GDT - Canucks vs Flames 6PM PST SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

old calamari
CC Veteran

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Flames 6PM PST SNET

Post by old calamari »

Fred wrote:
old calamari wrote:Anybody notice JackShit err Bitz out on the ice last night? I thought he was supposed to be a bigger upgrade than Kassian. Kassians turd has more speed than that guy.
The entire line up looked out of sorts last night, why single out Bitz? Probably the only exception was Higgins and Hansen. The rest looked like they were on vacation. Is that an attempt to be avantgarde :oops:
No just bustin Bitz balls a bit because he should have played with a little more ugency last night and got into some of the bs little scums that calgary tried to pull. Rumor has it that turds are avantgard in some levels of society usually reserved for politicions.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Mëds wrote: The piss poor.....

Our point men and their amazing puck control and pass coralling skills.

MAG.
Our point men ARE HORRIBLE!!

The speed at which they pass the puck from point to point is slow as shit giving the defenders all the time in the world to get in the shooting lane.

And when they go for the slap shot, everyone and their grandma sees it a mile away.

SO UNBELIEVABLY BAD.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I'm not going to bug on anyone particular because we who cares about that game.

No body got injured and it means nothing.

Buuuut....

Our power play. :( Our woeful powerless momentum killing power play has never looked worse than it does right now.

I'm fine with our players mailing in games right now but special teams should be post season sharp every time it happens. Our PK has been very very good but our 5on4 and 5on3 really has been horrible for quite a long time.

That's why there's a tiny bit of anxiety for me about this team. I have no doubt that they boys will turn it up come game 1 but there still seems like there's some fundamentals wrong with the PP.

Here's hoping the return of Ballard and Dank will have a positive impact.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What's the 'Countdown to the Flipping of the Switch' at now? Cause I can't wait to see this team when the Switch has been flipped. I sort of thought the Switch would have been flipped for last nights game because of the battle with St. Loo and NYR for the Presidents, but look who's wrong again? Chef Boi RD.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm lovin' the protectionism of Gragnani. It's in direct correlation to justifying the trade that Gillis made. See no monkey, hear no monkey when MAG steps on the ice.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:What's the 'Countdown to the Flipping of the Switch' at now? Cause I can't wait to see this team when the Switch has been flipped. I sort of thought the Switch would have been flipped for last nights game because of the battle with St. Loo and NYR for the Presidents, but look who's wrong again? Chef Boi RD.
Yeah, I'm not sure either. We should be 10-0 going into the playoffs. Instead we're only TIED for the hottest team in hockey at 7-2-1. What a Joke.
stoneboat
AHL Prospect

Post by stoneboat »

[quote="Arachnid
Really? They should try to get injured now so we have less depth than we did last year?
Look, we are in the playoffs, we a have a very good seating, a great road record and we will be 100% healthy (hopefully DanDan returns next week) when the winning the game means EVERYTHING!

Give your head a shake, you are just a fan with unreal expectations. Did AV or MG hold a major news conference deriding his fringe role players are coasting?! No, I would bet Sasha's 40 year old balls that they held a team meeting and told every player don't listen to the idiot media and fans...save it for when it counts...like they should have last year when the won even trophy except for the one that counts....back2back Presidents....lord fuck a duck, give me patience with these Canuck cretins...
[/quote]

Wow. You'll pardon me if I don't bother "giving my head a shake" at your command. And thanks for the Canuck cretin and idiot compliments as well. Did I say I want the precious 4th liners to go out and get injured? No, I just said that the bubble players might want to play a little harder to ensure they have a spot in next week's lineup. Is that an unreal expectation? I'm sorry if I think Bitz might want to bust his ass just a little bit harder. Or, conversely, maybe you should go tell Hansen and Higgins not to play so well -- you know, hold something in reserve for next week.

And why would it matter what AV or MG said or didn't say in a press conference? All I'm saying is that it was surprising to see a relatively low key game from Weise and Bitz last night. Does that sound like an unrealistic expectation? Or is this not a hockey team I'm watching, but a fucking country club?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

stoneboat wrote:
[quote="Arachnid]
Really? They should try to get injured now so we have less depth than we did last year?
Look, we are in the playoffs, we a have a very good seating, a great road record and we will be 100% healthy (hopefully DanDan returns next week) when the winning the game means EVERYTHING!

