GDT: Canucks @ Avalanche - 19:00PST, CBC HNiC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Avalanche - 19:00PST, CBC HNiC

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Well that's a 2-1-1 road trip. Not great, but not terrible either.

The best road team in the NHL keeps piling up wins away from the Rog.

The boys finish up the road trip against Chicago (fierce rivalry), then Dallas and Colorado, who are trying to make the playoffs. Also three of the hotter teams in the NHL Pretty good competition.

That much closer to a guaranteed second seed and now 2 points off 1st in the league. Not bad for SHUT DOWN hockey.
Last edited by Island Nucklehead on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Two points out the the Pres with a crappy, struggling team. I assume most of us here can appreciate that many of our past beloved teams never even got close. I think we have some pretty good things to complain about.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

dhabums wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: I dunno if anyone caught it last game, AV holding the kid back on the bench when a scrum was happening on the ice right in front of him. Love the raw "meanness" in him. Something the coach would never have to do with Bernier or Pyatt...
He has a certain look on his face that you shouldn't trust. A bit that the neighbour that everyone thought was a "quiet man who kept to himself".
Exactly. Something we've been missing. The guy that could snap and lose his fucking marbles. Keep him on the edge and he's seriously valuable.

The whole "punish them on the PP" only works when your PP works, and your players aren't hurt. If the refs put away the whistles or your guys start getting injured, you have to respond. Until the day comes when the ref's are consistently correct, I'd rather have a deterrent to go fucking crazy when required. The fact that our deterrent is 21 years old and could be a second line player in the future is just golden.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

I like Hrudey, but did he actually just say Hansen is a big strong guy? His nhl.comstats say 6'1, 195. That has to be wearing skates and pads and carrying a small child.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

dhabums wrote:I like Hrudey, but did he actually just say Hansen is a big strong guy? His nhl.comstats say 6'1, 195. That has to be wearing skates and pads and carrying a small child.
To be fair... Tyson Barrie ain't a big boy and he was put in a bad spot there. Good BC kid, I've actually partied in his old man's house (amazing what investors money gets ya), bad spot for him and Hansen raped him on that one...

PJ calling out Kassian... I'm sure Dude will be allll over that one. I guess he's missed the space created or the attempts to murder Seabrook... but I don't think he's been as "invisible" as PJ claims. Tonight maybe more than the last couple games. If we're picking on our fourth-line rookies, we must be doing alright. Overall, he's been what I've expected. With time he's going to be a force.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dhabums wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: SHUT DOWN Pahlsson does have an assist though.
I saw that, shocking. However, I must say, I was quite impressed with his shooting accuracy in the last game where he hit the post of a wide open net, you know how hard that is? It would take me a long time to hit the post of an open net. I'd might be able to pull off such a feat if ya gave me 35 chances.
If you hit the post, it doesn't affect your shooting accuracy.
I hear what your saying dha[mod edit]. When Mike Bossy was once asked to explain why and how he became such a deadly accurate shooter he replied in his Bossy like humbleness, "I aim for the posts". I guess that was what Sami was doing with that massively wide open net that did not have a goaltender in front of it, he aimed for the post just like Bossy did.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:With time he's going to be a force.
Could you lend me that crystal ball you got there Island, I need to look into some things down the road.

Zack Kassian tonight 9:50
Cody Hodgson tonight 16:21 (1 goal 1 assist)
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Could you lend me that crystal ball you got there Island, I need to look into some things down the road.

Love it. Hodgson's a beauty. Kassian's a beast. Anything else?
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:

Based on tonight, we should have trade the Sedins & Hodgson for Matt Cooke.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Gassian needs a lot of work. Ya OK I like what he POTENTIALLY can bring but he is a long way from establishing himself IMHO.

He just looks so lost out there. The Canucks need to put him on a very stringent training plan in the off season and he needs camp next year to get on the same page as the rest of the team.

I doubt he will hurt us in the playoffs as we can expand our roster so he may not see a lot of ice.

Did anyone else notice how our defence got better once Rome left the game? Just saying.

A good come back win. We will see if they have the fire for first overall. All they can do is take care of business and hope for both St. Louis and NYR to lose a few. But as others have said we should have 2nd seed all but wrapped up.

Count down is on for the real season to begin.

Oh and Dank will be fine for the playoffs. I predict, no inside knowledge here.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: but I don't think he's been as "invisible" as PJ claims.
Some people might call Island Nucklehead's take on this 'Homer'ism, rose colored glasses, biased, my hockey player right or wrong... I myself call it respectable.

I wish I had your optimism, I. N., unfortunately, life is short and I am tired of waiting for Hope to coming walking in through the front door once and for all.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: but I don't think he's been as "invisible" as PJ claims.
Some people might call Island Nucklehead's take on this 'Homer'ism, rose colored glasses, biased, my hockey player right or wrong... I myself call it respectable.

I wish I had your optimism, I. N., unfortunately, life is short and I am tired of waiting for Hope to coming walking in through the front door once and for all.
I am here sweetie. Sorry, I couldn't find my key for 37 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:Gassian needs a lot of work. Ya OK I like what he POTENTIALLY can bring but he is a long way from establishing himself IMHO.

He just looks so lost out there. The Canucks need to put him on a very stringent training plan in the off season and he needs camp next year to get on the same page as the rest of the team.

I doubt he will hurt us in the playoffs as we can expand our roster so he may not see a lot of ice.

Did anyone else notice how our defence got better once Rome left the game? Just saying.

A good come back win. We will see if they have the fire for first overall. All they can do is take care of business and hope for both St. Louis and NYR to lose a few. But as others have said we should have 2nd seed all but wrapped up.

Count down is on for the real season to begin.

Oh and Dank will be fine for the playoffs. I predict, no inside knowledge here.
Here is what we need for us to have any success in the playoffs, Ryan Kesler and Henrik Sedin. Nothing more nothing less. Oh, and great goaltending as well.

I mean, we can all go on and on and on and on about tough guys, fighters, mean, big, tough, angry, irate, irritable, ornery, miserable etc, blah, etc, blah, blah, wtf'ever the bottom line, our two guys down the middle on our top two lines are what only matters in the end. If they ain't going, you can all forgetaboutit Lord Stanley.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:

Nice that you're not waiting. It's a good thing that the guy that replaced CoHo is putting up points! Pahlsson is playing some great offensive hockey!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dhabums wrote:
I am here sweetie. Sorry, I couldn't find my key for 37 years.
Um, like weird.