GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Post by Chef Boi RD »

coco_canuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: I thought you were going to say Colton
:lol:

Colton was a pussy who couldn't hack it on the Island, Richard was into self voyeurism, but he was a winner.
Colton will be back in a new season, trust me, we have not seen the last of the Genius of Colton.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

coco_canuck wrote:
Nuckertuzzi wrote: Understood. But Lu supporters also have to identify that some of his critics have very legitimate points and concerns and if they can't, then they're just as dumb and irrational.
Yeah, and discussing legitimate concerns isn't the problem.

The issue is the retarded segment of Canucks fans and the media making this a far greater and worrisome issue than it is.

I'd love to have a rational conversation about the Canucks goaltending situation, but the vast majority of the goaltending discourse has been far from rational.
Vancouver has more than its fair share of idiot fans ..Been that way for a long time ( maybe some of you remember Team Canada being booed in the Coloseum in game 4 of one of the greatest series of all time where the Canadian team played their hearts out and "The Henderson Goal" became the criteria for a pure gutsy effort ) .. Add the 94 and last years riots to the scorecard and hands down we get the prize for the Stupidest fan base in hockey..

The goaltender problem is a new one to Vancouver and one most fans fail to appreciate...After years of mediocrity WE GOT 2 damm good goaltenders :) . One a proven world class veteran and one that might turn out to be as good . Instead of Booing Lou I'd like to see more cheering for either Lou or Schneider on some of their great saves.. and games.

IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN .. but one can dream..

we got those 10 pages full yet??
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

RoyalDude wrote: Colton will be back in a new season, trust me, we have not seen the last of the Genius of Colton.
It's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy.

There's a difference between advancing astroscience and colonizing the moon.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

RoyalDude wrote:
Fred wrote:
Kassian I tried to give him a few games before making any judgement but he's had a few games now and shows the same now as he did when he first arrived. I will say this for a young kid to play against men is very tough, I'm hoping he'll grow into his job (mentally ) and start to dominate. Vcr is trying to get bigger it's a shame they didn't recognize the need earlier in the Sedins time frame.
I don't buy this excuse regarding Kassian in a man's world. Have you not been seeing former Draft Mate of Kassian, same age, same size, drafted in the 4th round, former teamate, the monster play of Buffalo's Marcus Foligno since his call-up after the trade deadline? Shit did he demolish Frattin in that scrap last night. This guy is a nasty piece of business, and skilled to boot.
First of all Kassian would destroy Frattan as well. But player do get intimidated when they move from Junior to the NHl..it depends more on the role you play. This is often evident in other forms of physical work. Youngsters have muscle, pro's have strength and power and confidence
cheers
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fred wrote:
First of all Kassian would destroy Frattan as well. But player do get intimidated when they move from Junior to the NHl..it depends more on the role you play. This is often evident in other forms of physical work. Youngsters have muscle, pro's have strength and power and confidence
Bottom line is, the proof is in the play, since the Trade Deadline when both players were called up. Foligno looks like a cagey vet (6 goals and 7 assists in 13 games) when compared to Kassian who looks completely lost like Stojanov was lost.

Stick a fork in the rotting carcass'ian, he's done. Time to bring back the Ballroom Bitz.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Tiger.....a very select few have come to believe..it was in fact the "tough love" or Booing as you put it, that caused team Canada to up thier game and win that series.....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

coco_canuck wrote: I'd love to have a rational conversation about the Canucks goaltending situation, but the vast majority of the goaltending discourse has been far from rational.

There are extremes on either side of the spectrum..not just one.

While admittedly my posts lean more on the side of critic, I also recognize that...

Lu is an outstanding and unbelievably consistent regular season goalie throughout his career with tremendous numbers to back it up.

Lu has been good enough in the big stage to win a country a gold medal and bring a team to the seventh game of a Stanley Cup playoffs.

Schneids hasn't really proven anything and may never reach the career heights that Lu has so far.

Schneids could prove to be one of those goalies who appear to be the next big thing only to show otherwise soon after given the opportunity..of which there are many examples (Corey Crawford being the latest perhaps).

I get all that. I also get that...

Lu stunk it up in a dozen playoff games the past three seasons costing us opportunities to advance.

Lu has a tendency to give up on games when he let's in bad goals early and takes too long to recover from them.

Lu is a me-first athlete with a bit of a volatile personality that can and actually did cost us (notice all his interviews are about him).

Schneids is an uber team guy with unmatched intelligence and character traits (notice all his interviews are about his team and teammates).

Schneids could actually be the next big thing if given the opportunity and has shown absolutely nothing to prove otherwise.

It's a gamble either way. If I'm looking at it from a big picture standpoint, we've had this core for four or five years now and we haven't gotten the job done. We got close but that's not getting the job done if we believe this team is capable of winning it all (I do). When you fall short in five years, it's time to start thinking about trying other more drastic things. I don't think it's too drastic to try a different goalie, who appears more than capable, when your main one shows a propensity to let bad goals snowball into something bigger and when it tends to happen at the least opportune times.