Give your head a shake, you are just a fan with unreal expectations. Did AV or MG hold a major news conference deriding his fringe role players are coasting?! No, I would bet Sasha's 40 year old balls that they held a team meeting and told every player don't listen to the idiot media and fans...save it for when it counts...like they should have last year when the won even trophy except for the one that counts....back2back Presidents....lord fuck a duck, give me patience with these Canuck cretins...
Wow. You'll pardon me if I don't bother "giving my head a shake" at your command. And thanks for the Canuck cretin and idiot compliments as well. Did I say I want the precious 4th liners to go out and get injured? No, I just said that the bubble players might want to play a little harder to ensure they have a spot in next week's lineup. Is that an unreal expectation? I'm sorry if I think Bitz might want to bust his ass just a little bit harder. Or, conversely, maybe you should go tell Hansen and Higgins not to play so well -- you know, hold something in reserve for next week.

And why would it matter what AV or MG said or didn't say in a press conference? All I'm saying is that it was surprising to see a relatively low key game from Weise and Bitz last night. Does that sound like an unrealistic expectation? Or is this not a hockey team I'm watching, but a fucking country club?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Sorry stoney, I never meant to insult you...I meant to insult RoyalDude 8-)

We all know the playoffs are an entirely different beast, these last two games must be incredibly hard to get up for, I mean really, the Flames?! The fans aren't even into it...and they still have Edmonton tomorrow...can't wait until next week....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
stoneboat
AHL Prospect

Post by stoneboat »

No worries -- I should have figured that one out. Yeah, we stunk out the last two games of last season as well, so there's no need to panic by any means. I'm not really worried, though I do wonder about the PP, and I always think the 4th liners should be more worried about job security, since that's one area we have lots of depth in. I can't wait until next week either -- we'll get the true idea of our team then.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

stoneboat wrote:
Wow. You'll pardon me if I don't bother "giving my head a shake" at your command.
Hey stoneboat,

Unfortunately, it's just the way most people talk around here. Instead of simply responding to the post at hand, there are always comments such as, "give your head a shake" and "what are you smoking?" type comments that precede the hockey posts. It's not up to me to decide whether that's right or wrong, but that's the reality of it. (((although in your instance, I suspect that the "insulting" post was meant for someone else))).

My best advice to you if you want to avoid such flames in the future, is to either....

1) Conform to what everyone else is typically saying and "blend in"
2) Be insanely knowledgeable about the Canucks and hockey in general.

Ironically enough, sites like these are not ideal for "typical fans" or for those that dare play devils advocate or create viewpoints from a different angle. I hope this changes in the future but for right now, conformity is king.......unless your hockey knowledge and hockey posts are off the charts spectacular.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Or be like me...... :roll:

I am hoping that the word from the gmmg and av were to not get hurt...to the entire roster....bubble guys as well.

Only thing Is burrows, higgins and a couple others still played pretty hard...so who really fuckin knows... :?:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

How about...who fucking cares about this game...lets go out and party later
or
The flames suck so bad I could give a shit about putting my body on the line to show a team of 4th liners and 6th defensemen that I rock
or
I can't fucking wait til next Wednesday

It could be any or all of the above but I know this, who fucking cares!!!!

Let the real games begin
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

If Luongo was in net the Nucks would of won 2 - 1, he could of had goal #2 and #3.
stoneboat
AHL Prospect

Post by stoneboat »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
stoneboat wrote:
Wow. You'll pardon me if I don't bother "giving my head a shake" at your command.
Hey stoneboat
Don't worry, Farhan, I lurked on CC for years and posted there a lot more frequently than I do here, so I know the score. Most posters are quite familiar to me. I'm not insanely knowledgeable, as you say, but I'm never one to panic about the team, either. I keep a pretty level head. Anyway, I don't think my post was flame-worthy, so that's why I fired back, but as it turns out I wasn't the one being flamed. Now, the Dude -- there's a man who plays devil's advocate.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

stoneboat wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:
stoneboat wrote:
Hey stoneboat
Don't worry, Farhan, I lurked on CC for years and posted there a lot more frequently than I do here, so I know the score. Most posters are quite familiar to me. I'm not insanely knowledgeable, as you say, but I'm never one to panic about the team, either. I keep a pretty level head. Anyway, I don't think my post was flame-worthy, so that's why I fired back, but as it turns out I wasn't the one being flamed. Now, the Dude -- there's a man who plays devil's advocate.
stonedboater = New Favourite Poster! :drunk:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)