GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

coco_canuck wrote:Canucks fans and big picture?

C'mon now, you're generalizing. Do all Canucks fans riot too?
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: C'mon now, you're generalizing. Do all Canucks fans riot too?
Sure, I'm generalizing, but I'm not making fun of you.

Hard to quantify, but the vast majority of Canucks fans expressing angst, particularly over Luo, aren't very bright, and believe me, most have difficulty identifying the big picture.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

coco_canuck wrote: I'm not making fun of you.

Of course not, known you long enough to know you wouldn't dis an old buddy ;) .

coco_canuck wrote: Hard to quantify, but the vast majority of Canucks fans expressing angst, particularly over Luo, aren't very bright, and believe me, most have difficulty identifying the big picture.

Understood. But Lu supporters also have to identify that some of his critics have very legitimate points and concerns and if they can't, then they're just as dumb and irrational.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: Understood. But Lu supporters also have to identify that some of his critics have very legitimate points and concerns and if they can't, then they're just as dumb and irrational.
Yeah, and discussing legitimate concerns isn't the problem.

The issue is the retarded segment of Canucks fans and the media making this a far greater and worrisome issue than it is.

I'd love to have a rational conversation about the Canucks goaltending situation, but the vast majority of the goaltending discourse has been far from rational.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

As for the reaction Lu got from the fans last not, I agree that it was unfair given the great season he's had thus far. But while the expression was wrong, for me it was less about Lu's performance than a combination of the fans anxiousness to see Schneids again after that unbelievable performance against Dallas and the fact it had to take several games and more than a few bad goals by Lu for that to happen.

I really think they were cheering Schneids more than they were jeering Lu. That's how I reacted anyway.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

coco_canuck wrote:
Nuckertuzzi wrote: Understood. But Lu supporters also have to identify that some of his critics have very legitimate points and concerns and if they can't, then they're just as dumb and irrational.
Yeah, and discussing legitimate concerns isn't the problem.

The issue is the retarded segment of Canucks fans and the media making this a far greater and worrisome issue than it is.

I'd love to have a rational conversation about the Canucks goaltending situation, but the vast majority of the goaltending discourse has been far from rational.
The unfortunate thing is, this irrationality about Luongo IS reality.

When Luo got the hook last night, there were cheers at the Charles. My cousin turns over and asks me quietly, do you guys have a goaltending issue? I'm like.. *facepalm*

No matter how much we debate it, there will always be a very vocal minority in Vancouver that will crucify Luo every chance they get.

Interesting twitter recant by the Province.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Robe ... story.html
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hockey Widow wrote:It poses an interesting dilemma doesn't it. Hank's line works very well together as it forces Hank to be more creative. Both Burrows and Lappy will go to the net and have great shots. It makes the line tough to play against.

The third line is fine the way it is.

So the question becomes who plays on the second line. We know Kesler will be there. Should we try Dank? Keep Booth? Put Bitz in? Put Kassian in? Leave Raymond. We have choices and I for one would like to see a little mix up in the lines. Of course this weakens our 4th line depending upon how AV wants to mix it but Manny seems more than capable of holding down the centre spot there. And there is always Reiprecht when he gets recalled although I doubt Manny sits for him.

But it is an interesting question on how do you fix the second line? We need it going in the playoffs and Kesler and Booth need something on their line. Maybe Lappy and put Dank on the 1st again?
Agree But a GOOD dilemma.. If Dank goes to the second ( or 1a ) line it makes the Canucks a lot harder to play against and as a bonus gives both the twins a bit more "protection"... send Raymond down of course.. Use Booth or Kassian on the Kesler/Dank line.. 2 lines that have toughness and skill... Just hope Daniel comes back from cuckoo land and AV tries it out for the last couple games..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Nuckertuzzi wrote:As for the reaction Lu got from the fans last not, I agree that it was unfair given the great season he's had thus far. But while the expression was wrong, for me it was less about Lu's performance than a combination of the fans anxiousness to see Schneids again after that unbelievable performance against Dallas and the fact it had to take several games and more than a few bad goals by Lu for that to happen.
That's not correct.

