GDT - Canucks vs Flames 6PM PST SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Flames 6PM PST SNET

Post by Hockey Widow »

Lets see. Our top 4 D men are Edler, Salo, Hamhuis and Bieksa. Didn't they all play tonight? Yep.

What a poor performance all around tonight. Once again we turned it on near the end of the game but fell short this time. No excuses for letting a bad team like Calgary that really didn't play all that well own this game. St. Cory couldn't close the door tonight folks.

I shouldn't feel disappointed in game 81 but I do. Now we have to hope for help again. The only positive about that is that by the time our game starts on Saturday we should know if it means anything for us or not.

Ya and MAG gets his required games in so lets see Tanev back in on Saturday. If the game is meaningless for us then rest Hank who took a pretty good slash on the wrist. In fact if the game is meaningless I'd rest as many as I could and dress all the scrubs and subs.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Well, MAG has his required games to avoid UFA. Lets wave goodbye to him until next year and an off-season of being bag-ridden to improve his performance.

What is now what? -5 since joining the team?

God help me for saying it but I MISS BALLARD!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

wafflecombine wrote:
Why wouldn't you miss the 5th best d-man on the team?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

wafflecombine wrote:Well, MAG has his required games to avoid UFA. Lets wave goodbye to him until next year and an off-season of being bag-ridden to improve his performance.

Gragnani has a little to do with the loss tonight. The whole defense, except Hamhuis, played like shit tonight. What the hell was Bieksa thinking on the first goal against?? Did he think the whistle was blown?? For the last goal against, the puck bounced like a pinball. Perhaps Gragnani should knock someone down but seriously it was an unlucky goal for the Canucks. The powerplays have been pretty useless lately. I seriously hope that they were trying to hide their masterplan from the other teams scouts. :|
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Outside of Higgins, Burrows, and Hansen, the team should be outright ashamed of their performance tonight.

NYR loses in regulation. The President's Trophy is in their hands with just 3 points. Even getting to OT would have been enough, but no, can't do it. Get up 1-0 and then play like shit. This team is not the team I want to watch in a game 7 do or die matchup with ANYONE. I know they said they don't care about the President's Trophy or any of the personal accolades, but I'm bracing myself for some extreme disappointment in the next 2 weeks. This team couldn't have beat the Calgary Hitman, let alone the Flames or, gasp, dare I say it.....an actual playoff team. :eh:

Ultimately the single goat of this one is Henrik Sedin. Helped with the turnover right in front for goal number 2. Then tries a S-T-U-P-I-D backhanded, no look, off-balance, pass to the point that turns the puck over in the offensive zone with the Flames on their heels, the rush goes the other way, and boom. Game winner ensues.

The good.....

Burrows, Hansen, Higgins. All great games tonight, par for the course of late.

The usual.....

Schneider, solid when called upon, only one he MIGHT have had was the 2nd goal, but it was a perfect shot from the slot.

Lapierre. Another good game for him. One play that stood out was when he took the pass in his feet, off the skate up to the stick and a quick shot that nearly fooled Kiprusoff. He has more offensive upside than I thought.

The meh.....

The blueline crew.

Henrik and Kesler.

Pahlsson.

The piss poor.....

Our point men and their amazing puck control and pass coralling skills.

MAG.

No energy or effort tonight in what should have been a gimme. Not sure what is going to motivate them to come out and put it all together if the chance to win a second President's Trophy on the backs of the Rangers' error and a couple of matchups against bottom feeder clubs.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

wafflecombine wrote:Well, MAG has his required games to avoid UFA. Lets wave goodbye to him until next year and an off-season of being bag-ridden to improve his performance.

TSN has amazing powers. They tell people MAG was to blame for two goals and CDC, HF and CC all agree whole-heartedly.

