GDT - Canucks vs Flames 6PM PST SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Flames 6PM PST SNET

Post by griz »

They have made changes, but from my point fo view they have not addressed the weaknesses.
Which weaknesses are you reffering to? If the weekenesses they had last year got them to within a game of winning it all, I wouldn't worry much. They're deeper, tougher and more experienced than last year. Booth, Kassian, Bitz, Pahlsson and Reinprecht should help no?

They've definetely been coasting for a while ... winning anyhow.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

old calamari wrote:Anybody notice JackShit err Bitz out on the ice last night? I thought he was supposed to be a bigger upgrade than Kassian. Kassians turd has more speed than that guy.
[PosterEdit] Are you trying to put BikerDude in a foul mood? :evil: And on a Good Friday of all days? I hope he smokes up before he reads that.... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
old calamari wrote:Anybody notice JackShit err Bitz out on the ice last night? I thought he was supposed to be a bigger upgrade than Kassian. Kassians turd has more speed than that guy.
For a guy that should be going balls out to get into the playoff lineup he didn't show much juice did he?

I wonder if his fan club will show their mugs in here to explain his lousy play.
He has a fan club?! :eh: I just want him to crush any Marchand-like players that punch the Sedins in the face....wasn't that the reason for the season? HaaaaySeus!
stoneboat
AHL Prospect

Post by stoneboat »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Listercat wrote:As an asside why are the bubble players on Vancouver playing so shitty ??? Guys like Weise, Ebbet, Gragnani, Rome , Bitz and Raymond should be going balls out to prove to AV they belong in the lineup come game 1. Then again we know Raymond will be on the 2nd line and Rome will be in the lineup regardless so i guess it excuses those two. :?
Really good point. If our core group wants to 'stick with the process' and save their energy or whatever, that's their perogative, I guess. But this was a perfect game for the bubble players to step up and battle for their spot in the line-up. It's disturbing to imagine a certain amount of complacency is running all the way through to the 4th liners and 7/8th defensemen.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

stoneboat wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Listercat wrote:As an asside why are the bubble players on Vancouver playing so shitty ??? Guys like Weise, Ebbet, Gragnani, Rome , Bitz and Raymond should be going balls out to prove to AV they belong in the lineup come game 1. Then again we know Raymond will be on the 2nd line and Rome will be in the lineup regardless so i guess it excuses those two. :?
Really good point. If our core group wants to 'stick with the process' and save their energy or whatever, that's their perogative, I guess. But this was a perfect game for the bubble players to step up and battle for their spot in the line-up. It's disturbing to imagine a certain amount of complacency is running all the way through to the 4th liners and 7/8th defensemen.
No it's not, it's regular season and a mean nothing game, it's funny how all the fans who think the Presidents Trophy or players coasting (probably at the direction of the coach and management) is a big concern. Were you not watching game 7 of the Final last year? We ran out of gas...we had nothing left...best save it for the real season...
stoneboat
AHL Prospect

Post by stoneboat »

But that's just my point -- it's not a mean-nothing game for guys like Weise, Bitz or Ebbett, who may be sitting in the press box come playoffs. Those guys are cannon fodder, and should be battling for the right to be in the lineup, not saving themselves for games they may never get to play. We have lots of bottom 6 depth. They should be competing for spots, not worrying about keeping themselves fresh. And Raymond should be proving he belongs in the top 6, although like Blob says, he'll probably end up there anyway.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

stoneboat wrote:But that's just my point -- it's not a mean-nothing game for guys like Weise, Bitz or Ebbett, who may be sitting in the press box come playoffs. Those guys are cannon fodder, and should be battling for the right to be in the lineup, not saving themselves for games they may never get to play. We have lots of bottom 6 depth. They should be competing for spots, not worrying about keeping themselves fresh. And Raymond should be proving he belongs in the top 6, although like Blob says, he'll probably end up there anyway.
Really? They should try to get injured now so we have less depth than we did last year?
Look, we are in the playoffs, we a have a very good seating, a great road record and we will be 100% healthy (hopefully DanDan returns next week) when the winning the game means EVERYTHING!

Give your head a shake, you are just a fan with unreal expectations. Did AV or MG hold a major news conference deriding his fringe role players are coasting?! No, I would bet Sasha's 40 year old balls that they held a team meeting and told every player don't listen to the idiot media and fans...save it for when it counts...like they should have last year when the won even trophy except for the one that counts....back2back Presidents....lord fuck a duck, give me patience with these Canuck cretins...
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

The entire line up looked out of sorts last night, why single out Bitz? Probably the only exception was Higgins and Hansen. The rest looked like they were on vacation. Is that an attempt to be avantgarde :oops:
cheers
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Arachnid wrote:No it's not, it's regular season and a mean nothing game, it's funny how all the fans who think the Presidents Trophy or players coasting (probably at the direction of the coach and management) is a big concern. Were you not watching game 7 of the Final last year? We ran out of gas...we had nothing left...best save it for the real season...
Weise, Ebbett and Bitz all had plenty of opportunity to rest this year - although I didn't watch the game last night and couldn't say that the fourth line playing like it was game 7 would have made the difference..
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Fucking Snyder is supposed to steel these games for us. WTF, is he too distracted at homle by the gash crying over Milan's tweeting speed bag twat.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Larry Goodenough wrote:With the Presidents Trophy on the line and the pressure on, Luongo crapped the bed... again.

He let in 3 goals on 15 shots in the 3rd and did not give his team a chance to win. Sure, you could blame some d-men and poor coverage, but Luongo has to make some of those saves when it matters.

So true Larry, so true. Unlike some Luongo apologists here I think he should have had all three of those. He was carrying a SO into the third behind the best team in the league at holding down third period leads and he lets 3 soft ones in. Just when he team decided to play hockey and put the pressure on he lets in a softie and that is all she wrote. He makes that one save and Hansen's goal ties it up and we win in OT and all is right with the world.

If only Luongo had made those saves.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Larry Goodenough wrote:With the Presidents Trophy on the line and the pressure on, Luongo crapped the bed... again.

He let in 3 goals on 15 shots in the 3rd and did not give his team a chance to win. Sure, you could blame some d-men and poor coverage, but Luongo has to make some of those saves when it matters.

So true Larry, so true. Unlike some Luongo apologists here I think he should have had all three of those. He was carrying a SO into the third behind the best team in the league at holding down third period leads and he lets 3 soft ones in. Just when he team decided to play hockey and put the pressure on he lets in a softie and that is all she wrote. He makes that one save and Hansen's goal ties it up and we win in OT and all is right with the world.

If only Luongo had made those saves.
Poor Luo :(

Soooooooooo, got velcro™ ?! 8-)

Don't make me post more Canuck babes :mrgreen:
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: Oh, and Schneider cost them Pres..not clutch, needs to be jeered/traded...Loungo's our man.
I say Lack has earned a shot, too.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

BCExpat wrote: They have made changes, but from my point fo view they have not addressed the weaknesses. What do you guys think? Look - I'm not trolling here - this is a legit question.
The only weakness I saw last season revolved around forward depth and more specifically gritty types who can play in traffic.

I think they have added players like that to the current roster.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Potatoe1 wrote:
BCExpat wrote: They have made changes, but from my point fo view they have not addressed the weaknesses. What do you guys think? Look - I'm not trolling here - this is a legit question.
The only weakness I saw last season revolved around forward depth and more specifically gritty types who can play in traffic.

I think they have added players like that to the current roster.

The whole f***ing team was weak last year . Look at all the injuries. Strong men don't get hurt. We need a JBow on the team. A real man with a real iron man streak. :D
The only HW the Canucks need