I'm not saying start him over Lu from game 1 of the playoffs. I'm saying it's time to have a more itchy-trigger approach, unlike last spring. The moment the signs are there, pull the trigger. Don't wait 10 goals against the Hawks and 12 goals against the Bruins when the trigger was never pulled.
Last edited by Nuckertuzzi on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Lou's career here is tits up unless he wins the Cup. Then we will take him to our bosom.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Be very careful, Fred. You're thinking outside the CC box here and that alone is enough to send the hoi polloi here straight to the medicine cabinet for an overdose of Zanax. Some advice

- Never criticize - Malhotra, Kassian or Booth

- Never see the good in - Mason Raymond (see every Tantalum post)

- Never say - 'the twins carry this team', like how Iginla carries the Flames

- Champion every sneeze (move) Gillis makes and never question them

If you abide by those, you will blend in well with the Stepford community here. To stay alive on CC Island, you must be like-able and forgettable, just blend into the background quietly.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post of the year....so far.... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

damonberryman wrote:Lou's career here is tits up unless he wins the Cup. Then we will take him to our bosom.
Tis better to show up late.....than not to show at all..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Awesome post Nuckertuzzi. I couldn't agree anymore.

Nuckertuzzi wrote:

There are extremes on either side of the spectrum..not just one.

While admittedly my posts lean more on the side of critic, I also recognize that...

Lu is an outstanding and unbelievably consistent regular season goalie throughout his career with tremendous numbers to back it up.

Lu has been good enough in the big stage to win a country a gold medal and bring a team to the seventh game of a Stanley Cup playoffs.

Schneids hasn't really proven anything and may never reach the career heights that Lu has so far.

Schneids could prove to be one of those goalies who appear to be the next big thing only to show otherwise soon after given the opportunity..of which there are many examples (Corey Crawford being the latest perhaps).

I get all that. I also get that...

Lu stunk it up in a dozen playoff games the past three seasons costing us opportunities to advance.

Lu has a tendency to give up on games when he let's in bad goals early and takes too long to recover from them.

Lu is a me-first athlete with a bit of a volatile personality that can and actually did cost us (notice all his interviews are about him).

Schneids is an uber team guy with unmatched intelligence and character traits (notice all his interviews are about his team and teammates).

Schneids could actually be the next big thing if given the opportunity and has shown absolutely nothing to prove otherwise.

It's a gamble either way. If I'm looking at it from a big picture standpoint, we've had this core for four or five years now and we haven't gotten the job done. We got close but that's not getting the job done if we believe this team is capable of winning it all (I do). When you fall short in five years, it's time to start thinking about trying other more drastic things. I don't think it's too drastic to try a different goalie, who appears more than capable, when your main one shows a propensity to let bad goals snowball into something bigger and when it tends to happen at the least opportune times.

I'm not saying start him over Lu from game 1 of the playoffs. I'm saying it's time to have a more itchy-trigger approach, unlike last spring. The moment the signs are there, pull the trigger. Don't wait 10 goals against the Hawks and 12 goals against the Bruins when the trigger was never pulled.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Fred wrote:Tanev last night was ...swatted away by an opponent. He's good but he's awfully light right now. Lets hope he shows some offensive side in the future
Lidstrom was often swatted away by opponents when his career was still in its infancy. He still is swatted away when he engages physically along the boards. Instead he plays to his strengths, uses his stick and positioning, and generally just out thinks the other guy.....and he's been the best defenseman in the NHL for about a decade. Tanev is similar, not big and imposing, not the fastest skater, but good with his stick and fairly smart for a young defenseman. I don't think he'll ever be a Nik Lidstrom, but the similarities are certainly there. If he puts on another 5-10 pounds, he'll be a good top 4 defenseman for us going forward.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: I'm not saying start him over Lu from game 1 of the playoffs. I'm saying it's time to have a more itchy-trigger approach, unlike last spring. The moment the signs are there, pull the trigger. Don't wait 10 goals against the Hawks and 12 goals against the Bruins when the trigger was never pulled.
And I haven't said anything to the contrary. You can go back on my posts on Luongo and Schneider you'll see I come to the same conclusion.

THIS is the rational discussion to be had, not the other BS we're seeing.

The problem is the personal animosity that's growing between fans and a player, and the media's insistence to feed the fire.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

RoyalDude wrote: Bottom line is, the proof is in the play...

Canucks tied for first overall.

Sabres struggling to qualify for post season.

Proof is in the play indeed.

C'mon Dude, you're better than being an antagonist just for the sake of doing it.

Make the arguments you're capable of without the cheesy slags and ridiculous nicks.
DeLevering since 1999.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

coco_canuck wrote: And I haven't said anything to the contrary. You can go back on my posts on Luongo and Schneider you'll see I come to the same conclusion.
I never implied you did..no problems there.

coco_canuck wrote: The problem is the personal animosity that's growing between fans and a player, and the media's insistence to feed the fire.
Yeah I agree the media makes it worse than it is. I personally didn't think that reaction last night was all that bad but TSN and the local media made it out like Lu is a total victim and ALL Canucks fans are morons who know shit about the game. For one thing I find that incredibly insulting. Another thing is if he was/is a victim, boo-fucking-hoo! C'mon, for someone who needs his ego fed constantly he must be pretty full playing in an arena that belts out "Loooooo" after every save. Is there another goalie in the league that has that kind of audible support?? Mix in the odd jeers now and then and aw man poor guy don't deserve it.

The guy's been babied throughout his time here having his way pretty much since day one..unlike anything I've seen from a single player. When you tell your coach "don't you dare pull me" after getting shelled the way he did against the B's in Game 3, and he gets his wish completely undeservingly, it tells you just how much pull the guy gets. On top of all that he gets paid like no other goalie in the league. Yet we're the bad guy for disapproving a bad game??? Suck it up!