I do not think I have seen a worse play this year than Bieksa watching the play from the corner as Cammi walked unattended to the front of the net. I think he needs more maintenance.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

KB3 and Henrik can wear the horns on this one. Love where Hamhuis' game is at right now offensively and defensively, hopefully he doesn't try to hip check any ogres this playoff run.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

thoughts...

Fairly drastic changes to lineup/blueline during a win streak will affect rhythm..but no prob, had to be done.

Really missed seeing Tanev out there, that's how much he's impressed me lately..gotta be in the starting 6 come Wed.

Likely destined for 3rd overall and 2nd in Conf...shrugs, fine with that.

Too bad Rangers, Blues games aren't on in the morn Sat so we can find out early the Oil game will be mean nothing..then we can give more than few players much needed maintenance days...Kes, Hank, Booth, Higs, Edler, Sammy, Hammy...fans can jeer AV.

Expect a loss to spOilers regardless.

How much are tickets in Phoenix?

Oh, and Schneider cost them Pres..not clutch, needs to be jeered/traded...Loungo's our man.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Hey - legit question here - no trolling. Do you guys think the Canucks are just coasting? Are you concerned with their play ( hey - from my point of view they look pretty good). Here's my point - can they turn it around for the playoffs? From my point of view, they don't seem to be the dominate team they were last year. They have made changes, but from my point fo view they have not addressed the weaknesses. What do you guys think? Look - I'm not trolling here - this is a legit question. Are the Canucks tough enough to go all the way??

Personnally, as a fan of another team - I won't bet against the Canucks - they look like a strong contingent, and look like a team that is going far. I don't think they are as strong as they were last year, but the competition doesn't look as strong either.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Yawn...
Wake me when a game actually means something...
Haven't they earned our patience?
If you need air...call it in
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Yawn...
Wake me when a game actually means something...
Haven't they earned our patience?
8-) There are those on here that think a PT is worth more than a Cup at this point and unless the team puts in 110% effort to achieve it they are terrible.

Meh, really Phlem fans? It was the highlight of the year to beat Vancouver last night?

Just glad none of our boys got injured in a meaningless game.

1 more to go...and then show time!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

With the Presidents Trophy on the line and the pressure on, Luongo crapped the bed... again.

He let in 3 goals on 15 shots in the 3rd and did not give his team a chance to win. Sure, you could blame some d-men and poor coverage, but Luongo has to make some of those saves when it matters.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BCExpat wrote:Hey - legit question here - no trolling. Do you guys think the Canucks are just coasting? Are you concerned with their play ( hey - from my point of view they look pretty good). Here's my point - can they turn it around for the playoffs? From my point of view, they don't seem to be the dominate team they were last year. They have made changes, but from my point fo view they have not addressed the weaknesses. What do you guys think? Look - I'm not trolling here - this is a legit question. Are the Canucks tough enough to go all the way??

Personnally, as a fan of another team - I won't bet against the Canucks - they look like a strong contingent, and look like a team that is going far. I don't think they are as strong as they were last year, but the competition doesn't look as strong either.
Expat they have had their foot off the gas for the past 6 weeks.

I'm not sure if it's the way to go but I guess we will find out. Clearly the team has been playing to not get anyone injured and if Daniel Sedin is ready to go next week they will be 100 % healthy .

I would have liked to see them mix in a few PP goals as that unit has looked like shit for the past three months.

I think they are a bit tougher this season than last especially if they can find a way to get both Kassian and Bitz in the lineup on a somewhat regular basis.
old calamari
CC Veteran

Post by old calamari »

Anybody notice JackShit err Bitz out on the ice last night? I thought he was supposed to be a bigger upgrade than Kassian. Kassians turd has more speed than that guy.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

old calamari wrote:Anybody notice JackShit err Bitz out on the ice last night? I thought he was supposed to be a bigger upgrade than Kassian. Kassians turd has more speed than that guy.
For a guy that should be going balls out to get into the playoff lineup he didn't show much juice did he?

I wonder if his fan club will show their mugs in here to explain his lousy play.