similar to the corked whiskey i pounded back in game 7 against the Hawks. I'm not a huge rye drinker but I need to get off the beer.

Whiskey and Ginger it is !!

3 -1 Canucks.

Henrik
Kesler
Hamhuis

Kopitar
Yeah baby.

I got some gourmet weed, I got some Glen Livet and I got 3 medium Panago pizza's coming.

I think I'm ready.

2-0 Nucks
SDG
Burr
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I have been on compo for three weeks matty. My weed source is a dude from work but I lost his number and he lives out in Ruskin. I am RTW next week on light duty so i have to wait it out until then. Fucking pricks still haven't punched through my claim . :evil:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
porp
CC Veteran

Post by porp »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I have been on compo for three weeks matty. My weed source is a dude from work but I lost his number and he lives out in Ruskin. I am RTW next week on light duty so i have to wait it out until then. Fucking pricks still haven't punched through my claim . :evil:
=(

I only recently found a new source, and got some nice sativa the second 'round. It's really nice, but provides less analgesic relief than the bog standard mafia-grown indica that's common here. I really need to switch to beer from Finlandia/Black Bush. Good thing I've got a sixer of Newcastle in the fridge.