Fans have been much less understanding when it comes to a bad game or bad goal by Luongo, specifically from the Rogers Arena game. I've been to the majority of home games, and it's been a recurrent theme for nearly every bad home game Lu has had this season.

Right now, Schneids can't do anything wrong in the eyes of Canucks fans, and that comes with the novelty. He's going to have his struggles, and he he's going to bomb a playoff series or two at some point, just like every single star goalie has done over the course of a career.

Those who understand the big picture, realize that Schneider isn't necessarily going to be an infallible force, and that chances are he will have some struggles along the way, even if he gets the starting job for game 1 of the post-season. Most of us understand those struggles are par for the course, but this year, if the number 1 guy struggles in the playoffs, Schneider will be called on to step in.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fred wrote:Watching last nights game I started to think of some of the players ratings.

Edler to me has taken a step backwards this season
Booth, has limited skills. He's primarily a shooter.
Raymond is fast and did i say he's fast
Kassian, seems to be in a daze
Luongo is not a brick wall.
Burrows/Higgins/Hansen are the best value on the team
Schneider's personality was made for his position.
Salo can still play, but looks like he is slowing down...just a tad
Bieska drifts in and out of consciousness, really laying an egg now and then
Hamhuis is our best D.
Kesler is a better quality Booth with great defensive abilities..I don't think we'll see another 40 goal season from him
Malhotra may never regain his pre injury status
Pahlsson might be worth resigning
Tanev on an upward curve
The twins carry the team
AV able to keep this group together and fall into a system that produces the end product..priceless.

This might keep a few of you screaming and yelling for a while :o :o
Be very careful, Fred. You're thinking outside the CC box here and that alone is enough to send the hoi polloi here straight to the medicine cabinet for an overdose of Zanax. Some advice

- Never criticize - Malhotra, Kassian or Booth

- Never see the good in - Mason Raymond (see every Tantalum post)

- Never say - 'the twins carry this team', like how Iginla carries the Flames

- Champion every sneeze (move) Gillis makes and never question them

If you abide by those, you will blend in well with the Stepford community here. To stay alive on CC Island, you must be like-able and forgettable, just blend into the background quietly.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

RoyalDude wrote:To stay alive on CC Island, you must be like-able and forgettable, just blend into the background quietly.
You remind me of Richard.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fred wrote:
And as a top 6 forward to often fails miserably to score on any kind of consistent bases....and that my friend is one of his prime jobs. By the way another great skater had all those same skills you list...Toller Cranston :D
and David 'The Air Bubble' Booth
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

coco_canuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:To stay alive on CC Island, you must be like-able and forgettable, just blend into the background quietly.
You remind me of Richard.
I thought you were going to say Colton
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

coco_canuck wrote:
Hard to quantify, but the vast majority of Canucks fans expressing angst, particularly over Luo, aren't very bright, and believe me, most have difficulty identifying the big picture.
Generalizing
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fred wrote:
Kassian I tried to give him a few games before making any judgement but he's had a few games now and shows the same now as he did when he first arrived. I will say this for a young kid to play against men is very tough, I'm hoping he'll grow into his job (mentally ) and start to dominate. Vcr is trying to get bigger it's a shame they didn't recognize the need earlier in the Sedins time frame.
I don't buy this excuse regarding Kassian in a man's world. Have you not been seeing former Draft Mate of Kassian, same age, same size, drafted in the 4th round, former teamate, the monster play of Buffalo's Marcus Foligno since his call-up after the trade deadline? Shit did he demolish Frattin in that scrap last night. This guy is a nasty piece of business, and skilled to boot.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

RoyalDude wrote: I thought you were going to say Colton
:lol:

Colton was a pussy who couldn't hack it on the Island, Richard was into self voyeurism, but he was a winner.