GDT - Canucks vs Hawks 5 PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Hawks 5 PM PST TSN

Post by 2Fingers »

Good game

Horrible PP

Bad play by Salo/Bieksa

Finally some life from the team.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

Bah..............
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Let's see,

Keith with clear intent to injure a star player. Elbows him to the head with the puck nowhere near possession. Star player leaves the game. Automatic 3-5 game suspension no?

But wait,

Keith plays for Chicago, one of Bettman's bum-buddy teams. Star player happens to be Dan Sedin, who plays for... oh that's right, a Canadian team - Vancouver at that.

Just wait, Keith will get a game and a "sin no more" chat from neutered Shanahan.

If the league had a shred of integrity, Keith would have played his last game of the season tonight - including playoffs. But we all know better.

Somebody should have iced the puck into his corner and slew-footed him head-first into the boards. I don't care if the multi-millionaire is sucking food through a straw the rest of his life, it's the only way justice could even be remotely served. You know the league doesn't know the first thing about it.

At least the Canucks showed up over it. You can't say they were pussies, though it would have been nice to rag-doll and blind-side a couple of the rats even if it meant throwing the game.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Yes we played with some emotion... great! As far as technically sound hockey goes... not so great. Our defense had a hell of a time making a decent pass out of our own end successfully and connect with a Canuck forward. Most of the game was spent just chipping it out only to watch the Hawks make their way back in to our end again...and again...and again. We held some of the play in the Chicago end for over half the 3rd period, but that was it.

Interesting to see Hodgson score 2 for the Sabres tonight...too bad we could have used one of them.
cc oldtimer
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Loving Southern Canuck's anger here. :mex:

Totally agree, someone should have been lacking a couple teeth in this game. Sure kane the homo got a bloody nose but someone needed to pe fucked up and once again the Canucks proved they don't have the assholes to do the job.

I liked the compete, the fact they were into the game and it was one of their better games recently, but as a guy who played like a prick I really wish someone would have gotten hurt ( not injured) on the Hawks.

Lancer appears to be in an angry land right now . :shock:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

nuckster wrote:
Interesting to see Hodgson score 2 for the Sabres tonight...too bad we could have used one of them.
Doubtful he would have been able to keep up in a game that fast tonight.

He will be a decent- good player. Think Brendan Morrison with less wheels and a better shot or Peter Zezel with a c-hair more skill but without the defensive game. He was a 3rd line sheltered centre on this team whose dad obviously made things extremely difficult for the team. GMMG didn't want to have to deal with Carl Lindros the 2nd , especially when Hodgson is 1/2 the player Lindros was.

I think Kassian will be fine. He is still a boy in a mans body. I hope fans give him a chance but in this town it's unlikely. I love how the dude brings up Pyatt and Bernier when discussing Kassian. He gives no parallels except all are big players aquired from Buffalo.

I am not trying to shit down your neck nuckster but I'm just putting it out for Pacific Blue and his fist puppet Todd Bersnoozi.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I liked the compete, the fact they were into the game and it was one of their better games recently, but as a guy who played like a prick I really wish someone would have gotten hurt ( not injured) on the Hawks. Lancer appears to be in an angry land right now .
You could say, but it's the same old thing from the league: if it's an american league darling - especially a southern expansion team - you know the hammer will come down from the league. When has justice ever been served when a Canuck player has been intentionally injured on a play, since Steve Moore's cheap-shot on Naslund? The only injustice for what happened to Moore was that it was Bert who did it and paid for it as opposed to some 4th-liner plug like that piece of shit Moore. Why Gillis didn't sign a knuckle dragger who could take the season-long suspension and end the transgressor's season is beyond me. He has to know the league will never care about Vancouver or its players' safety.

Call it anger but you can only see this so many times and lose faith in the integrity of the league. For now, given the scoreboard, it's the comfort I'll take. :-?

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: GMMG didn't want to have to deal with Carl Lindros the 2nd , especially when Hodgson is 1/2 the player Lindros was. I think Kassian will be fine. He is still a boy in a mans body. I hope fans give him a chance but in this town it's unlikely. I love how the dude brings up Pyatt and Bernier when discussing Kassian. He gives no parallels except all are big players aquired from Buffalo.
Given the news come out about Hodgson's camp, MG had to do something. I don't know if Kassian's the best he could have got, or whether he could have done better trading Hodgson in the off-season. We'll have to see what Kassian does next season. For now, I can safely say Hodgson would not have been playing face-wash with Seabrook tonight. Kassian could have done more in the asshole department tonight, but this was a game where he was good to have.

Hate the League.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Missed the game, caught the highlights and came here. So I have to ask, how come Keith was still playing after that elbow :D

Seriously though I cannot believe he did not get 5 and a game. It was so obviously intentional. I think we see Dank sit for a bit, too bad he can't be placed on LTIR then we could reactivate Ballard :D

I predict that that one hit wakes us up. You have more of a chance getting injured when you play to not get hurt or play to not lose then when you play aggressive and take it to the other team. We have been far too tentative and laid back for sometime now and if this doesn't get the juices flowing nothing will.

