GDT - Canucks in the Lone Star state - 5 PM PST Mar 22 -SN-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT - Canucks in the Lone Star state - 5 PM PST Mar 22 -

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:
dhabums wrote:If the Canucks somehow win the Pres this year, what exactly can we complain about in retrospect?
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Are you saying that winning the Cup isn't everything? That is sacrilegious.
That is exactly what I said.

Presidents are more important than Stanleys.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Pahlsson replaces CoHo and is a better third line centre RIGHT NOW. Pahlsson gives us a better chance to win playoff games than Hodgson.
But who replaces Cody's offense? I think scoring is a major concern for us, especially at the centre position when you have Hank with only 2 goals in his last 31 games and Kesler being half the player he was last year. I guess, we are a team now that hopes to get the first goal and kiddy bar the door like we did tonight a la Jacque Lemaire and hope for PP success, cause 5 on 5 hockey our offense is very limited now. I just don't understand trading an offensively gifted kid in CoHo who is playing pretty good hockey right now for a project that may or may not turn out.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Pahlsson replaces CoHo and is a better third line centre RIGHT NOW. Pahlsson gives us a better chance to win playoff games than Hodgson.
But who replaces Cody's offense? I think scoring is a major concern for us, especially at the centre position when you have Hank with only 2 goals in his last 31 games and Kesler being half the player he was last year. I guess, we are a team now that hopes to get the first goal and kiddy bar the door like we did tonight a la Jacque Lemaire and hope for PP success, cause 5 on 5 hockey our offense is very limited now. I just don't understand trading an offensively gifted kid in CoHo who is playing pretty good hockey right now for a project that may or may not turn out.
How were Coho's last 15 games with the|Canucks ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

dhabums wrote:
mathonwy wrote: Other than the fact that he's 6'4, 225lbs, I haven't seen anything from Kassian to be able to justify having him over Coho.
Is there a yawn emoticon?

I get the feeling you were in favor of the Neely/Pederson trade.
I'm too young to have an opinion on the Neely/Pederson trade. :)

I'm just calling it like I see it. I'm just watching the game, watching the players and seeing what they do or not do.

AV had full intent to give Kassian first line minutes tonight which is why he started him on the top line with Hank and MayRay. Unfortunately, Kassian just couldn't keep up and AV started doing the musical chair thing.

It's sad really.

Malholtra was another useless player tonight. He was great in the faceoff dot but that's it. Absolutely, positively nothing else to contribute. I didn't really notice any great defense from him and offensively, he's a black hole. It seems like he's getting worse as the season goes on.

Ginger ginger ginger. Even though our forwards are really struggling right now, our stellar goaltending gives us a chance every night.

Take the two points and get outta dodge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dhabums wrote:
I think it is stupid to have ANY opinion on the trade on March 22.
But you just gave your opinion on the trade by basically calling Mathonwy an idiot for being against the trade.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
How were Coho's last 15 games with the|Canucks ?
I don't know, I guess I like CoHo's 18 goals over old man Pahlsson's 4.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mathonwy quit while you're behind. Stop licking the dude's ass , you're going to hit one of Bersnoozi's feet.
Lol..

I'm not licking anyone's ass. :)

I'm just commenting on Kassian's performance tonight.

You are certainly welcome to comment on Kassian's performance tonight as well and refute my points.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

mathonwy wrote: Malholtra was another useless player tonight.
Random randomness to boost your randomly random randomness?

I like that MM won some big faceoffs in the 3rd. I liek that Kass was a part of both goals we scored. I see a team that doesn't look intimidated in the least. You see a team missing a guy who did nothing in his last 16 games. I think I have a better TV than you and way better seats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

mathonwy wrote: Kassian just couldn't keep up

He isn't the only one. I feel like a fucking greyhound here sometimes with a bunch of saint bernards licking my earthpad dust.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:
dhabums wrote:
But you just gave your opinion on the trade by basically calling Mathonwy an idiot for being against the trade.
Exactly.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

mathonwy wrote: I'm just commenting on Kassian's performance tonight.
What was your issue with Kassians performance tonight?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dhabums wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
dhabums wrote:
Exactly.
without prejudice
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dhabums wrote:
turn back a post or two.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:
without prejudice
You have a friend who is a below average lawyer?
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:
dhabums wrote:
turn back a post or two.
Are you mathonwy too?