GDT: Canucks vs Habs - 7:00PM PST, CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Habs - 7:00PM PST, CBC

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Canuck fans are morerons 8-) ...many elite teams have sucked before the playoffs begins, these games mean nothing, try getting yourself motivated for them....many of you have admitted yourselves that you are having a hard time getting into this season not only after being burnt out from last Spring...nothing matters but the post-season...these guys want revenge, they have something to prove...and nothing beginning with regular or ends in season...can't wait...so I don't have read this whiny crap that doesn't matter right now...

....Take Care...
AGREED. We the fans have a hard time getting up for a game like this but we expect the players to??

Motivation fluctuates and only a fool would think your Vancouver Canucks won't be motivated come playoffs.

And for those... like Craig Simpson... who think wot we need is for a Sedin to punch a Subban --> :lol:

I couldn't believe Jimmy Hughson seemed to agree!

Ummm Hughson do we have a problem? :evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Canuck fans are morerons 8-) ...many elite teams have sucked before the playoffs begins, these games mean nothing, try getting yourself motivated for them....many of you have admitted yourselves that you are having a hard time getting into this season not only after being burnt out from last Spring...nothing matters but the post-season...these guys want revenge, they have something to prove...and nothing beginning with regular or ends in season...can't wait...so I don't have read this whiny crap that doesn't matter right now...

....Take Care...
AGREED. We the fans have a hard time getting up for a game like this but we expect the players to??

Motivation fluctuates and only a fool would think your Vancouver Canucks won't be motivated come playoffs.

And for those... like Craig Simpson... who think wot we need is for a Sedin to punch a Subban --> :lol:

I couldn't believe Jimmy Hughson seemed to agree!

Ummm Hughson do we have a problem? :evil:
This is Hughson "say again please"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

okcanuck wrote: This is Hughson "say again please"
Hughson have you been drinking the water at the centre of the universe? Over.
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

It's hard to miss games when work and hockey is your entire life.

It's hard to numb the Canuck fanaticism that lies within when your team shits the bed from top to bottom.

Stupid sports...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm surprised that some ofs ya ain't bothered by our inability to create offense or simply put teams away, which has been pretty much the case ever since that Bruins game, which was when? Hey, I know, we are in the playoffs guaranteed. Shi-ite I can remember Skeletor Gallagher going on about 'if the Sedins don't get their game back on track this team is in big trouble' and that was what, a month and more ago? We are too dependent on the Sedins and teams know that, you don't think the book is out now on the Sedins ever since the Bruins exposed them? Just wait til the Shenanigans get worse for them come playoffs. It will be interesting to say the least. Really troubled by the Sedins game right now. If they are 'Shut Down' like this come the playoffs, we are done for, cause we are like the Calgary Flames now, a one line hockey team with good goaltending, decent defense and a whack full of middling, shut down type players with a limited skill set.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

RoyalDude wrote:I'm surprised that some ofs ya ain't bothered by our inability to create offense or simply put teams away, which has been pretty much the case ever since that Bruins game, which was when? Hey, I know, we are in the playoffs guaranteed. Shi-ite I can remember Skeletor Gallagher going on about 'if the Sedins don't get their game back on track this team is in big trouble' and that was what, a month and more ago? We are too dependent on the Sedins and teams know that, you don't think the book is out now on the Sedins ever since the Bruins exposed them? Just wait til the Shenanigans get worse for them come playoffs. It will be interesting to say the least. Really troubled by the Sedins game right now. If they are 'Shut Down' like this come the playoffs, we are done for, cause we are like the Calgary Flames now, a one line hockey team with good goaltending, decent defense and a whack full of middling, shut down type players with a limited skill set.

There's alot of evidence that how a team plays when they are in Vancouver's position has little bearing on playoffs.

Vancouver lost 2 straight to Edmonton and then allowed Calgary to take them to OT to end the year last year.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Looking around the league I see Van, Det, NYR, and Bos as teams deemed legitimate Cup contenders playing some pretty mediocre hockey, but when the playoffs start I expect all 4 will be ready to go, with Boston (as much b/c of injuries) being most ripe to be upset. Pitt is the team to watch, they are for real, have been on two cup runs, know how to do it. I could see St. Loo being upset in the first round; they look great now, but have not been playoff tested.

I see Van in the same boat as other top contenders struggling, nothing unusual about the Canucks' situation at this point in the season with their standing. There are never any sure thing series in the NHL. I do think that all the Canucks' playoff experience over the past 3 years (8 series that have had all sorts of ups and downs, twists and turns) puts them in good position to be ready to deal with the next step up demanded in the playoffs. We'll see..
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Benjo wrote:Besides, a punch to the face from a Sedin would result in little more than a smirk from the defender, it's not like they scare anyone.

You think they need to be perceived more like this? :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Boston Canucker wrote: I could see St. Loo being upset in the first round; they look great now, but have not been playoff tested.
We were talking about this last night, the Blues look great right now but they may just be blowing their load a tad early.

Reminds me of the Canucks in 2009 that went on that ridiculous run in February and March then lost to the Blackhawks in round 2.

Really as long as we completely don't shit the bed we've got one of the top 2 in the West locked. Which means on of Dallas, Phoenix, Calgary, LA, or San Jose in the first round in all likelihood.

Rest, be healthy and get ready for the playoffs. They need to expect to play into June!!
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

What St. Louis is going to have a hard time doing IMO is taking their play up another level. I think they are at the limit right now and don't have an extra gear.