If we play Chicago again in the playoffs it will be a bloody war and for that reason I hope we avoid them. Not because I fear losing to them but I fear getting too banged up playing them. But should we meet it will be a war.
The only HW the Canucks need
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I just wonder if Hank has it in him to go flying into a corner elbow first at Keith's head.

Because that was what Keith was deserving and that's what the referees had set up with their incompetence. An eye for an eye.

2 minutes?? Give me a fucking break.

Hank goes in elbow first, knocks Keith unconscious, gets a 3 game break and then comes back energized for the last few games.

See.. that's how tonight's script should have gone.

Yes, there was push back but there needed to be more than push back, there needed to be retribution and unfortunately our boys kinda fucked the dog on that. :(

Nice to see us competing hard though. May Ray had his best game of the season.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:Missed the game, caught the highlights and came here. So I have to ask, how come Keith was still playing after that elbow :D

Seriously though I cannot believe he did not get 5 and a game. It was so obviously intentional. I think we see Dank sit for a bit, too bad he can't be placed on LTIR then we could reactivate Ballard :D

I predict that that one hit wakes us up. You have more of a chance getting injured when you play to not get hurt or play to not lose then when you play aggressive and take it to the other team. We have been far too tentative and laid back for sometime now and if this doesn't get the juices flowing nothing will.

If we play Chicago again in the playoffs it will be a bloody war and for that reason I hope we avoid them. Not because I fear losing to them but I fear getting too banged up playing them. But should we meet it will be a war.
After this I hope we do play Chicago. The league would have that series under a microscope, and you can all but guarantee that the media would have the NHL under a microscope during it. If the Hawk's decided to get chippy and cheap like they did tonight, then the league has to deal with it. The only size they have that is any kind of real worry is Seabrook and Mayers, and even they aren't dirty players. In fact, I like Seabrook, he's big, he hits, and he keeps it clean. Bickell, Bollig, and Hayes can't even skate. Juice, Kassian, Bitz, Weise, Duco, are all up to the task of sending a message. Even Burrows, Kesler, and Lapierre will mix it up and refuse to back down. The league has set their own precedent with the Rome suspension, if a hit like the one Keith threw on Sedin happened in the playoffs, Keith gets 4 games. Done and done. If he doesn't then the NHL is publicly called out for inconsistency and being a total fraud insofar as their discipline goes.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Disagree about "Juice" sending any messages Mëds.

He is a poser and a spot picker. He's Chris Chelios with a 1/4 of the talent. Decent player but he needs to be way more engaged in the greasy games.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

The Canucks showed up for this one and it pretty obvious right from the git go there is bad blood between the two teams. The early goal by Hansen just added fuel to the fire.

Horrible display by the Refs in this game. If Keith gets 5 and a game none of the BS happens or at least not as likely. The Canucks got the short end of the calls and played most of the 2nd that way. That is why it looked like they were pinned in their zone. They were!! The PK and Luo played very well and kept them in the game.

Worst game Booth has had for a while, couldn't win a puck battle on the boards.

LOL at tough guy Bolland standing next to Hank during the "brawl". Good on Burr and KB3 for exacting a little retribution.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Listercat wrote: Good on Burr and KB3 for exacting a little retribution.
What retribution was this ?

Somebody should have been lacking a couple of teeth. Punch someone like you mean it and earn your two minutes, not these glove handed facewash pussy shots that nobody feels. Kane got a chunk of tissue shoved in his ten year old nostrils.... big fucking deal. I hate watching the team I have watched since 77 grabbing their fucking ankles while the other team does the Graham James.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Listercat wrote: Good on Burr and KB3 for exacting a little retribution.
What retribution was this ?

Somebody should have been lacking a couple of teeth. Punch someone like you mean it and earn your two minutes, not these glove handed facewash pussy shots that nobody feels. Kane got a chunk of tissue shoved in his ten year old nostrils.... big fucking deal. I hate watching the team I have watched since 77 grabbing their fucking ankles while the other team does the Graham James.
Kinda tough to take a guys teeth out when you have one of his buddies holding you back with his arm wrapped around your face.....Bieksa was giving Keith some chin shots there, but he wasn't really able to do much else. Then Keith was gone for 14 minutes.

Bieksa was more than willing to dance with Keith, Keith is just too much of a pussy to drop 'em.

As for Juice sending messages. No, he usually just snarls and talks, but I've never seen him back down from a fight. I have seen many player's skate away from him when he's trying to goad them into going. Seriously, what is he supposed to do? Do you want him to blindside a guy the way Bert did? Do you want him to drop the gloves and sucker punch a guy? The only guy that Keith might have dropped the gloves with tonight would have been Mason Raymond. That's how big of a pussy Keith is. He was scared shitless when Kassian strolled into the scrum, didn't say shit to the kid until he was safely on his way to the Hawk's room.