GDT: Canucks @ Avalanche - 19:00PST, CBC HNiC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Avalanche - 19:00PST, CBC HNiC

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

porp wrote:Ok, Kassian definitely looks bigger on TV than from the nosebleeds at WhateverPlace. Moves well for a big guy.
Stan Kroenkes sugar momma arena. Give us back the damn Woodward ranch you son of a bitch!
If you need air...call it in
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

porp wrote:Ok, Kassian definitely looks bigger on TV than from the nosebleeds at WhateverPlace. Moves well for a big guy.
He's gonna be a beauty. EXACTLY what the Canucks have lacked over the past couple years. Big body that can play and FIGHT. Once this kid hits 23-25 years old... <insert gay-like comment here> :lol:.

I dunno if anyone caught it last game, AV holding the kid back on the bench when a scrum was happening on the ice right in front of him. Love the raw "meanness" in him. Something the coach would never have to do with Bernier or Pyatt...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:First Raymond makes a pass that is 6 feet behind Hamhuis (who would have been in all alone on Varlamov). Then Raymond has a clear look at the net on a setup from Hamhuis (who recovered the puck quickly and made a nice play), but MayRay puts it STRAIGHT INTO VARLAMOV. At least make him reach for it. I'm actually happier when he misses the net because at least the goalie had to move to make the save.

Can we bench #21 yet?
Too bad we didn't trade him for some more Meat and Potatoes like a Matt Stajan or a Jay McLement type, ya know, Daryl Sutter shut down type hockey, we could use more of that, cause offensive creativity we got loads of.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
He's gonna be a beauty. EXACTLY what the Canucks have lacked over the past couple years. Big body that can play and FIGHT. Once this kid hits 23-25 years old... <insert gay-like comment here> :lol:.

I dunno if anyone caught it last game, AV holding the kid back on the bench when a scrum was happening on the ice right in front of him. Love the raw "meanness" in him. Something the coach would never have to do with Bernier or Pyatt...
Um, has Kassian played a shift in the 3rd?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
porp
CC Veteran

Post by porp »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Love the raw "meanness" in him. Something the coach would never have to do with Bernier or Pyatt...
Yes! That's an element that this team has been deficient in for a very long time. Although it doesn't quite feel like "mean" - he doesn't have the crazy or hyper-aggressiveness, but if he can work on confidence and, maybe righteousnous then perhaps...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

porp wrote: Although it doesn't quite feel like "mean" - he doesn't have the crazy or hyper-aggressiveness
Would hate to see him get more tuning like the tuning he got from Staubitz a couple weeks back. The kid ain't no Lucic, so people need to lower them expectations. That being said, I agree with Island Nucklehead, fighting wins you hockey games, it's the most important part of your team.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

Um, has Kassian played a shift in the 3rd?
Three shifts, 115 seconds, in the third thus far for Kassian... SHUT DOWN Pahlsson does have an assist though.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: SHUT DOWN Pahlsson does have an assist though.
I saw that, shocking. However, I must say, I was quite impressed with his shooting accuracy in the last game where he hit the post of a wide open net, you know how hard that is? It would take me a long time to hit the post of an open net. I'd might be able to pull off such a feat if ya gave me 35 chances.
porp
CC Veteran

Post by porp »

I guess I still miss the 16g 29p Gino Odjick, playing more often than not with Bure.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
porp wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Love the raw "meanness" in him. Something the coach would never have to do with Bernier or Pyatt...
Although it doesn't quite feel like "mean" - he doesn't have the crazy or hyper-aggressiveness
Would hate to see him get more tuning like the tuning he got from Staubitz a couple weeks back. The kid ain't no Lucic, so people need to lower them expectations. That being said, I agree with Island Nucklehead, fighting wins you hockey games, it's the most important part of your team.
He more than showed up for the Staubitz fight... but that's not the point. We need more finesse and skill and guys to ride the pine in the playoffs, less playoff style hockey and more crazy dads. Right Dude?

I'm not sure if it's been lost on anyone. But since the Canucks have got Kassian they've showed a lot more balls. As a fan, I like that.

And again, AV's hand is on Kassian's shoulder when Kass' teammates are in physical battles on the ice... love it.
porp
CC Veteran

Post by porp »

Love it.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

No star for Hansen?

Ha....great comeback win boys!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Way to grind out another win. I'm still stinging from Foppa stealing the Art Ross from Näslund in the last game of the season.
I won't ever feel pity for that team...
If you need air...call it in
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: SHUT DOWN Pahlsson does have an assist though.
I saw that, shocking. However, I must say, I was quite impressed with his shooting accuracy in the last game where he hit the post of a wide open net, you know how hard that is? It would take me a long time to hit the post of an open net. I'd might be able to pull off such a feat if ya gave me 35 chances.
If you hit the post, it doesn't affect your shooting accuracy.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Island Nucklehead wrote: I dunno if anyone caught it last game, AV holding the kid back on the bench when a scrum was happening on the ice right in front of him. Love the raw "meanness" in him. Something the coach would never have to do with Bernier or Pyatt...
He has a certain look on his face that you shouldn't trust. A bit that the neighbour that everyone thought was a "quiet man who kept to himself".